Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

PMSL Mozzy! That's the best sort of viewing - you just don't have time to fret too much. Hope they like it and you hear from them soon.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
aaaaaallrighty!!!

17.19 OH asleep on the sofa, kids playing up in the playroom, house a bombsite

17.20 i realise some people snooping around outside (we have a footpath to the back for neighbours backgardens, and a fence at the back to the college)
hmmmmmmm, since they were rather inspecting the field towards the college it didn't click right away

17.22 rrrring rrrring 'hello, this is your EA, i've got a family here in your area at the moment, they would like to pop around and have a look at your house. like in 5 min!'

17.23 shove all the clothes into hiding
17.24 gather dirty dishes together and put into sink - meanwhile OH hides toys in the playroom
17.25 the doorbell rings!!!! - i send OH upstairs to straighten the beds

in come 5 (!) people - asian - they all take their shoes off outside () and well, it gets tight!!!

my son (3.5yrs) takes the tour on and explains everything to them.
'this is the office where my daddy works, and this is the playroom, and this is our backgarden where my mummy works ()'
then i got a chance to take over!!
they actually spend good 15 minutes, checking everything out - especially the kitchen! - talking amongst them - asking questions ...

a good nice viewing

then i left with them to show them the allocated parking space and the garage (in a block) - they were very happy!!

hard to say their relations but maybe 2 brothers with their wives and the mom!

the 'main' viewer (the one who asked all the questions) seemed to be very happy, and even asked my name at the end!
so i did a traditional japanese exit ... with hands together and bow - and got one back

they were very polite thanked me for the short notice and i said 'well, i might see you soon again!'

'very possible' he said and they left

PHEWWWWWW
tell you what , they are the guys with the cash ... some times those viewings are the most fruitful
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

i tell you what - 10min later the EA called me that mr. soandso wants a second viewing with his wife

set up for tomorrow 10am - at least i can tidy up a little bit

but who on earth were all these people today
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:46 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

i tell you what - 10min later the EA called me that mr. soandso wants a second viewing with his wife

you can never tell ..... their ways are different to mine ......... or are my ways just different
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

and re the cash thing: the EA told me that they know that family already. they've bought another house from them 2 years ago

i guess that's a good thing

well icarus, you sure are ... ehm .... different
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT news!!!!. Don't worry, I had a whole chinese family view once - it's the cuture. If a decision is to be made, everyone has to have a say and a nose. I bet one of the couples - maybe the quiet ones are buyig a home and the older brother and Mother like to be invloved. Sort of sweet really.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening all - anyone around? Just drinking a glass of white and trying to chill. Really wound up.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:56 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

aaaaaallrighty!!!

17.19 OH asleep on the sofa, kids playing up in the playroom, house a bombsite

17.20 i realise some people snooping around outside (we have a footpath to the back for neighbours backgardens, and a fence at the back to the college)
hmmmmmmm, since they were rather inspecting the field towards the college it didn't click right away

17.22 rrrring rrrring 'hello, this is your EA, i've got a family here in your area at the moment, they would like to pop around and have a look at your house. like in 5 min!'

17.23 shove all the clothes into hiding
17.24 gather dirty dishes together and put into sink - meanwhile OH hides toys in the playroom
17.25 the doorbell rings!!!! - i send OH upstairs to straighten the beds

in come 5 (!) people - asian - they all take their shoes off outside () and well, it gets tight!!!

my son (3.5yrs) takes the tour on and explains everything to them.
'this is the office where my daddy works, and this is the playroom, and this is our backgarden where my mummy works ()'
then i got a chance to take over!!
they actually spend good 15 minutes, checking everything out - especially the kitchen! - talking amongst them - asking questions ...

a good nice viewing

then i left with them to show them the allocated parking space and the garage (in a block) - they were very happy!!

hard to say their relations but maybe 2 brothers with their wives and the mom!

the 'main' viewer (the one who asked all the questions) seemed to be very happy, and even asked my name at the end!
so i did a traditional japanese exit ... with hands together and bow - and got one back

they were very polite thanked me for the short notice and i said 'well, i might see you soon again!'

'very possible' he said and they left

PHEWWWWWW
Oh my gawd, I could not get this house tidy enough for a viewer in 5 mins. Would be good if they buy it now. Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:56 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening all - anyone around? Just drinking a glass of white and trying to chill. Really wound up.
Hi Nic

How's you, bit fed up?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Hi Fly Away,

Hope the wine helps, I can sympathise with the wound up feelings. I keep getting really angry at nothing, it's all the stress! Should send CPL my wine bill!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:01 am

Just asked my OH what date it is and he said 10th. Oh no thought I, it is our anniversary tomorrow and I haven't got a card. Luckily nor has he so we are going down to get one tomorrow. We don't buy presents for each other but have always got the nicest slushiest cards so for me to forget is really unusual. Must have other things on my mind!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickywes
Just asked my OH what date it is and he said 10th. Oh no thought I, it is our anniversary tomorrow and I haven't got a card. Luckily nor has he so we are going down to get one tomorrow. We don't buy presents for each other but have always got the nicest slushiest cards so for me to forget is really unusual. Must have other things on my mind!!!
So it's not just us that go out for cards together! Happy Anniversary!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh my gawd, I could not get this house tidy enough for a viewer in 5 mins. Would be good if they buy it now. Fingers crossed.
who said it was tidy?!?!?!
we hardly did damage control
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL, same here - although I did clean the downstairs today as DD went back to school. So I might be able to tidy upstairs in a couple of hours... I hope these people buy - they sound keen.

Hi Nic

How's you, bit fed up?
Yes, just fed up with waiting. Stressed about money etc...

Originally Posted by dinky2
Hi Fly Away,

Hope the wine helps, I can sympathise with the wound up feelings. I keep getting really angry at nothing, it's all the stress! Should send CPL my wine bill!
I can identify with that. I was nearly in tears this morning as DD didn't want to go to school and all I wanted to do was take her out and fly off to Oz.

Have you had any joy from countrywide today?? You must keep hassling them.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by dinky2
So it's not just us that go out for cards together! Happy Anniversary!
He actually asked me if while I was down there could I get one from him

who said it was tidy?!?!?!
we hardly did damage control
I reckon those viewings are probably the best one's, when you least expect it. God help me if somebody wanted to come round now the house is a tip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.