Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 29th 2008, 7:37 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
As you can see, I still haven't started the cleaning

Is that a good wage, I have no idea. Sounds a good package though and with all your flights paid too

I thought you were going to Tasmania or am I a few pages wrong?
Turned the Tas job down a while ago as we couldn't start the job in April as planned BUT we were going to Melly then to live near my sister........then this happens
It's never dull for us!!!!
Job offer is brill for Andrew.......Senior Project Engineer.....he's well chuffed!!!
Beth x x
Old May 29th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks Em.......and my secret pm (you know who you are )
It's not a def offer yet......waiting for work references to be checked etc first.......but Andrew is very tempted to just go for it if he gets the formal job offer
Prob be 'Billy-No-Mates' again though....LOL
Beth x x
Oh beth don't worry about making friends, im sure you will make loads, just go for it hun you can always move and change jobs if it does not work out
Old May 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Turned the Tas job down a while ago as we couldn't start the job in April as planned BUT we were going to Melly then to live near my sister........then this happens
It's never dull for us!!!!
Job offer is brill for Andrew.......Senior Project Engineer.....he's well chuffed!!!
Beth x x
I'll be there I will definitely be Billy no mates as even my girls won't be around. Talking to DS is hard at the best of times, getting blood out of a stone would be easier That leaves OH !! Enough said...........
Old May 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Great news about the job offer Beth! Loads of BE folks on the SC - you won't be billy no mates for long. The package sounds good. I know you can't cover your mortgage but with them paying for flights etc, can you afford to rent out the house (and pay the extra mortgage left over)?? It might work our better than leaving it to sell??? (This is just an idea - don't know the full circumstances obviously)

Fingers crossed for you today Nicky - really hope this is the one.

No news from me... waiting as usual.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:08 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there I will definitely be Billy no mates as even my girls won't be around. Talking to DS is hard at the best of times, getting blood out of a stone would be easier That leaves OH !! Enough said...........
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6r1175w_lM&feature=related
Oh that nearly had me in bloody tears!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old May 29th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6r1175w_lM&feature=related
Was that you singing and playing Nicky?

Good luck with the viewing today what time are they coming?

Beth- great news about the job offer

Just off to the cinema with my littlen. I'm one of the tight mothers who take the popcorn and drinks with me sas or what

Good luck hope we all get loads of viewings this weekend so we can all leave this sinking s*^t hole
Old May 29th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL, he is fighting a losing battle. he should concentrate on winning something else. Sadly both our cats died last year - of old age and I am so glad that I don't have to make that decision. As soon as we get there we have promised DD a kitten.
My australian nieces wanted a hampster, but they don't seem to have those in Oz. Some areas can be anti cat, so be careful where you live if you get a kitten.

Last edited by formula; May 29th 2008 at 9:48 pm.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:54 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina

I did all the vocals and just dubbed it

4pm and we have removals bloke coming at 12. They also haven't started digging the road up yet

Just off to the cinema with my littlen. I'm one of the tight mothers who take the popcorn and drinks with me sas or what

What are you watching? Haven't been to the cinema since I think Titanic

Good luck hope we all get loads of viewings this weekend so we can all leave this sinking s*^t hole
Yaay, here's to all the good people getting out of here

Have now done upstairs and shut all the doors so nobody can mess with it.
On to downstairs
Old May 29th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was a bit of a shock.......as you know we have had trouble deciding on where to settle in Oz already...LOL

Anyway.......job package consists of : pay ($100,000+) + super + company car + laptop + flights (for the 6 of us!!! ) and accommadation on arrival

So quite a good offer.........but will it be good enough to make us change our destination plans from Mel-SC

Beth x x
Wow Beth, thats fantastic news, whatever your OH does, is certainly in demand, the other offers you have had were also very generous (not jealous really, ok just a touch envious!)

I think with a package like that, unless you are absolutely dead set on Melbourne, then I'd grab it, just the flights and accommodation alone is going to save you thousands to begin with.

Does it sound like a good job for Andrew? If so, go for it

Good luck

Sam
Old May 29th 2008, 10:07 pm

Here's another one that is a bit more cheerful

Old May 29th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another one that is a bit more cheerful

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjnvSQuv-H4

Sam
Old May 29th 2008, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina

PMSL - a star amongst us and we didn't know it!

