Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 28th 2008, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Just to say...

It doesn't matter how down I'm feeling, just to pop by here always gives me a smile. You're all so supportive to each other, cracking jokes when things must be really tough for you... thanks all of you, just for being you
Thanks hun - you're just the same. I think we all know how tough it is for each other and try to cheer everyone up. Some days when I'm down, I need the cheering up, but when I'm up I try to return the favour. I'm sure everyone else is the same. God help us if we are all down on the same day!
Old May 28th 2008, 8:57 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

Now you've got something to plan towards.

I hope we will be flying out at a similar time......
I hope so Nic and it would be good if we sell first too

Originally Posted by Gonnago
wahhey Nic that is fantastic - I love spontanaity (even if i cant spell it)
at least you have something to look forward to now.

Fly - sorry to hear about the offer not increasing, fingers well and truly crossed for this other guy.
Fraid to say I am always spontenaous (sp) can't spell it either! I have suddenly got the colly wobbles though and thought, what the hell have I done It will be fine I am sure.

Just to say...

It doesn't matter how down I'm feeling, just to pop by here always gives me a smile. You're all so supportive to each other, cracking jokes when things must be really tough for you... thanks all of you, just for being you
I feel the same about coming on here. I haven't even told my kids yet that I have booked it and I am on here instead telling you.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

wahhey Nic that is fantastic - I love spontanaity (even if i cant spell it)
at least you have something to look forward to now.

Fly - sorry to hear about the offer not increasing, fingers well and truly crossed for this other guy.
Thanks Hayles. I am on tenterhooks again - if the private buyer doesn't come through, at least we have this crap offer and can get out. I have such a bad feeling about the future...

Did you read Somme's posts? she is leaving Adelaide the day you arrive - what bad timing is that??
Old May 28th 2008, 9:18 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6406571]Thanks Hayles. I am on tenterhooks again - if the private buyer doesn't come through, at least we have this crap offer and can get out. I have such a bad feeling about the future...

Things will come right in the end I feel sure. It just gives you that black cloud feeling doesn't it. They say that things are sent to test the strong one's but enough is enough I say

Are you getting excited now Hayles? Not long to go
Old May 28th 2008, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes

Things will come right in the end I feel sure. It just gives you that black cloud feeling doesn't it. They say that things are sent to test the strong one's but enough is enough I say

Yes, enough is enough. Now we need some good luck. I feel like a teenager - I'm going to have a strop if things don't start going well soon.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:37 am

Yes, enough is enough. Now we need some good luck. I feel like a teenager - I'm going to have a strop if things don't start going well soon.
Chuck the toys out of the pram eh?

Tomorrow is another selling day, you never know.

Off to bed ttfn xx
Old May 28th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Somme leaving? oh no - why? is she going back to UK?
Old May 28th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=nickywes;6406600]
Thanks Hayles. I am on tenterhooks again - if the private buyer doesn't come through, at least we have this crap offer and can get out. I have such a bad feeling about the future...

Im as excited as I can be considering it doesnt feel real lol. Im 100% confident about and dont have one iota of doubt, but it still doesnt feel like its happening to me.

one month today wahoooo
Old May 28th 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Somme leaving? oh no - why? is she going back to UK?
No - her hub is doing his electricians licence in Adelaide - they live on the Sunshine Coast. Don't panic!!

Night Nicky.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6406682]

Im as excited as I can be considering it doesnt feel real lol. Im 100% confident about and dont have one iota of doubt, but it still doesnt feel like its happening to me.

one month today wahoooo
One month EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

I'm sure it will all be very smooth. Have you got somewhere to stay when you get there?
Old May 28th 2008, 9:51 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of it is that I can't talk about this stuff with anyone else. No-one really understands how important is is to OH & myself, we really believe it's the best future for us & the kids. Everyone else in my family just thinks we're nuts for even wanting to go, let alone all the struggles we're having.

Checking in with you guys reminds me that we're not the only ones facing an uphill fight to try & make a better life for ourselves.

It occurred to me earlier, that although we sold the property when prices were high & moved into rented, we'll have spent a fair chunk of it on legal fees, so won't be that much better of than you guys by the time we finally get there.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

No - her hub is doing his electricians licence in Adelaide - they live on the Sunshine Coast. Don't panic!!

Night Nicky.
phew was thinking they moved to SA and then leaving *gulp*

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6406704]

One month EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

I'm sure it will all be very smooth. Have you got somewhere to stay when you get there?
sstill got no where to stay - have applied for OAA as we dont want to tie ourselves into a long term rental that we hate and we still have fully settled on areas to stay either - lets just hope we get tehd OAA and its not tooo bad

I think a lot of it is that I can't talk about this stuff with anyone else. No-one really understands how important is is to OH & myself, we really believe it's the best future for us & the kids. Everyone else in my family just thinks we're nuts for even wanting to go, let alone all the struggles we're having.

Checking in with you guys reminds me that we're not the only ones facing an uphill fight to try & make a better life for ourselves.

It occurred to me earlier, that although we sold the property when prices were high & moved into rented, we'll have spent a fair chunk of it on legal fees, so won't be that much better of than you guys by the time we finally get there.
((hugs)) honey, it wil all be worth it in the end, I dont think any of us are going to come out of ths financially better off, but hopefully we will be better off in lifestyle.
Old May 28th 2008, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are all in various stages of madness..... so we recognise yours. The things that are tripping us all up are not what you expect - I think that's what people don't understand. They also happen when you're quite a way through the process and can't turn back....

I don't think you've lost as much as us though... If we accept this offer, it is 40K under the price we paid for the house 4 years ago and we spent 50k on it.... Real money - not just imaginary equity... gulp.

Never mind - Big bro is back on next week.
Old May 28th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the instructions on multi quoting nickywes I hope this works.

Gosh Beth, I hope this works for you. Try not to get too disheartened if people put in insultingly low offers. Remember, it's not a reflection on your house or you, just the state of the market right now & some folks think they might be lucky & snag a bargain. Hope you can stay positive
With even the government saying that they expect house prices to drop at best by 5% or 10% this year, I think that those buyers that are willing to buy now are looking for that 10% off. You can easily go onto websites and see what houses are actually selling for and then there are sites that show how much prices are dropping. Sorry, but that is what seems to be happening. I'm trying to stay calm and collected.

Does anybody know what I have to do with regard letting the mortgage company know about renting it out. Is it right that we don't say that we are emigrating?
You need to have a landlords UK contact address now. Also, some letting agents are asking for proof that you are allowed to let the property, from the mortgage lender. A lot of tenants ask for this too now. Shelters website have a lot of information on there.
Old May 28th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

:Guess what I have just gone and done?

Booked our flights We will leave on 23rd October regardless of whether we sell or not

Was just checking on flights and found a really good deal for business class, so booked them

Pressure is on now but don't care

Really great news Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.