Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
evening all

lol i was kidding!!
you wouldnt believe the number of people who have told me that i wont be needing a coat - or even a jumper once we get to australia.

S'ok, I knew you were joking!

have fun with the packing! take care of your back - talk to you next week
Evening Tiggs, have you finished your washing?

Hope you've put your jumpers and coats in - no matter what some stupid people say. LOL. I suppose they just see Neighbours and think that's Australia.

Have you caught up with your timescales at all?? Fingers crossed it's all going well.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:10 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening Tiggs, have you finished your washing?

Hope you've put your jumpers and coats in - no matter what some stupid people say. LOL. I suppose they just see Neighbours and think that's Australia.

Have you caught up with your timescales at all?? Fingers crossed it's all going well.
had close friend round for tea - last time we will see her for a while - so havent got much done this evening. had a half a glass of whisky now so not to worried about being behind

half way through washing - this is going to be ongoing until at least friday - unless i can get the kids to walk around naked for a couple of days!! kids summer weight coats are packed (our coats will go in the container when we pack that on monday) not space inthe cases for them anyway and (hopefully!) we wont need them until after the container arrives.

it is amazing what people keep telling me about oz - apparently the cost of living is loads cheaper and did you know the houses are so cheap apparently we wont even need a mortgage
just as well it is me going and not them
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
had close friend round for tea - last time we will see her for a while - so havent got much done this evening. had a half a glass of whisky now so not to worried about being behind

half way through washing - this is going to be ongoing until at least friday - unless i can get the kids to walk around naked for a couple of days!! kids summer weight coats are packed (our coats will go in the container when we pack that on monday) not space inthe cases for them anyway and (hopefully!) we wont need them until after the container arrives.

it is amazing what people keep telling me about oz - apparently the cost of living is loads cheaper and did you know the houses are so cheap apparently we wont even need a mortgage
just as well it is me going and not them :

Glad you had the chance to relax and see your friend. Hope it is a nice memory to see you through a long time.

Just bung the heating up high and let the kids walk around naked!! Do they have school uniform? Make them wear that for the next week and then chuck it in the bin! Those paper boiler suits could be an idea too......

Well, it's a good job you don't believe what people say about Oz. Otherwise you'd be in trouble. An agent told us that the cost of living is very cheap. hmmmm. Good job we knew better, as all my family live out there already.

When is your internet connection going - Friday? You'll have to post a goodbye message for us all - you too Somme!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Glad you had the chance to relax and see your friend. Hope it is a nice memory to see you through a long time.

Just bung the heating up high and let the kids walk around naked!! Do they have school uniform? Make them wear that for the next week and then chuck it in the bin! Those paper boiler suits could be an idea too......

Well, it's a good job you don't believe what people say about Oz. Otherwise you'd be in trouble. An agent told us that the cost of living is very cheap. hmmmm. Good job we knew better, as all my family live out there already.

When is your internet connection going - Friday? You'll have to post a goodbye message for us all - you too Somme!
Goodbye all untill next week, taking lappy so can post from Singapore, so knackered and Diazipam kicking in so goodnight, see you all soon.x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Goodbye all untill next week, taking lappy so can post from Singapore, so knackered and Diazipam kicking in so goodnight, see you all soon.x
Night Somme and good luck if you can't get online until Singapore!

Hope that everything goes well for you and your new life in Oz is everything you have been dreaming of.

Have a lovely nights' diazipam sleep and kick some ass tomorrow!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Night Somme and good luck if you can't get online until Singapore!

Hope that everything goes well for you and your new life in Oz is everything you have been dreaming of.

Have a lovely nights' diazipam sleep and kick some ass tomorrow!!
Thought you were off.....

I came back to waiting while he chats and have nothing else to do as I am not keen on TV and I can't hear it anyhow...

Saw your daughter's foot is better....

Good news....

Lau x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Thought you were off.....

I came back to waiting while he chats and have nothing else to do as I am not keen on TV and I can't hear it anyhow...

Saw your daughter's foot is better....

Good news....

Lau x
Hi lau,

I'm watching heroes on Sky+ and pausing it to post.

Thankfully, the small child's ankle is better.

How's the interview going? Can you judge?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi lau,

I'm watching heroes on Sky+ and pausing it to post.

Thankfully, the small child's ankle is better.

How's the interview going? Can you judge?
Seems to be okay....He is talking...

He has had a bad week and so isn't really in the mind set!

Never mind as I have said what will be.

He is off on Friday working away again comes back on Sun and then is off from Tuesday until 23rd Dec... Nice and peaceful in my house next month

Lau x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:52 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I still needed a sweater the odd time in winter, even in Brisbane. I'm from Canada so if I find it chilly I'm sure you'll need a jumper!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
Seems to be okay....He is talking...

He has had a bad week and so isn't really in the mind set!

Never mind as I have said what will be.

He is off on Friday working away again comes back on Sun and then is off from Tuesday until 23rd Dec... Nice and peaceful in my house next month

Lau x
Hope the interview's over and you've got some idea of how it went!

Not an easy few weeks for you coming up?? I have the opposite problem, my OH hasn't got a contract from Jan onwards and is not sure whether to even bother looking for one as we hope to be off soon. On the other hand, if he doesn't get a contract and we don't sell the house and we don't have a visa, we're stuffed!

Originally Posted by comet555
I still needed a sweater the odd time in winter, even in Brisbane. I'm from Canada so if I find it chilly I'm sure you'll need a jumper!

Evening Comet,

Did you get my email the other night?

Deffo packing jumpers - thanks for backing up our thoughts!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 12:53 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Evening Comet,

Did you get my email the other night?

Deffo packing jumpers - thanks for backing up our thoughts!
I don't think I got any emails. You did send a quick PM though, and I honestly don't remember all of what it said Although I do remember you mentioning your name, and it's a cool name

I was cleaning up my inbox a bit and went a bit crazy. Only to realize that there is no trash bin/deleted folder for the PM's. So will have to be more careful next time!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is special about this house ??

in this street

WE HAVE AN ADDRESS IN OZ!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:18 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Fantastic news! One more thing to off your to do list, and a lot less stress on arrival

When we arrived in Sydney we hadn't even booked a hotel room, we thought we'd just find something!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Great you have an address in Oz, I will speak to you all next week, try not to post too much until I can get back on line.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all!

Fantastic news Tiggs and Graz!! How did you get the photos of your new home? It looks like a nice area. How exciting!

If you need more info on the area send me a PM with the address and I'll check it out in that book of mine. (Not guaranteeing it will be in the book though.)

Have a good day Somme. The chaos will be over soon. Can't wait to hear how it all went next week!

Comet - the email was the photo I took offline. Nothing important. Have you been drinking wine whilst surfing BE again??

Good luck to everyone today. I'm cleaning again, ready for the photographer tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.