Beth- great news about the job offer

Just off to the cinema with my littlen. I'm one of the tight mothers who take the popcorn and drinks with me sas or what:

I do that too - they charge silly money for the sweets etc!

Any news from the survey - I expect it's early days!

Originally Posted by formula
My australian nieces wanted a hampster, but they don't seem to have those in Oz. Some areas can be anti cat, so be careful where you live if you get a kitten.
I know - we'll have to get a housecat. Although my cousins have loads of cats - but they were all strays who turned up and they are big softies so they fed them - they have 37 acres so no one sees them.

Yaay, here's to all the good people getting out of here :

Have now done upstairs and shut all the doors so nobody can mess with it.
On to downstairs
Good luck with that - my lot always trash something behind my back - or leave the loo seat up - or forget to make their bed etc and I only notice when the viewer is actually in the house.

Well, I am even more p'd off with my EA - if that is possible.:curse: The people who wanted to view yesterday and I put off - the ones who haven't even got their house on the market. EA said she would tell me if Tuesday was booked. I heard nothing - so I called - I need notice for viewings - don't we all. Anyhow, the new girl who is supposed to be looking after us, said they would rebook when their house was actually on the market - being valued next week. Had she bothered to tell me that - NO! Then, she said she was passing us over to another girl as she was really into lettings and the lettings was really taking off now.... Shows what their priorities are doesn't it? We are the most expensive house on their books - they will make more out of us and we are treated like dirt. They have had to shut one office down already. I reckon they are going into lettings big time to avoid going bust... Contract is nearly up.... can't see us staying.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by movers-united
Meridian Moving & Storage Limited and its affiliate companies are a recognised member of the BAR Overseas Group. We are all regularly inspected to make sure that our facilities, vehicles, equipment, staff and operational procedures remain at the highest level and that we continue to meet strict membership criteria and standards. Each member of the BAR Overseas Group is experienced in handling part and full container load consignments worldwide and in taking care of goods coming into the UK from abroad.

More importantly, every BAR Overseas Group member uniquely offers our clients an Advance Payment Guarantee, which means that your overseas move will arrive at your destination even in the event that something happens to the company moving your belongings across the world. The Advance Payment Guarantee is a vital part of any overseas move and is only available from members of the BAR Overseas Group.
Bit random eh?

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Any news from the survey - I expect it's early days!

Good luck with that - my lot always trash something behind my back - or leave the loo seat up - or forget to make their bed etc and I only notice when the viewer is actually in the house.

Nobody in the house except me and dog (shut in the kitchen) and they are not allowed to come back either My lot know when to stay away. When I get stressed they all disappear

Well, I am even more p'd off with my EA - if that is possible.:curse: The people who wanted to view yesterday and I put off - the ones who haven't even got their house on the market. EA said she would tell me if Tuesday was booked. I heard nothing - so I called - I need notice for viewings - don't we all. Anyhow, the new girl who is supposed to be looking after us, said they would rebook when their house was actually on the market - being valued next week. Had she bothered to tell me that - NO! Then, she said she was passing us over to another girl as she was really into lettings and the lettings was really taking off now.... Shows what their priorities are doesn't it? We are the most expensive house on their books - they will make more out of us and we are treated like dirt. They have had to shut one office down already. I reckon they are going into lettings big time to avoid going bust... Contract is nearly up.... can't see us staying.
What is up with them. If they sell your house it gives them loads of commission. Please let your neighbour buy it and then you can tell them to poke it right where the sun doesn't shine
Old May 29th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Oh that nearly had me in bloody tears!!!!!!
Beth x x
Need a hlp just shout we are on the sunshine coast
Old May 30th 2008, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bit random eh?

I know - advertising isn't allowed on the site - do you think we should report it?

What is up with them. If they sell your house it gives them loads of commission. Please let your neighbour buy it and then you can tell them to poke it right where the sun doesn't shine
I am hoping for this to happen.... just can't guarantee it...

Hope your lot stay away all day - although it sounds like they are very wise.

Originally Posted by somme
Need a hlp just shout we are on the sunshine coast
Ahh - hiya Somme, how are you today?

Just been on Adbrits looking into our employment prospects - looks like we might need to spend a few grand on retraining too... I have a postgrad degree in personnel and training but not sure if I still need an Aussie cert to actually get a job??? They sure love their bits of paper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.