Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by daunted
think i will save doing mine until day or two before i go cos at this rate its gonna cost me a fortune in hair dye!!!

can you get loreal hair colour in Oz
Good idea - although if you're having a farewell party you'll look grey on the photos!

I think you can get L'oreal. If you check on the packet, there should be an Aussie distribution address. If not, check online for the company and email them! A girl needs her roots done!

BTW, have you ever finished the Iceland Blog, I'm still waiting to see what happened to Miss smartie pants!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good idea - although if you're having a farewell party you'll look grey on the photos!

I think you can get L'oreal. If you check on the packet, there should be an Aussie distribution address. If not, check online for the company and email them! A girl needs her roots done!

BTW, have you ever finished the Iceland Blog, I'm still waiting to see what happened to Miss smartie pants!
Good thinking! I will check the packet!
Iceland?? when was that then god it feels like amillion years ago now!! I hvent finished it yet but perhaps i will get it done this weekend
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Somme!

Well the 12 o clock has been and gone and guess what HE LOVES IT!! Wants to bring the wife back tomorrow!!! He is a builder, but wants it for himself to live in. He wants to part ex for a flat - which is fine by us as it would release some equity and we would be mortgage free until the visa comes through.

OMG, I am so nervous now. Just phoned my OH in a panic! Hope his wife likes it!
Great news, everything crossed hope you go out tonjght, you deserve a treat

Well get this!!!! My original buyer, after all the faffing around and stress he put me through this week has just been into the EA and said he cant get a mortgage! What kind of person pays out for 2 surveys when they dont even have a mortgage in place

Thankfully my lady buyer had her survey done today by the same company as original buyer - so am hopeful things may still JUST squeeze through in time before we go - if not shortly after we arrive
Keeping everything insight crossed very tightly
What a plonker

Good thinking! I will check the packet!
Iceland?? when was that then god it feels like amillion years ago now!! I hvent finished it yet but perhaps i will get it done this weekend
Think they do have hair colour in Oz, just if they have your shade
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Great news, everything crossed hope you go out tonjght, you deserve a treat

Thanks! We're not going out, we're having quiche and salad - not much mess or smell and easy.LOL. We'll possibly go out tomorrow if things go well!

What a plonker

Agreed! That's what the delay was then, he was going round mortgage companies trying to get a mortgage.:curse::curse:

Think they do have hair colour in Oz, just if they have your shade

Grey??? PMSL. Sorry!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:56 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! You've got quite a list now, suburb, school and job!

Just come back from a wet and windy school run and getting tea before heading out for piano lessons. As my 7 year old said, "Doesn't a little child ever get a rest Mummy?" To which I answered, "It's training for when you're a Mummy!"
I will make sure i makes lots of notes for you!
lol - i know just how she feels!

Well get this!!!! My original buyer, after all the faffing around and stress he put me through this week has just been into the EA and said he cant get a mortgage! What kind of person pays out for 2 surveys when they dont even have a mortgage in place.

Thankfully my lady buyer had her survey done today by the same company as original buyer - so am hopeful things may still JUST squeeze through in time before we go - if not shortly after we arrive
what a complete idiot :curse:
these people really have no idea what they are putting us through

just so lucky that you have another buyer

i had forgotten about miss smartie pants
yes we definitely need another installment!

i dont know about you but i havent even had time to thing about my blog - never mind write anything
might have to make it an official break on mine for a bit
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:07 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Well get this!!!! My original buyer, after all the faffing around and stress he put me through this week has just been into the EA and said he cant get a mortgage! What kind of person pays out for 2 surveys when they dont even have a mortgage in place

Surely there should be some law to stop idiots from doing this to us.......luckly you have your lady buyer to fall back on
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

My buyers solicitor is an arse :curse: He keeps asking me things about the house before we bought it, it is 350 years old.

Doesn't look like we will exchange 2morrow, said to my solicitor if we don't exchange 2morrow I will pull out, (temper), he said wait and see what 2morrow brings. If no exchange on Monday we will discuss it :curse::curse:

My bloody life is on hold and has been for the past 2 years.

Rant over, sorry just had to get it off my chest, think her solicitor normally only deals with new houses.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My buyers solicitor is an arse :curse: He keeps asking me things about the house before we bought it, it is 350 years old.

