Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 5th 2008, 4:21 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
It has bee a beautiful day here today. And I don't just mean the sun.

My kids are coming back.

Got back in contact with a friend I've not heard from in years.

I've had lots of gin.

And I've still got some left.
Morning all,

Looks like you've had a splendid day AND evening

Let's hope today brings some good news (viewings and buyers) and fingers crossed for anyone who has a viewing today!

Miranda xx
Old May 5th 2008, 8:55 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all how the devil are you all?

It is beautiful weather here today and apparently it is going to be good most of the week too. Lets hope the Ea's pull their damn fingers out and get these houses sold.

I am stuck in today doing end of year accounts and I hate it too:curse:

Good luck to everyone for this week of selling
Old May 5th 2008, 9:23 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Morning all,

Looks like you've had a splendid day AND evening

Let's hope today brings some good news (viewings and buyers) and fingers crossed for anyone who has a viewing today!

Miranda xx
Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning all how the devil are you all?

It is beautiful weather here today and apparently it is going to be good most of the week too. Lets hope the Ea's pull their damn fingers out and get these houses sold.

I am stuck in today doing end of year accounts and I hate it too:curse:

Good luck to everyone for this week of selling
Morning everyone.

It's a beautiful day here as well. Just as well as I've got a mound of washing to do now the kids are back.

Let's hope the lovely weather is the start of a good week for all of us.
Old May 5th 2008, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

bah humbug and meh

No news still

bugga
Old May 5th 2008, 10:03 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007
bah humbug and meh

No news still

bugga
Just had National Homebuyers on the phone asking if they could give us a valuation for our house. I said no as they wanted to charge £795 for a valuation initially, they then dropped it to £99. I asked if they only offer 80% of valuation and they said each property differs. Worked it out that even if they offered 90% we would still lose £67,500. What do you think?
Old May 5th 2008, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

:curse:
Old May 5th 2008, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
bah humbug and meh

No news still

bugga
No news from me either.... bah flamin humbug.

Lovely and sunny here now the BH is over. Typical.

Just wasted 2 hours in Tesco trying to get some photos printed. Yesterday I found some old used films in a cupboard I was sorting out. As I drive past Tesco every day and know they have a photo place, I popped in to get them processed. Anyhow, the woman said they would be ready in an hour - no extrra charge. I was the first customer at 8.55am. There were 2 members of staff printing their own photos - no one else leaving films. Anyhow, to fill the time, I did a bit of shopping - which I don't like doing as I don't like to feed the Tesco Monster. I put it in the car. Had a cup of coffee in the cafe and went back for the photos at 10.05. They hadn't done the photos! One of the staff had disappeared and the other said she was going on her break so she would get the Manager! he said the paper had run out in the machine and no one had replaced it, (staff printing their own pics remember...:curse so then he had to stand there and print my films. GRRRRR Talk about bad service. £28 for that!

Anyhow, I will get back to you when I am in a better mood - although I won't be as I have to clear up the house after 3 days of OH and DD making a mess. Bloomin Ebay people are being a pain too. One has won and not paid or been in touch. 1 can't collect until next weekend. 1 has paid but is not responding - which is annoying as they want this dresser delivered and OH could have done it yesterday. 1 wants us to hold onto the table until her floor is laid... You have to remember that all this stuff is piled up in our hall and we have viewings tomorrow and Thursday.:curse:

Well, I am sick of my own moaning now......

Good luck everyone today - kick those EAs up the bum!

Last edited by Fly Away; May 5th 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just had National Homebuyers on the phone asking if they could give us a valuation for our house. I said no as they wanted to charge £795 for a valuation initially, they then dropped it to £99. I asked if they only offer 80% of valuation and they said each property differs. Worked it out that even if they offered 90% we would still lose £67,500. What do you think?
Don't know Nicky... can you waste £99?? We had one of these people quote and they said houses over £500K they only gave 75% OF MARKET VALUE not asking price. Market value is about 10% under asking price. Our house was on the market for £825K and they offered us £635K.

Ring them back and ask how they work out the price. Ask what the market value of the huse is and what they knock off that.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:42 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps , positive feedback today from both viewers , all liked it ... can't progress untill they have serious interest however the "keener" of the two have dropped their price to attract more interest .
Old May 5th 2008, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi peeps , positive feedback today from both viewers , all liked it ... can't progress untill they have serious interest however the "keener" of the two have dropped their price to attract more interest .
Good news!! Fingers crossed that the people interested manage to sell!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:52 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

795 down to 99 ... jeeez

i supose it could 99 quid well spent .... toughy
Old May 5th 2008, 10:53 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good news!! Fingers crossed that the people interested manage to sell!!!
hi N , its a positive start with new EA ... hope it continues for a short time .
Old May 5th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Ouch!! I have some serious sunburn from yesterday didnt realise it was so warm!!

Nicky - I suppose you dont have much to lose by getting a quote from them (well except for £99)
Old May 5th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Icarus
Thats fantastic news Scott, fingers crossed it works out for you.
Old May 5th 2008, 10:55 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Ouch!! I have some serious sunburn from yesterday didnt realise it was so warm!!

Nicky - I suppose you dont have much to lose by getting a quote from them (well except for £99)
caught me out too Hayley , bit red on the front . trying to keep my back out of the sun ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.