Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by daunted
coooooooeeeeeeeeee you lot!! am at singapore airport with a fat arse and knackered but very excited - if you see tigeress white point her in my direction please bye for now xxx
HIYA DAUNTED!!! Hope the rest of the journey was good - you should be almost there by now!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone,
packers coming tomorrow and my back has gone into spasm, on diazipam and painkillers, rekon a lot more will go in the container than I want but in so much pain, hope it settles down before flights
Oh no, it must have been all the hard work you've been doing. I don't know how you can rest, but try to! Those wheaty bags you put in the microwave are good. Hope you manage to get something done. Can you sit in a chair and direct the proceedings???

Sending you some hugs. (((())))

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
morning all!

Graz never packs enough and then expects me to have the rest of the stuff he needs
We are only taking one of the laptops (we will have to share!) and it is going in Graz's hand luggage - he bought a rucksack with the straps for it inside.
Typical man. Mine always expects to use his things at the very last minute and have them packed. Not sure how this works.

Hope you get lots done today.

Well, I'm back on cleaning duty. Please tell me it ends soon............ Might have sold one of our rental flats to our next door neighbour!! Mentioned it to him this morning and he was very interested - it's not even on the market, so that would be a turn up for the books!!

Good luck to everyone today and happy landings to Daunted!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can pack and survive on what i pack perfectly well.

I do not get how children work....small beings take 4 times as many clothes...

Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:29 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

quick house selling update ..........

buyers have paid their deposit - we are just waiting for their cheque to clear before we exchange - with a completion date of ....

..... 5th december
we should complete before we fly !!!!!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:30 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79

only 'cause you dont change your socks
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79

Morning Graz,

Wondered when you'd have to reply. You may be able to survive on the things you pack, but how do you think everyone else feels about you wearing the same undercrackers for 3 weeks????

At least you have boys - try having girls. They want a fresh frilly dress for every day - just in case they need to dress up, plus matching shoes and all the every day things too.............. and ours is only 7!!

Good luck with the packing - I'll come and sit on the cases if you need help.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quick house selling update ..........

buyers have paid their deposit - we are just waiting for their cheque to clear before we exchange - with a completion date of ....

..... 5th december
we should complete before we fly !!!!!!
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! what a wieght off your mind! Hopefully you'll exchange this week and you can forward fix your exchange rate too! It's all falling into place now!

Last edited by Fly Away; Nov 26th 2007 at 11:09 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:03 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Just worked it out that assuming we complete on the 5th we will have done the whole thing in 40 days
pretty good going that - i really was expecting to fly with the house not even at exchange when we left - it will be a HUGE weight off both our minds to get it all sorted.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just worked it out that assuming we complete on the 5th we will have done the whole thing in 40 days
pretty good going that - i really was expecting to fly with the house not even at exchange when we left - it will be a HUGE weight off both our minds to get it all sorted.

That's great going!!

Although there is no reason a sale can not complete in 4 weeks - so long as the searches come back on time. 5 weeks has been our fastest, we bought and sold then too!! Usually if it takes a long time, somebody wants it to go slow or there is a genuine problem or the solicitor/mortgage company are slow. Our longest was 8 months. The owner just did not want to move out, she offered on a property and they pulled out after 2 months and then she couldn't find anywhere to buy for months and then when she did there was a problem with the survey, on and on it went. In the end we bought the property and let it back to her. Friends of ours waited 13 months! The vendor was sectioned mid sale and her social workers were put in charge of the sale. Every decision was made by committee. So yes, 40 days is fantastic when you think about it!!!

I was wondering today how Walkermatt is getting on?? It's strange he hasn't come back online. Hope you get back on BE much faster! We'll miss you!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:12 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's great going!!

Although there is no reason a sale can not complete in 4 weeks - so long as the searches come back on time. 5 weeks has been our fastest, we bought and sold then too!! Usually if it takes a long time, somebody wants it to go slow or there is a genuine problem or the solicitor/mortgage company are slow. Our longest was 8 months. The owner just did not want to move out, she offered on a property and they pulled out after 2 months and then she couldn't find anywhere to buy for months and then when she did there was a problem with the survey, on and on it went. In the end we bought the property and let it back to her. Friends of ours waited 13 months! The vendor was sectioned mid sale and her social workers were put in charge of the sale. Every decision was made by committee. So yes, 40 days is fantastic when you think about it!!!

I was wondering today how Walkermatt is getting on?? It's strange he hasn't come back online. Hope you get back on BE much faster! We'll miss you!
secontioned mid sale - i know how she felt

i did pm walkermat a while back - but he never replied.
i guess he is too busy out in the sunshine to post

i will miss you all too - i wont know what to do with myself without an internet connection
probably wont be on much after friday (broadband is supposidly turning off from then) so will only be on if i can borrow a connection!

did just find out that our flight has wifi so i could be online while we fly
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

secontioned mid sale - i know how she felt

I'm surprised you don't hear about it more often!

i did pm walkermat a while back - but he never replied.
i guess he is too busy out in the sunshine to post

Or hasn't got back online yet.

i will miss you all too - i wont know what to do with myself without an internet connection
probably wont be on much after friday (broadband is supposidly turning off from then) so will only be on if i can borrow a connection!

did just find out that our flight has wifi so i could be online while we fly
You will find you can do so much more in a day without BE! Hope you can get on occaisionally to update us! How much fun would it be to surf whilst on a flight.

Forgot to say i like the new avatar!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:28 am
sneaking a peek ...

:

Forgot to say i like the new avatar!!
thought it was quite appropriate
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thought it was quite appropriate
I'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous. Can I pinch the idea when we're almost there?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hiya all

Guess what we completed today, mtge is paid of money in the bank, house no longer ours !!! we are really pleased but..........

not sure why but we dont feel ehhhmm anything really, not sure if we are happy, sad, nervous, excited !! its kind of strange we finally got everything we wanted and we are not jumping from the roof tops. We are having a hard time why we are feeling this ? I said to Phil it may be becasue we are in limbo so we are bound to feel unsettled until we are in our rental.

Mmmm not sure but Im glad it all went through well

A xx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I'm excited for you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I bet it is a shock though! Once you're in your swanky rental pad, it'll feel more real. Then you can concentrate on organising your move to Oz and your wedding!

It's SO exciting - honest!!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:06 am
sneaking a peek ...

I'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous. Can I pinch the idea when we're almost there?
course you can

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hiya all

Guess what we completed today, mtge is paid of money in the bank, house no longer ours !!! we are really pleased but..........

not sure why but we dont feel ehhhmm anything really, not sure if we are happy, sad, nervous, excited !! its kind of strange we finally got everything we wanted and we are not jumping from the roof tops. We are having a hard time why we are feeling this ? I said to Phil it may be becasue we are in limbo so we are bound to feel unsettled until we are in our rental.

Mmmm not sure but Im glad it all went through well

A xx
YAY!!! Congratulations!

I can understand you feeling a bit strange about things - you have had the stress of selling and rushing around and trying to get organised and have been concentrating on the house etc - you havent had any time to look forward to what you are going to do next so now you have finished what you hav been working on you feel a bit flat.
did that make sense?! i know what i am trying to say but i am a bit tired

when you get moved into your nice posh rental and start planning the next steps you will start to feel excited!

I know all this because people keep asking me if i am getting excited/nervous etc and my answer is i havent even had time to think about actually moving - i have been far to busy selling the house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.