Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Daunted, Good to hear all going well for you. Sounds like you are having a ball. I just can't wait to get over there now, think its about 16 wks now until we go Feel nervous but very very excited at same time

Just hope house gets sold soon it would be a biiiigggg weight off our shoulders.

Oh I was looking at my mortgage stuff (am with the Halifax) and it says you can apply for a 'Mortgage Holiday' where you can apply to not pay for up to 6 months!!!!! Does anyone else know any details about this. Would be handy in case we have to leave house here to sell....
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Daunted, Good to hear all going well for you. Sounds like you are having a ball. I just can't wait to get over there now, think its about 16 wks now until we go Feel nervous but very very excited at same time

Just hope house gets sold soon it would be a biiiigggg weight off our shoulders.

Oh I was looking at my mortgage stuff (am with the Halifax) and it says you can apply for a 'Mortgage Holiday' where you can apply to not pay for up to 6 months!!!!! Does anyone else know any details about this. Would be handy in case we have to leave house here to sell....
I took the full 6 month mortgage holiday with the halifax to fund the whole visa application. was straight forward and payment only increased £20 when 6 months was over. give them a ring its a great idea THOUGH they did ask why i wanted break and they may not like the leaving the country thing
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thought amongst all the stress of house selling you may like to see my new house!! oK its a rental but it is home from tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-our-house.jpg  
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everyone,

No news still from me
Spoke to EA's (on with 3 of them), and they all said dont drop the price Doesnt make sense to me, as we are getting no viewings at the moment. They just saying its not the price its just quiet at the moment and to wait until January and it will pick up We'll see
Obviously your house is not overpriced. It is just the fact that there aren't any buyers out there. Hopefully IT WILL pick up after Christmas.

Originally Posted by woodys
Its usually the EA who tries to make YOU drop the price,weve got the same dilemma but have decided to hang fire til New Year as its always like this this time of year,interest rates may just come down(fingers crossed)Also a relief not to have to worry about viewings while trying to get ready for Crimbo!The trees up now so living room doesnt look as big either!Good luck to everyone whos trying to sell their house at the moment!Its one thing i could do without having to worry about!
Hi Woodys - welcome to the WPHS thread. Where are you in the visa / selling process? I've gone overboard with Chrstmas decs to try and seduce any buyer if they view. It also means you don't have to dust if you put cards on all surfaces!

Fingers crossed for a rate decrease!

Originally Posted by daunted
HI there!! Yes tigress found us at the departure gate - last saw them in the queue heading through immigration
That's good, was it surreal? There you are in Singaore meeting a woman you met online and then flying off to Oz!

oooooh yeah - apparantly my house is due to complete on 14 december I hope so cos i seen a wonderful dining room set that would look lovely in my new house
YAY!! Good news. Not long now. Put a reserve on the dining set.

16 weeks - wow. I wish we had a date to look forward to. A mortgage holiday is a payment free period. The interest is 'rolled up' and either added to the loan or to subsequent payments. A good idea while you sell as you can pay it all off when the house sells. You'd have to decide if you could make the increased payments if it doesn't sell though.

Thought amongst all the stress of house selling you may like to see my new house!! oK its a rental but it is home from tomorrow ::
FANTASTIC!How wonderful that you have a new home. It looks great! I bet you can't wait to move in and celebrate your first Christmas in Oz!

No news from me. At the moment I dodn't care. Maybe that'll help things along!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Nice house Daunted and couldn't help noticing the clear blue sky!!!!!!

With regards to Halifax will def look into it more as this might be a perfect option if we dont sell before we go.....

Good luck to everyone trying to sell their house
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just been online on UpMy Street and there were 76 houses completed within 1 mile of our house in July and August and 6 (yes only 6) in September and October. I bet Nov and Dec will be even lower. At least I know it isn't my house, but the flamin market.:curse:

Does anyone remember me saying I wasn't bothered about selling this morning.........
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:03 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Der der der der der derrrr ITS

ME

Carless
Furnitureless
and as of lunchtime tomorrow - homeless

someone do a summary of the last few days and we will catch up later with a glass of wine.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:10 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

ME

Carless
Furnitureless

someone do a summary of the last few days and we will catch up later with a glass of wine.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Graz - hacked into next door's wireless then!

Glad to hear everything is moving along. Hope it's not too stressful! Have you exchanged yet?

Summary; W2BT has completed and flown out. Somme is disconnected at the mo and Amanda has completed and moved in with her parents. Daunted has kept us update and has got a job and a rental already.

The rest of us are sulking!

Let us know all your news and enjoy that glass of wine!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi DTP,

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Helps take your mind off things doesn't it? Your poor daughter falling in the mud! Serves the house people right for having a muddy carpark. They should fork out for some chippings!!

No news on the house, just waiting to approve the details before we are all systems go with the new agent. Any movement your end??
Hi Fly,
No nothing, zip, diidly squat, naff all
Like everyone seems to say we're not dropping on price I don't think it would make any difference, not now its nearly Christmas. Wait and see I think it will be middle to late Feb before we see any action:curse::curse:
Dtp
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by graz79

ME

Carless
Furnitureless

Good to have you back!!.........Although another pair that won't be here for much longer:curse:
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi Fly,
No nothing, zip, diidly squat, naff all
Like everyone seems to say we're not dropping on price I don't think it would make any difference, not now its nearly Christmas. Wait and see I think it will be middle to late Feb before we see any action
Dtp
Evening DTP. Sorry you've got no news. Our situation just got worse! We own a flat that we let out and our tenant has just given notice. Got to sell that too now! We were waiting for them to leave - but thought it would be the Spring. Guess that's another few months mortgage payments to fork out before that sells. Great Xmas pressie eh? 2 properties on the market at the same time AGHHHHHH.

I'm going to ask the EA for a bulk discount!

Good to have you back!!.........Although another pair that won't be here for much longer:curse:

I know!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening DTP. Sorry you've got no news. Our situation just got worse! We own a flat that we let out and our tenant has just given notice. Got to sell that too now! We were waiting for them to leave - but thought it would be the Spring. Guess that's another few months mortgage payments to fork out before that sells. Great Xmas pressie eh? 2 properties on the market at the same time AGHHHHHH.

I'm going to ask the EA for a bulk discount!

I know!
Discount bloody too right. We should have a bet to see who sells first although you have an unfair advantage having 2
Can't you let it out though again? Was that the plan to sell flat as well?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Discount bloody too right. We should have a bet to see who sells first although you have an unfair advantage having 2
Can't you let it out though again? Was that the plan to sell flat as well?
We were planning to sell as soon as the tenant left as they were paying the mortgage whilst the market was bad! We could get another tenant, but we'd rather sell as the equity would give us a cushion to move to OZ without selling this one. It would also take a while to get another tenant as it's Christmas, so it might as well go on the market asap. We have another property too...... although we will probably keep one as a safety net.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice

Haven't been on here for ages, was looking for some good news from you Fly away, instead now you've got 2 to sell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.