Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I think tis about the closest!

How has it gone today? Have you got the cases packed? (All 10 of them!) Did you get the paperwork sorted? I'm sure it will all come together soon!

It's peeing down here, hope it's dry for Somme's shippers today.
Packers in doing a splendid job, can not fault this team from Doree Bonner, so nice I made them sandwiches and cake. This is the easy bit
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Packers in doing a splendid job, can not fault this team from Doree Bonner, so nice I made them sandwiches and cake. This is the easy bit
Good to hear it is going well!! Did the weather stay dry for you? Hope your back is feeling better and it's not too stressful. After today, it's downhill all the way to Noosa!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:36 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I think tis about the closest!

How has it gone today? Have you got the cases packed? (All 10 of them!) Did you get the paperwork sorted? I'm sure it will all come together soon!

It's peeing down here, hope it's dry for Somme's shippers today.
only got 9 cases to pack - eldest son decided on one large case rather than two smaller as he thought it woud be easier to manage on his own. 4 cases done - have a large list of things that need washing before they go in and i MUST get them all done this evening ... i am still a day behind

omg had forgotten about the rain problem - just checked the weather forcast for our move day - one said light rain the other said dry
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
only got 9 cases to pack - eldest son decided on one large case rather than two smaller as he thought it woud be easier to manage on his own. 4 cases done - have a large list of things that need washing before they go in and i MUST get them all done this evening ... i am still a day behind

Get washing woman! Hope you have a tumble drier and a husband who irons! Alternatively, pack one case with dirty clothes! Wash them when you get there! Save the hassle right now. (Can you tell I am a lazy woman???)
omg had forgotten about the rain problem - just checked the weather forcast for our move day - one said light rain the other said dry
Fingers crossed it's fine on the day. It doesn't sound as if it will be too bad.

One of the things I love about Oz, is that the weather forcasts are so accurate. They say, it is going to be 32degrees next Thursday and it is! How do they do that???
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:53 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed it's fine on the day. It doesn't sound as if it will be too bad.

One of the things I love about Oz, is that the weather forcasts are so accurate. They say, it is going to be 32degrees next Thursday and it is! How do they do that???
thats because it is always 32 degrees next thursday
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
thats because it is always 32 degrees next thursday
I hate to tell you this......................

There are seasons in Adelaide Tiggs.

Sometimes the temperature goes down to 10 degrees in the day! (It was 10 degrees here today and quite warm - so that isn't too worrying....) It was 45 degrees when were in SA a few years ago..... Pretty variable really and they still get it right. Our lot are useless!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:02 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

we put our house on the market on monday, but have to have one of those stupid bloody home packages done, has anyone else had one of these done?
I tell you what, my house has never looked so great
I'm hoping the sign will be up tomorrow and that it will be on the internet by the end of the work, i'm also hoping it will be sold by monday
oh, its great doing this house selling malarky isnt it?
bec
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by egghead4
we put our house on the market on monday, but have to have one of those stupid bloody home packages done, has anyone else had one of these done?
I tell you what, my house has never looked so great
I'm hoping the sign will be up tomorrow and that it will be on the internet by the end of the work, i'm also hoping it will be sold by monday
oh, its great doing this house selling malarky isnt it?
bec
Hiya Bec,

I met you at the Wales meet. I'm the one with the daughter with a poorly foot!

So you decided to put it on the market after all! Good luck to you!

I have just signed with a new agent, so I'm hoping for a miracle for Christmas. You can but hope!

Glad to have some new blood on the thread, the current lot have nearly all sold and are on their way to Oz for Christmas. A woman could get bitter if they weren't such nice people!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:19 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Hiya Bec,

I have just signed with a new agent, so I'm hoping for a miracle for Christmas. You can but hope!

Glad to have some new blood on the thread, the current lot have nearly all sold and are on their way to Oz for Christmas. A woman could get bitter if they weren't such nice people!
hiya
I went with an agent that didnt tie me into an agreement of any sort. its simply no sale no fee. did you have to have one of those home buyer packages done?
£350:curse:
we are also going to have to pay a penalty for repaying the mortgage early, so its asking price all the way
bec
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by egghead4
hiya
I went with an agent that didnt tie me into an agreement of any sort. its simply no sale no fee. did you have to have one of those home buyer packages done?
£350:curse:
we are also going to have to pay a penalty for repaying the mortgage early, so its asking price all the way
bec
No, we didn't have to have an HIP because the house was on the market before they came in. However, if it is still on the market by the time the time limit runs out, we'll have to have one. I agree, they're a waste of money. We live in an old house and it's fairly obvious that it isn't going to be very energy efficient. Short of ripping out the stone mullioned windows and putting in UPVC, there's not much we can do about it!

What a pain you have a redemption penalty. Thankfully, we don't have one of those, but we haven't been in the house long, so stand to make a loss if the prices continue to fall.

Sorry, it's usually fun on this thread, honest!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hiya Bec,

As above except you and me Fly!!:curse::curse:
Hi Bec, and welcome - yes had hips report for £350.00 total and utter waste of everyones time.
DTP
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
As above except you and me Fly!!:curse::curse:
Hi Bec, and welcome - yes had hips report for £350.00 total and utter waste of everyones time.
DTP
Evening DTP - I see you've adopted DTP as your signature!

How are you? Still not sold? Silly question eh?

My new EA is coming on Friday to measure up and take photos. Hope he can sell the sodding thing!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed for you fly, should be packing just taking a break, hard work but will be worth it come Friday.

Computor goes tomorrow so won't be able to speak to you all till next week.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fingers crossed for you fly, should be packing just taking a break, hard work but will be worth it come Friday.

How's your back Somme? Hope you're not doing too much! We're going to miss you loads. Hope you can find a way to post some updates. Won't be long before you're in a rental and conneted up to broadband hopefully!

How many days now before you fly? OMG, it's SO exciting!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:48 am
sneaking a peek ...

evening all

I hate to tell you this......................

There are seasons in Adelaide Tiggs.

Sometimes the temperature goes down to 10 degrees in the day! (It was 10 degrees here today and quite warm - so that isn't too worrying....) It was 45 degrees when were in SA a few years ago..... Pretty variable really and they still get it right. Our lot are useless!
lol i was kidding!!
you wouldnt believe the number of people who have told me that i wont be needing a coat - or even a jumper once we get to australia.

have fun with the packing! take care of your back - talk to you next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.