Doesn't look like we will exchange 2morrow, said to my solicitor if we don't exchange 2morrow I will pull out, (temper), he said wait and see what 2morrow brings. If no exchange on Monday we will discuss it :curse::curse:

Rant over, sorry just had to get it off my chest, think her solicitor normally only deals with new houses.
Why are people such idiots??:curse::curse: Try not to get too stressed. HAHA, I know that's a silly thing to say. IT will happen. This idiot is just a jobsworth.

What sort of thing is this silly solicitor asking? Surely not if you have an NHBC guarantee?? PMSL.

We have stone mullioned windows and so many viewers have complained that we don't have UPVC!!!!! Needless to say, this isn't the house for them!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Why are people such idiots??:curse::curse: Try not to get too stressed. HAHA, I know that's a silly thing to say. IT will happen. This idiot is just a jobsworth.

What sort of thing is this silly solicitor asking? Surely not if you have an NHBC guarantee?? PMSL.

We have stone mullioned windows and so many viewers have complained that we don't have UPVC!!!!! Needless to say, this isn't the house for them!
Asking about an extension that was done in the 70's well before we bought it,we have never had any problems as live next to a field, has anyone ever objected, like who!!!!!!!

Also the drains as water company have no longer got the plans, destroyed in a fire, we knew it when we bought it, never had any problems

As buyer is always telephoning me thought I might phone her, what do you think?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Asking about an extension that was done in the 70's well before we bought it,we have never had any problems as live next to a field, has anyone ever objected, like who!!!!!!!

Also the drains as water company have no longer got the plans, destroyed in a fire, we knew it when we bought it, never had any problems

As buyer is always telephoning me thought I might phone her, what do you think?
That's plain daft as even if the extension was built without planning permission, the period when the council could ask for it to be pulled down was over years ago!

Same with the drains. The water company doesn't know where our drains OR water supply are! We didn't have a stop cock when we moved in! We had to get Water board to fit one. The old supply is still connected - god knows where it comes from!??

Good idea to phone the buyer. Ask her why she wants this information and explain that you just don't know and it has never been a problem. Say, if she wants to know anything else to ask you not the solicitor as it is holding the sale up. She might listen!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:36 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

hi somme, how are you now bl**dy solicitors they're a nightmere.
we havent exchanged yet either, found out on tues that my buyers are having a damp proof survey done on their property today, what have they all been doing for the last 6 weeks anyway we've managed to change our flights to 2nd dec, this is the lastest we can go so hopefully that will give them enough time to get stuff sorted
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hiya Tiggs - missed your post earlier!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I will make sure i makes lots of notes for you!
lol - i know just how she feels!

Thanks! Poor child is run off her feet : not!
what a complete idiot :curse:
these people really have no idea what they are putting us through

just so lucky that you have another buyer

Agreed - flamin buyers!

i had forgotten about miss smartie pants
yes we definitely need another installment!

i dont know about you but i havent even had time to thing about my blog - never mind write anything
might have to make it an official break on mine for a bit :
Nah, you have to keep it going now as it is the really exciting part!! : And those of us without a visa and a housesale, need something to read on long dark UK winter evenings........ Woe is me.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:23 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Tiggs - missed your post earlier!

Nah, you have to keep it going now as it is the really exciting part!! : And those of us without a visa and a housesale, need something to read on long dark UK winter evenings........ Woe is me.
there is nothing very exciting happening at the moment
all the moving stuff involves boring organising and havent got time to do anything else - so the blog is suffering a little.

I am planning on keeping a diary while we are travelling and getting settled and then adding those entries to the blog as and when i get online - quite worringly i have no idea how often that will be

what will i do without BE?!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:24 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
there is nothing very exciting happening at the moment
all the moving stuff involves boring organising and havent got time to do anything else - so the blog is suffering a little.

I am planning on keeping a diary while we are travelling and getting settled and then adding those entries to the blog as and when i get online - quite worringly i have no idea how often that will be

what will i do without BE?!
pack!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hi somme, how are you now bl**dy solicitors they're a nightmere.
we havent exchanged yet either, found out on tues that my buyers are having a damp proof survey done on their property today, what have they all been doing for the last 6 weeks anyway we've managed to change our flights to 2nd dec, this is the lastest we can go so hopefully that will give them enough time to get stuff sorted
Have you got the removals booked and with who? Did you manage to get your returns for up to 12 months from when you booked?

Other than house all going ahead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.