Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
in that case you get to post twice as much whinging on the thread

going off line again now - dont know when i will be back on for a while
sending house selling K to all and hugs
Best of luck Tiggs, we'll miss you!

Hope you have a good flight and a very happy landing! Enjoy your holiday in Melbourne and on the Ocean Road. You will have a ball!

Good luck in Adelaide - don't forget to let us know how you are doing! I'm relying on you to suss the place out remember!

I'm so excited for you!!

GOOD LUCK!

Take care
xxxxx

Last edited by Fly Away; Dec 5th 2007 at 9:07 am.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Best of luck Tiggs, we'll miss you!

Hope you have a good flight and a very happy landing! Enjoy your holiday in and on the Ocean Road. You will have a ball!

Good luck in Adelaide - don't forget to let us know how you are doing! I'm relying on you to suss the place out remember!

I'm so excited for you!!

GOOD LUCK!

Take care
xxxxx
Good luck from me too!!!!!

Lau x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolineW
Good time to sell- you have to pay 18% capital gains tax on an investment after 5th April, up from 10%?
Thanks Caroline - that has cheered me up!

Hope we can sell before then!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Good luck from me too!!!!!

Lau x
Evening Lau

How are you tonight?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Evening Lau

How are you tonight?
I'm fab hon and you?

Have the surveyor coming tomorrow - hopefully all on track for 21st completion...

Downside I have had to clean (again!!!)

Lau x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm fab hon and you?

Have the surveyor coming tomorrow - hopefully all on track for 21st completion...

Downside I have had to clean (again!!!)

Lau x
Hopefully that's the last time you'll have to clean for house selling purposes! You can sink into filth now if you want.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Caroline - that has cheered me up!

Hope we can sell before then!
Hi Caroline, the OH has just told me that this doesn't apply to property - it is company Capital Gains Tax - not personal.

But thanks for the thought!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hopefully that's the last time you'll have to clean for house selling purposes! You can sink into filth now if you want.
We had a bit of a flood on Sun night too

Katrin went into the cupboard under the sink in the utility room and accidentally knocked and broke the washing machine pipe. Of course I had the machine on and I walked into the cloakroom and the carpet was drenched....

The utility and kitchen were rather wet too...

Luckily I have a vax so could hoover the moisture out of the carpet!! It is dry now but slightly stained (oops)....

L x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh no, I bet you were cursing. My advice would be to tell the surveyor that the washing machine leaked -as if he uses the damp meter, he will think the kitchen is damp when it isn't.

We used 1001 carpet cleaner and it got some stains out of carpet if you're worried about that.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh no, I bet you were cursing. My advice would be to tell the surveyor that the washing machine leaked -as if he uses the damp meter, he will think the kitchen is damp when it isn't.

We used 1001 carpet cleaner and it got some stains out of carpet if you're worried about that.
I wouldn't have thought he would use a damp meter as the house is so new if he does I will tell him....

Lau x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wouldn't have thought he would use a damp meter as the house is so new if he does I will tell him....

Lau x
Good point! if it's a homebuyers survey he will only be in there for 20 mins anyway!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good point! if it's a homebuyers survey he will only be in there for 20 mins anyway!
If that!! I wouldn't have thought they would pay for a more detailed survey as it is still under NHBC guarantee....

Lau x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that!! I wouldn't have thought they would pay for a more detailed survey as it is still under NHBC guarantee....

Lau x
You should have no probs. wait til ours is surveyed, we only had half the faults sorted which showed up on our survey - but the ones left aren't drastic, just need to be done at some point in the next few years. Hope they don't cause problems.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You should have no probs. wait til ours is surveyed, we only had half the faults sorted which showed up on our survey - but the ones left aren't drastic, just need to be done at some point in the next few years. Hope they don't cause problems.
I am sure that you survey will be fine too!!!

Lau x
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am sure that you survey will be fine too!!!

Lau x
Hope so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.