Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Tum. Yes I hope we get a fair price too. Any news for you? I would badger the EA - that seems to work.

What a bummer. Sounds like a new EA is a definate must. I hope they can work the same magic on yours.

It is a bit of a downer to have to cut the price but we have asked for offers OVER so he knows this is just the minimum we would take. Apparently he wants to live in it as his wife has fallen in love with it. Just have to see how it goes...

What a bunch of idiots. definately fire them. They don't deserve the commission.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Fly same here
Btw Cadbury World near Brum? We will be not too far from there today visiting a friend - might bump into you
Have a nice choccy day
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:04 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all . well good luck to you guys , Am off out on the beer & i'll see you tomorow !
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Morning
Well viewers came on Wed and as usual I will have to ring EA to get their feedback :curse:
Not heard a blooming thing ( not that I expected to!!! )
Have new EA booked in to come on Tuesday - they are not even from this area but have had 3 or 4 houses in the village for sale recently and all SOLD!!!!! My EA is national and massive in Worcestershire yet can't even scape a few people through our door........................
Fingers crossed yet again
DTP
good luck with the new EA!!! fingers x

ohh, you had the magic 13000

It is a bit of a downer to have to cut the price but we have asked for offers OVER so he knows this is just the minimum we would take. Apparently he wants to live in it as his wife has fallen in love with it. Just have to see how it goes...
'fallen in love' sounds promising!!!!!
toes x
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:22 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Morning
Well viewers came on Wed and as usual I will have to ring EA to get their feedback :curse:
Not heard a blooming thing ( not that I expected to!!! )
Have new EA booked in to come on Tuesday - they are not even from this area but have had 3 or 4 houses in the village for sale recently and all SOLD!!!!! My EA is national and massive in Worcestershire yet can't even scape a few people through our door........................
Fingers crossed yet again
DTP
Hi Dan,

Could probably give a good guess as to the agent you are using, if its AG's then I haven't heard anyone say a good word about them.

Good luck

Lisa
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:01 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've just had a very interesting call! The developer who is interested but can't proceed is very anxious to secure the property now we have reduced the price as he is convinced he will lose it! (Result!) He is going to see his bank manager and is wondering if we would be prepared to exchange in June and complete in October. I said we would consider it for a good offer.

Looks like the price reduction was a good idea!
Good luck with that FA i hope they can follow through with that offer. You deserve it.

Tum I see you are going to cairns so are we maybe see you there (been meaning to write that for ages but my internet has been playing up)

good luck everyone else with the viewings

kaye
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

evening!

just had another viewing
it's our neighbour 4 houses down! we get on with them quite well!
but then again they know all the good and bad things about our house

i think she wouldn't mind since it's so close and with her son being in a close by school. her (new) partner didn't look as convinced?!
they were looking at 6 houses today alone
so only time will tell ...
will have to pop in later and have a little chat

my other viewer with 'the' offer called the EA again.
first the EA said they ARE interested how low are we willing to go - ehm, hello?! - how high is HE willing to go? - by then he hadn't upped his offer - so i told the EA we might go down anotehr 5K but that's it!
so 20 min later another call - the EA again - the buyer upped by 10K which still leaves us 10K short! - i did talk to my OH though and if the buyer adds another 5K he'll have a deal .... let's wait and see ......
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:46 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
evening!

just had another viewing

i think she wouldn't mind since it's so close and with her son being in a close by school. her (new) partner didn't look as convinced?!

first the EA said they ARE interested how low are we willing to go - ehm, hello?! - how high is HE willing to go? - by then he hadn't upped his offer - so i told the EA we might go down anotehr 5K but that's it!
so 20 min later another call - the EA again - the buyer upped by 10K which still leaves us 10K short! - i did talk to my OH though and if the buyer adds another 5K he'll have a deal .... let's wait and see ......
Good luck Mozzy. Let's hope you have SOLD by the end of the weekend.

Looks like you've been nicking all the viewers in Berkshire today then.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:28 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

just to update you, our viewers really liked the house, they said it was the best one they have seen
but, they havent sold yet, so we'll see
bec
Old Apr 12th 2008, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all,

Thanks Fly same here
Btw Cadbury World near Brum? We will be not too far from there today visiting a friend - might bump into you:
Have a nice choccy day::
Yes, that Cadbury World - I didn't see you though. Just got in and I now feel really sick from too much chocolate.

Originally Posted by Icarus
Afternoon all . well good luck to you guys , Am off out on the beer & i'll see you tomorow ! ::
Have a good time - I thought you were off to Grimsby this weekend????

'fallen in love' sounds promising!!!!!
toes x :
I hope so.

