Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber

Wow house sounds fantastic!! Sure you really want to sell and move????
It was our 'forever house' - we bought it to do up and stay in until we retired. haha. 3 years later and we're trying to sell it! It was built by a ships captain from Scotland in 1912 and must have been very avent gard for it's time. We have stone mullioned windows and oak floors, doors and panelling, a quarter of an acre garden, plannnig for a triple garage with flat over it, 4 receptions, 5 bedrooms plus the disused servants' quarters. AND NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT!?!:curse:
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

To be honest, am just forgetting that house is even on market. Want to have a stress-free christmas . Would have a mad panic if EA rang to send round a viewer. Nothing for 5 wks now!!!!!!

Am going to review situation in Jan, ie: get on the EA's backs constantly, get a new EA and maybe drop price
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Fly away, you should have loads of time if you havent got visa yet???? Are you going on 136 visa?? if you are you get a year from the date of either medical or police clearance whichever was done first.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
To be honest, am just forgetting that house is even on market. Want to have a stress-free christmas . Would have a mad panic if EA rang to send round a viewer. Nothing for 5 wks now!!!!!!

Am going to review situation in Jan, ie: get on the EA's backs constantly, get a new EA and maybe drop price
Sounds like a good plan! I know what you mean about lack of viewers. My house was a tip as it has been a few weeks since we had a viewer. I had to do a serious clean to have the photos taken today!

The market is rumoured to improve in Jan - if the interest rate drops.

Fly away, you should have loads of time if you havent got visa yet???? Are you going on 136 visa?? if you are you get a year from the date of either medical or police clearance whichever was done first.
No - we're applying for a 475. Usually issued in 4 months - perhaps less now! So we do need to sell soon. The visa has a lot more restrictions - you only have a year to get there as you have to live in the State for 2 yrs and it is a 3 yr visa. So once it is issued, we have a year to get our arses into gear, sell the house and ship out there. It is a tight timescale if the house takes a long time to sell.

Annoyingly, we put the house on the market early to avoid the very situation we are in now. Someone made us a good offer, being trusting, we took it off the market for them and then they tried to force the price down and down because they knew we were emigrating. Because we wouldn't give in to them, they eventually pulled out. Of course, by this time it was August and the market had died. Hence we sacked the agent who told them we were emigrating. (We had asked them not to.)

We would also be able to save a lot of money each month if we moved into a small rented flat while we wait - which would mean a better start in Oz.

Oh and my OH's contract ends in 4 weeks and he hasn't got another one as he isn't sure how long we will be in the country. So he is looking for very short term contracts and there don't seem to be any around. If he breaks a contract by swanning off to Oz, he would face legal consequences and perhaps lose a lot of money. This wouldn't matter if we didn't have a huge mortgage to pay every month.....

Ah well, the best laid plans of mice and men................
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

In same situation as you, we have only had one viewer back in October and its been on the market since september. Isn't it weird how unhomely (if this is a word) selling a house is! I am looking forward to having my xmas decorations up and wrapping paper all over the floor just so it feels like my home again and not some show home. Really should clean again today but soooo can't be bothered

Good luck to everyone still selling lets hope some of the luck from those on here who have sold rubs off on us
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone

We have an offer that we can live with, just one question.
When should I engage Solicitor ? Should I wait for his survey ?
Do I have to pay up front ? I don't want to engage Solicitor until im sure its moving forrward
thanks and best of luck out there everyone
Old Nov 30th 2007, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sloane46
In same situation as you, we have only had one viewer back in October and its been on the market since september. Isn't it weird how unhomely (if this is a word) selling a house is! I am looking forward to having my xmas decorations up and wrapping paper all over the floor just so it feels like my home again and not some show home. Really should clean again today but soooo can't be bothered

Good luck to everyone still selling lets hope some of the luck from those on here who have sold rubs off on us
I work on the principle that if you keep the house clean, no one will come and all that work is wasted. Instead, I live in a tip and run round like an idiot cleaning it before viewers arrive!

I hope the good luck rubs off on us all too!

Originally Posted by twhurl
Hi Everyone

We have an offer that we can live with, just one question.
When should I engage Solicitor ? Should I wait for his survey ?
Do I have to pay up front ? I don't want to engage Solicitor until im sure its moving forrward
thanks and best of luck out there everyone

Hi Twhurl.

