Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 27th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Morning all

Raining again

Buyer has now been back in touch and has all sorts of strange questions about who fitted the boiler when we moved in (bought the house brand new, less than 3 years ago) Our solicitor thinks it is all very strange, and as we don't have the information he requires, this will delay things further

Buyer still does not have his mortgage offer

Monsters in law are coming at the weekend

Kids are fighting again

Sam

PS have you noticed the fixed smile?
Old May 27th 2008, 9:30 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Morning all

Raining again

Buyer has now been back in touch and has all sorts of strange questions about who fitted the boiler when we moved in (bought the house brand new, less than 3 years ago) Our solicitor thinks it is all very strange, and as we don't have the information he requires, this will delay things further

Buyer still does not have his mortgage offer

Monsters in law are coming at the weekend

Kids are fighting again

Sam

PS have you noticed the fixed smile?
Nice big smile there Sam!!!!
Hope your buyer isn't going to try to gazunder you :curse:
Raining here too......kids bored already and shouting at each other
No viewers booked and hope I don't get any this week as the girls have made a mess!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 27th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Goodluck to those with viewings and offers, We don't have either, the viewer last week isn't interested but wouldn't say why when the EA pressed her, so I imagine that I was right and while they have been out walking their dog they noticed that it was empty and decided to go and have a nosey:curse:

We had a big advert in the paper on Friday 1/4 page, hope that might generate some viewings but not holding my breath.

On a positive, life is good here, I don't know how I am going to fit in a job with with my social life Shopping Monday, shopping and cake and coffee Tuesday, supper with the girls Tuesday night, coffee and cake today and an early night tonight as I am shattered

We have had some rain yesterday and today, but I think it is a good for the rest of the week, back to putting washing on line

Just remember if you want something badly enough it will happen, it will happen for us and we will all sell soon

Tracy
Old May 27th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
No viewers booked and hope I don't get any this week as the girls have made a mess!!!!
Beth x x
I no longer have any faith in our buyer and I just wish he would be honest and either pull out or put his cards on the table, so to speak.

I can't think of any other reason for coming up with such silly questions, about who fitted the boiler etc, unless all of these questions are just delaying tactics because he can't get his mortgage offer

Seriously dicussed pulling the plug on the whole damn thing last night as I just can't take this anymore, but hanging on by a thread at the moment, already been in tears this morning when the kids were fighting over breakfast

Still got the fixed grin though

Sam
Old May 27th 2008, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sam, I really feel for you. ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Check your boiler instruction book - in or with it should be a certificate of installation. Gives the installers name!!! A photocopy of that should answer the question. It should also be covered by the NHBC 10 year guarantee too. There may also be a sticker on the boiler saying when and who installed it.

Stay positive hun. It's all we can do.

Fingers crossed for your ad Tracy. Our EA didn't put ours in the mag - found out yesterday.:curse::curse:

My house is a tip too Beth - bloomin weather.:curse:

I tried to send Ks to you all, but it won't let me.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Morning happy house sellers

Still unpacking boxes here & trying to motivate the girls into doing their bedrooms - failing miserably with that!

Submitted our visa application & have got virtually all our attachments ready to upload. Usual rumblings from the Ministry of Halfwits, but I live in hope that pennies will start to drop for him soon.

I think probably all will grind to a halt with house viewing this week, but fingers crossed for a good start again after the holidays - at least the kids won't be around to trash the place!
Old May 27th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh Sam, I really feel for you. ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Check your boiler instruction book - in or with it should be a certificate of installation. Gives the installers name!!! A photocopy of that should answer the question. It should also be covered by the NHBC 10 year guarantee too. There may also be a sticker on the boiler saying when and who installed it.

We don't have an instruction book or a certificate of installation, obviously we should have these but have never even thought about it until now, and its now too late to get this sorted with the builders (who WERE crap)
We have had the boiler serviced annually but they have just sent us a certificate of the service and have never asked for a book either.
The NHBC certificate is not the worth the paper it is written on and they refuse to confirm that they check whether a boiler in a brand new property which they have inspected was installed by a Corgi installer.
It turns out that apparently, they only inspect a couple of houses on the building site even though we though that each and every house was checked.

So really don't know what to do now

Sam
Old May 27th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh, I forgot the fixed smile

Sam

Smile or I'll cry today
Old May 27th 2008, 10:55 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Beth x x
Where has that sun gone Beth have you had any more aggro with that neighbour over the kids?

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi all

Goodluck to those with viewings and offers, We don't have either, the viewer last week isn't interested but wouldn't say why when the EA pressed her, so I imagine that I was right and while they have been out walking their dog they noticed that it was empty and decided to go and have a nosey

We had a big advert in the paper on Friday 1/4 page, hope that might generate some viewings but not holding my breath.

On a positive, life is good here, I don't know how I am going to fit in a job with with my social life Shopping Monday, shopping and cake and coffee Tuesday, supper with the girls Tuesday night, coffee and cake today and an early night tonight as I am shattered

We have had some rain yesterday and today, but I think it is a good for the rest of the week, back to putting washing on line

Just remember if you want something badly enough it will happen, it will happen for us and we will all sell soon

Tracy
Glad to hear it is all good Tracy. We will all get there but it is so demoralising isn't it. We have home of the week apparently but have been lied to so much that will wait and see if it happens. You are going to put on weight if you keep eating those cakes

I no longer have any faith in our buyer and I just wish he would be honest and either pull out or put his cards on the table, so to speak.