Originally Posted by wardy2
Good luck with that FA i hope they can follow through with that offer. You deserve it.

kaye
Thanks Kaye, just have to wait and see. We have another viewing next Saturday, so they could have competition. how's your sale going - any joy???

evening!

just had another viewing :it's our neighbour 4 houses down! we get on with them quite well!
but then again they know all the good and bad things about our house :
they were looking at 6 houses today alone :
will have to pop in later and have a little chat :

first the EA said they ARE interested how low are we willing to go - ehm, hello?! - how high is HE willing to go? - by then he hadn't upped his offer : - so i told the EA we might go down anotehr 5K but that's it!
so 20 min later another call - the EA again - the buyer upped by 10K which still leaves us 10K short! - i did talk to my OH though and if the buyer adds another 5K he'll have a deal .... let's wait and see .....
2 good things there Mozzy!! Hopefully the neighbour will come up trumps too and these people will be forced to compete with them

Originally Posted by egghead4
just to update you, our viewers really liked the house, they said it was the best one they have seen:but, they havent sold yet, so we'll see
bec
Sounds very good Bec. Fingers crossed they come back and you get some more viewings soon.

Well, we have just got in and found a message from the EA - can someone view the property at 10.30am Monday. As we have the same EA for the rental flat and the house, no idea which one they mean.... Good news either way so long as I know which one I have to get clean and tidy!

Have you all had good days? Very quiet on here.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:05 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all,

Thanks Kaye, just have to wait and see. We have another viewing next Saturday, so they could have competition. how's your sale going - any joy??? :
well we have been led to believe things are ok it looks like the paperwork has been checked and verified and the bank is ready to send out surveyor.

Buyers have completed their searches so its really now down to the surveyor and the release of funds,

So hopefuly we can have a quick completion.

I say hopefully
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

well we have been led to believe things are ok it looks like the paperwork has been checked and verified and the bank is ready to send out surveyor.

Buyers have completed their searches so its really now down to the surveyor and the release of funds,

So hopefuly we can have a quick completion.

I say hopefully
Hi Kaye, you're up late. Glad to hear that it seems to have been sorted. If the survey is the last thing, it shouldn't be long before they have a mortgage offer. Must be stressful though. Are you in touch with your buyers? Maybe a chat with them every few days would keep you both on track.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Just popping in to say Hi, there is no keeping up with you lot at the moment, Fly that developer sounds really good, I had a quick look back but probably missed something else, we have no news on the UK house sale, but have a rental at Mount Martha, picking up keys on Tuesday

Alls good so far here, hope you are all OK

Tracy
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:27 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Tum I see you are going to cairns so are we maybe see you there (been meaning to write that for ages but my internet has been playing up)

good luck everyone else with the viewings

kaye
Hey, so you're going to Cairns too. ....have you been there often already? We've been there in 1996, 2000 and last October to validate our visa. Can't wait to go back. Our lives have been on hold too long already.

evening!

just had another viewing

Alrighty then...sounds really promising....fingers crossed for a SOLD sign

Originally Posted by egghead4
just to update you, our viewers really liked the house, they said it was the best one they have seen
but, they havent sold yet, so we'll see
bec
Good luck! Maybe they are the ones

Morning all
Our house has been in the paper last Thursday and our open house (which is included in the package with our new EA) is planned for May 3rd. We have 3 days of work right before, so lots and lots and lots and lots of time to do the cleaning part . Just you wait and see...probably nobody will show up....leaving me in a state of utter despair :curse:...but then again maybe someone will show up and buys our lovely wellkept property
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:30 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Just popping in to say Hi, there is no keeping up with you lot at the moment, Fly that developer sounds really good, I had a quick look back but probably missed something else, we have no news on the UK house sale, but have a rental at Mount Martha, picking up keys on Tuesday

Alls good so far here, hope you are all OK

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

Have you found a nice rental place? Is that Mount Martha near Rosebud btw? I hope you find a buyer for your UK property asap, there must be somebody out there who'll really love the place...fingers crossed
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tum
Hi Tracy,

Have you found a nice rental place? Is that Mount Martha near Rosebud btw? I hope you find a buyer for your UK property asap, there must be somebody out there who'll really love the place...fingers crossed
It is a lovely rental, open plan living down stairs with a study, utility and cloaks, 4 beds upstairs, master with walk in robes and ensuite and a house bathroom. It is brand new and we are the first in, school 2 minutes away and beach about 10 mins. Yes it is Mount Martha near Rosebud, quite a long communte for Jason each day, but he did over an hour in the UK and is prepared to do this to live in the area - it is so beautiful, I am really happy, much happier than the first few days which were really hard.

We were out Wednesday night and I told the kids and Jason if someone offered me one million pounds or a flight home I would go home, but I am much happier and actually felt guilty today for enjoyng myself, we had sunday brunch at St Kilda, is was lovely.

As for the Uk property, I am not as stressed about that, we will just have to send money back each month to pay the mortgage and see how it goes, although I would love to sell it so we can buy land and have one of the fab houses they have here built.

We are in the room obviously at the moment, they are shooting a movie in the square right outside our apartment with Nicholas Cage, it has been amazing watching it. Have a look at our blog as Jason has got some pics, if you click on the photos to enlarge then you can see Mr Cage himself, luckily we have a corner room with lots of windows as Jason and the kids are fighting over the best view.

Tracy
xxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.