WAIT FOR THE SURVEY! Loads of us have been bitten on here by buyers who won't commit. This is normal practice and the buyer shouldn't be offended. I would wait until they appoint a solicitor too - although the Estate Agent normally pushes them to do this. I don't think it will cost you anything extra to appoint a solicitor for the sale early in the process - So long as you tell them to only do the work which applies to a sale to anyone - they will have to do this anyway and should save time in the long run!

My news is that the photographer has been for the new EA. I'll have to wait until next week to approve the details and the photos. He seemed quite sure there was someone waiting to buy our house. Not sure if this is bull though.

Tiggs, Somme and W2BT, hope you're having good days and not too stressful. Hope to hear your news soon!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

They are seem to say they have people interested in your house and then they just disappear bull I would say........

Have given up living in show home. Xmas decs up tomorrow so if anyone wants to see it I am not going to run around like a headless chicken to tidy up . I'm with you fly away.....
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are seem to say they have people interested in your house and then they just disappear bull I would say........

I'm sure that you're right!! I hate EA's.:curse:

Have given up living in show home. Xmas decs up tomorrow so if anyone wants to see it I am not going to run around like a headless chicken to tidy up . I'm with you fly away.....

Good on ya! I'm going to make a start on the decs this weekend. On the plus side, you can cover up all sorts of things with some strategically placed tinsel and don't need to dust for weeks. I'm going for the traditional Christmas look - green and red with natural trees/ holly - plenty of christmasy smells and if anyone comes to view I'll get them drunk on mulled wine and make then sign a contract on the spot!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Buyers GRRRR ..... now they are insisting that we said that they could have our American fridge! No way did we mention the fridge. However, we have said they can have the fridge if they sign the contracts next week, watch this space.

I am trying to think about christmas but it is very difficult with such uncertainty.

Mandy
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good on ya! I'm going to make a start on the decs this weekend. On the plus side, you can cover up all sorts of things with some strategically placed tinsel and don't need to dust for weeks. I'm going for the traditional Christmas look - green and red with natural trees/ holly - plenty of christmasy smells and if anyone comes to view I'll get them drunk on mulled wine and make then sign a contract on the spot!!
Hey me too going for the green and red look. Great minds must think alike Oh no have just remembered have forgotton to get chocs for the tree damn
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Buyers GRRRR ..... now they are insisting that we said that they could have our American fridge! No way did we mention the fridge. However, we have said they can have the fridge if they sign the contracts next week, watch this space.

I am trying to think about christmas but it is very difficult with such uncertainty.

Mandy
God they will try anything wont they
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

Bloomin buyers indeed!! Cheeky so and sos! :curse: Good idea to force their hand re the exchange though! We have deliberately excluded stuff from the sale so we have something to bargain with. (ie American fridge, large climbing frame, handmade freestanding oak kitchen furniture - which matches the fitted kitchen.) We have no intention of taking this stuff with us, but may 'throw it in' for a quick exchange. LOL.

You must be tearing your hair out.:curse: I would ban Christmas if I were you! Let us know how it goes!!

Hey me too going for the green and red look. Great minds must think alike Oh no have just remembered have forgotton to get chocs for the tree damn
Yup, great minds!!

I've got my tree choccies, (Cadbury's on offer 2 for £5 in Nisa, if there is one near you!)

Hope making the house all Christmassy works for us both!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:23 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

well this is it our taxi is coming at 1pm to take us to heathrow, fly tomorrow at 6,15, really cant believe that we have arived at this point,it all sort of sneaked up on us becuase you get so wrapped on selling house stuff you dont relise where the time goes. got to say goodbye to my family later and going to be really sad but they said last night how proud they are that we want to make a better life for us and the children. this is so hard i hate upsetting people.
oh and thank you to all at wphs for your support and help you are fab people and this thread has brought me many laughs and been a much needed frustration release.
wishing you all lots of house selling luck for the new year hang on in there it does happen eventually

omg just read that back ...................................do i get an oscar

bon voyage x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishing you the best of luck want2bthere, am sure you will all love it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.