I can't think of any other reason for coming up with such silly questions, about who fitted the boiler etc, unless all of these questions are just delaying tactics because he can't get his mortgage offer

Seriously dicussed pulling the plug on the whole damn thing last night as I just can't take this anymore, but hanging on by a thread at the moment, already been in tears this morning when the kids were fighting over breakfast

Still got the fixed grin though

Sam
Just rung my husband for you as he is NHBC registered and he also said that it is not worth the paper it is written on :curse:and you should go back to the Builder or maybe the Architect if you know who it is. Get back on to NHBC and builder and find out who did the corgi stuff, they should know. Keep on at them. It is bloody expensive to get houses registered with NHBC so make them work for their money.

Keep your chin up, things will get better

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh Sam, I really feel for you.

Fingers crossed for your ad Tracy. Our EA didn't put ours in the mag - found out yesterday.

My house is a tip too Beth - bloomin weather.

I tried to send Ks to you all, but it won't let me.
My house is a tip too and can't be bothered again

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Morning happy house sellers

Still unpacking boxes here & trying to motivate the girls into doing their bedrooms - failing miserably with that!

Submitted our visa application & have got virtually all our attachments ready to upload. Usual rumblings from the Ministry of Halfwits, but I live in hope that pennies will start to drop for him soon.

I think probably all will grind to a halt with house viewing this week, but fingers crossed for a good start again after the holidays - at least the kids won't be around to trash the place!
Good luck with visa application

Have now got appointments booked for removal people to quote and most are mid June, so will have an idea how much etc. then. Got a quote for dog though £3,500. Can't tell OH that one
Old May 27th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just had offer on house but it is 20k below asking price so have rejected it and now am nervous that they wont up the offer.
Caroline
Old May 27th 2008, 11:17 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just had offer on house but it is 20k below asking price so have rejected it and now am nervous that they wont up the offer.
Caroline
That is good news Caroline and they will probably go up some I would think. Will keep fingers crossed for you xx
Old May 27th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickywes

Just rung my husband for you as he is NHBC registered and he also said that it is not worth the paper it is written on :curse:and you should go back to the Builder or maybe the Architect if you know who it is. Get back on to NHBC and builder and find out who did the corgi stuff, they should know. Keep on at them. It is bloody expensive to get houses registered with NHBC so make them work for their money.

Keep your chin up, things will get better

Hi Nicky

Thanks for calling your hubby, not surprised he says the same

Have just spoken to the builders (one of the biggest in the country), they haven't got much paperwork as the house is nearly 3 years old.
But guess what, the company they used for all of the estate's plumbing installations has gone bust! (They were seriously bad, I burnt myself in the shower, as they forgot to plumb in the cold water, we had loads of problems with leaks etc)

When I asked the girl, she said she was sure that they would have used a Corgi registered installer but as the company no longer exists, they cannot check this for me

I'm kicking myself we did not chase all of this over 2 years ago but to be honest, have never even thought of it. If we have to get the NHBC involved we are looking at at least 4 - 6 months as we have already had to use them last year for something else and they were useless!

So, this little thing looks like it is going to completely scupper our deal:curse:

Sam
Old May 27th 2008, 11:32 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,
Haven't heard any more from the kids arguing thank god
Andrew said a prayer to St Joe this morning before he went to work....LOL.....he's beginning to think anything is worth a go
He must have looked mad just standing, looking at the gravel and chanting words....PMSL
Beth x x
Old May 27th 2008, 11:42 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Well.....that's it!!!!! I have decided to bite the bullet and have just rung the EA.

Really p*ssed off with our situation......can't believe we have a 175 visa that is going to expire soon!!!!!

Soooooooooo..........we have taken the price away from our house .....and have 'offers invited' instead.

Fingers crossed isn't the word now..........if someone views and offers a stupid amount then someone get ready to hold me back!!!!!!!

I've got nothing to lose anymore........just hope we make enough to cover the outstanding mortgage and EA/solicitors fees, even if I walk away with nothing.......I will sell this bloody house!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

Beth x x
Old May 27th 2008, 11:51 pm

Hi Nicky

Thanks for calling your hubby, not surprised he says the same

Have just spoken to the builders (one of the biggest in the country), they haven't got much paperwork as the house is nearly 3 years old.
But guess what, the company they used for all of the estate's plumbing installations has gone bust! (They were seriously bad, I burnt myself in the shower, as they forgot to plumb in the cold water, we had loads of problems with leaks etc)

When I asked the girl, she said she was sure that they would have used a Corgi registered installer but as the company no longer exists, they cannot check this for me

I'm kicking myself we did not chase all of this over 2 years ago but to be honest, have never even thought of it. If we have to get the NHBC involved we are looking at at least 4 - 6 months as we have already had to use them last year for something else and they were useless!

So, this little thing looks like it is going to completely scupper our deal:curse:

Sam
Sam - If the house is under NHBC they would have had to use a corgi registered installer without a doubt. The builders cannot just fob you off like they are, it was their duty to give you the installation stuff. My OH is liable as the Contractor for 6 years from the build. This is where NHBC should come in but if they take so long then the builder has to sort it out for you. Don't leave it, it is down to them. Ask for somebody higher up not just the little receptionist or whoever she was.

Well.....that's it!!!!! I have decided to bite the bullet and have just rung the EA.

Really p*ssed off with our situation......can't believe we have a 175 visa that is going to expire soon!!!!!

Soooooooooo..........we have taken the price away from our house .....and have 'offers invited' instead.

Fingers crossed isn't the word now..........if someone views and offers a stupid amount then someone get ready to hold me back!!!!!!!

I've got nothing to lose anymore........just hope we make enough to cover the outstanding mortgage and EA/solicitors fees, even if I walk away with nothing.......I will sell this bloody house!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

Beth x x
Glad to hear the kids have calmed down, oh and the parents

Oh my goodness, offers invited, can you just imagine what stupid people will offer? I wish you all the luck in the world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.