Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hi everyone well surveyor has been its just a lenders survey so fingers crossed it will be ok. They said it goes via email so buyers may have their mortgage offer by end of next week so we may be exchanging pretty quick if thats the case
Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Will keep my fingers crossed for you
Beth x x

Me too!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hi everyone well surveyor has been its just a lenders survey so fingers crossed it will be ok. They said it goes via email so buyers may have their mortgage offer by end of next week so we may be exchanging pretty quick if thats the case
Fingers and toes crossed for you

(well, not the toes literally)

Sam
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:30 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's a good price for a HIP - one EA quoted us 0.5 of the sale price. Cheeky blighter!
Good lord, that's ridiculous :curse:

Well two more EAs have been round tonight and I have never heard so many contradictions and so much blah, blah, blah in my life.

Roll on Friday when we can actually make a decision.

I can't see how two EAs in exactly the same area can give a £100k difference on the same bl**dy house.

Anyway off to have a calm soothing G&T (Where's the beer smilie gone?!?)

Janine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:32 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Good lord, that's ridiculous

Well two more EAs have been round tonight and I have never heard so many contradictions and so much blah, blah, blah in my life.

I can't see how two EAs in exactly the same area can give a £100k difference on the same bl**dy house.

Janine

There you go
Beth x x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:38 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

There you go
Beth x x
Thanks I needed that
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, that's ridiculous

I know, they thought saying 1% without the HIP or 1.5% with HIP would confuse us.

Janine
Our valuations were exactly the same - varied by a range of £95K. Is your house a 'one off'? They can't cope with that - there is no conveniant list of previous sale prices of similar houses to compare it to.

There you go
Beth x x
The round's on Beth!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:28 am
aka bunja

Our valuations were exactly the same - varied by a range of £95K. Is your house a 'one off'? They can't cope with that - there is no conveniant list of previous sale prices of similar houses to compare it to.
The house is a one off. There is nothing to compare to. I'm seriously considering selling it myself.

Janine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The house is a one off. There is nothing to compare to. I'm seriously considering selling it myself.

Janine
Ours is a one off too. We had it on Houseladder for a few months. We had lots of viewings and accepted one offer. Unfortnately they pulled out when the market dipped. After that we went back to an agent, but we haven't had many viewings.

We have also looked into auction and may go that route if it doesn't sell by the time we go.

Good luck, hopefully you will find a reasonable price range.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:11 am
aka bunja

Ours is a one off too. We had it on Houseladder for a few months. We had lots of viewings and accepted one offer. Unfortnately they pulled out when the market dipped. After that we went back to an agent, but we haven't had many viewings.

We have also looked into auction and may go that route if it doesn't sell by the time we go.

Good luck, hopefully you will find a reasonable price range.
Gonna have a look at Houseladder tomorrow. It's a minefield isn't it.

Janine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:22 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Janine
Sounds like houseladder might be a good idea. Are you allowed to use that and an EA? What happens if you sell on houseladder, do you have to pay the agent still?
Nicky
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Janine
Total nightmare. We found Houseladder very easy to use BUT they aren't on all the on line property sites, which the EA we are with now is.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Sounds like houseladder might be a good idea. Are you allowed to use that and an EA? What happens if you sell on houseladder, do you have to pay the agent still?
Nicky
It depends on the agent. Our new agent wouldn't let us stay on houseladder, but they would let let us register the interest of everyone who had viewed with houseladder. (So if one of these viewers came back and offered, they wouldn't charge commission) You would have to speak to every individual EA - but I suspect they would not like it one bit.

Just read your old thread Nicky. So sorry to hear what you have been going through. Hope your husband makes a good recovery and you can sell your house and get to Oz for a bit of the good life.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:42 am
aka bunja

Total nightmare. We found Houseladder very easy to use BUT they aren't on all the on line property sites, which the EA we are with now is.
I'm getting a headache already
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm getting a headache already
LOL. Isn't house selling great?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:48 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

It depends on the agent. Our new agent wouldn't let us stay on houseladder, but they would let let us register the interest of everyone who had viewed with houseladder. (So if one of these viewers came back and offered, they wouldn't charge commission) You would have to speak to every individual EA - but I suspect they would not like it one bit.

Just read your old thread Nicky. So sorry to hear what you have been going through. Hope your husband makes a good recovery and you can sell your house and get to Oz for a bit of the good life.
Hi me again on this thread
Things are looking up thanks FA, in fact the missing link now is selling this damn house. It has been one tough year in every sense of the word and I wish now that we had put the house up for sale when we got the visa but decided to wait until Paul had finished treatment so that he would be comfortable whilst going through it. Big mistake I think.
You only need one person to walk through the door and love it, thats what I keep telling myself!

Nicky xx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi me again on this thread
Things are looking up thanks FA, in fact the missing link now is selling this damn house. It has been one tough year in every sense of the word and I wish now that we had put the house up for sale when we got the visa but decided to wait until Paul had finished treatment so that he would be comfortable whilst going through it. Big mistake I think.
You only need one person to walk through the door and love it, thats what I keep telling myself!

Nicky xx
Hi again Nicky,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We would have accepted a lower offer on this house 6 months ago if we'd known what we know now too. At least your husband has had a comfortable time during his treatment. You have been saved the stress of selling and moving during his treatment too.

As you say, you just need one person to love your house and it is game on. After all you have been through, I'm sure you deserve some good luck and hopefully that person will turn up very soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.