Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Morning all,

Just got out of my pit - last day of Easter holiday, so I'll be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Sammy. I hope this guy is a cash buyer and things go through faster than normal.

Originally Posted by nickywes
When will it end. The news this morning was far more positive than of late. There was a fella on there saying that the market is stabilising not crashing and I tend to agree with him. Just unfortunate for us that people are just waiting to see what happens, scared I suppose. I would be too.

I have a good feeling this week though.
Thanks for that Nicky - I wish they would put him on every news program and try and get people's faith back in the housing market.

The pics were great, gave me a laugh anyway! At least my bum isn't quite that big. Hope they cheered you up too Tum!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:38 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Just got out of my pit - last day of Easter holiday, so I'll be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Sammy. I hope this guy is a cash buyer and things go through faster than normal.

Thanks for that Nicky - I wish they would put him on every news program and try and get people's faith back in the housing market.

The pics were great, gave me a laugh anyway! At least my bum isn't quite that big. Hope they cheered you up too Tum!
Ok just to have a laugh, the exchange rate on HIFX this morning is 2.11
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Ok just to have a laugh, the exchange rate on HIFX this morning is 2.11
I know - I saw it!! Can't get too worked up by that yet as we have nothing to transfer.

On a serious note. Beth deleted her account a couple of days ago and I have been in touch via email. They have decided that they couldn't raise enough money to feel secure, taking 4 kids to the otherside of the World as they had to reduce their house to the bare minimum. Beth said she couldn't face the stress. So they are staying put as they are financially secure here. I don't know if they'll validate or not. I've kept quiet for a few days as I didn't know if things would turn around for them. However, it looks like she isn't coming back. I'd like to wish her well and hope that the groundwork she lost blood sweat and tears doing doesn't go to waste.

To Beth.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:52 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks Nicky, the picture of the baby made me smile and the other one was even better. No better way to up your mood then to see a bum bigger than yours Sorry, couldn't give you K cause I've got to spread.

I'm sitting here, with a towel around me and paint in my hair to cover the odd grey hair . Got to keep perky don't we. So only 10 minutes left before I have to hit the shower or my hair will fall out.

Great news Sammy, my fingers are crossed too.

To Beth indeed,

At the moment no news over here. No viewers what so ever. But hubby called the EA and he said our first add (with him that is) will be in the paper this week.

You know guys, if I would win big time in the lottery I would buy all your houses at asking price, wishful thinking that is, but that's how I feel.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:40 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Day 3 of school holidays and I'm already tearing my hair out.:curse: Thank god the grandparents are taking them out for the day on Sunday.

Liked the pictures Nicky. Made me smile.

I had a feeling that Beth may change her mind again. I think if she's got doubts it's not fair to go to the otherside of the world with all the family. It's too much of an upheaval for every one. I hope she's ok.

At least here the sun is shining and I can get some washing out today. Woohoo.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tum
Hi there,

I'm sitting here, with a towel around me and paint in my hair to cover the odd grey hair . Got to keep perky don't we. So only 10 minutes left before I have to hit the shower or my hair will fall out.

Great news Sammy, my fingers are crossed too.

To Beth indeed, :

At the moment no news over here. No viewers what so ever. But hubby called the EA and he said our first add (with him that is) will be in the paper this week.

You know guys, if I would win big time in the lottery I would buy all your houses at asking price, wishful thinking that is, but that's how I feel. :
Morning Tum.

Fingers crossed for your ad to bring in some viewers. I know it's not a nice thought, but will you wait for as long as it takes to get a buyer? The economic predictions here are for a slow down for 2 years. We can't wait that long due to visa restrictions anyway - but would you sit it out now you've validated?

I hope you win the lottery then. Thanks for the thought. I'd do the same if I won. Although you do have to be in it to win it and I don't play often. We are in the Adelaide house lottery though. 1:400000 chance of winning a $1m house.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Morning all,

Day 3 of school holidays and I'm already tearing my hair out.:: Thank god the grandparents are taking them out for the day on Sunday.:

LOL, last day of our hols and I'm sad as I will miss my little princess - even though she makes a mess.
Liked the pictures Nicky. Made me smile.

I had a feeling that Beth may change her mind again. I think if she's got doubts it's not fair to go to the otherside of the world with all the family. It's too much of an upheaval for every one. I hope she's ok.:

I think it's the money which is stopping Beth, not cold feet. They have spent £20K just getting a visa as they had to go to court etc for permission to take her daughter out of the country. They would be losing all the money they have just to get there and then they would have no savings. So they wouldn't have a safety net. Flamin Americans and the credit crunch. GRRR. Lets hope things improve and they can sell for a higher price soon.

Was sunny here - now overcast. Got to go and post 17 parcels of stuff I sold on Ebay! Bet it rains.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:28 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Day 3 of school holidays and I'm already tearing my hair out.:curse: Thank god the grandparents are taking them out for the day on Sunday.

Just being curious, what kind of school holidays? Over here kids have 2 weeks of between April 28th and May 13th. How many days of school holidays left?

I had a feeling that Beth may change her mind again. I think if she's got doubts it's not fair to go to the otherside of the world with all the family. It's too much of an upheaval for every one. I hope she's ok.

I hope she's ok too

Smells great doesn't it, drying the washing outside

Fingers crossed for your ad to bring in some viewers. I know it's not a nice thought, but will you wait for as long as it takes to get a buyer? The economic predictions here are for a slow down for 2 years. We can't wait that long due to visa restrictions anyway - but would you sit it out now you've validated?

We're still waiting for a buyer, we are thinking about taking out some equity our of our house and going, as it's getting harder and harder to keep our spirits up. So.....we'll wait for a month or 2 what our new EA can 'produce' and go from there. I know we're lucky in a way as our visa is valid for 5 years. The market is picking up over here, so ......come on.....we only need ONE! Sitting it out is not an option, one way or another this waiting game is going to end this year. Thanks for asking
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:15 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Tum.

I hope you win the lottery then. Thanks for the thought. I'd do the same if I won. Although you do have to be in it to win it and I don't play often. We are in the Adelaide house lottery though. 1:400000 chance of winning a $1m house.

I think it's the money which is stopping Beth, not cold feet. They have spent £20K just getting a visa as they had to go to court etc for permission to take her daughter out of the country. They would be losing all the money they have just to get there and then they would have no savings. So they wouldn't have a safety net. Flamin Americans and the credit crunch. GRRR. Lets hope things improve and they can sell for a higher price soon.

Was sunny here - now overcast. Got to go and post 17 parcels of stuff I sold on Ebay! Bet it rains.
I know she's been through the mill trying to get her visa. I completely understand how she feels about the money.

At least it's not just affecting the UK. Oz is feeling it too. I believe this current climate has been brought on by the banks. They are feeling the crunch more than the general public and therefore it us that has to pay the price. They are afraid to borrow more money therefore the consumer can't borrow more money. In a way it's a good the the FTB's can't have 125% mortgages etc. Let's hope BoE drops interest rates again in May. Might bring more people out.

I think they key is to be patient and wait it out. Unfortunately for most people that isn't an option. Although our visa is valid for 5 years, we've already had it 1 year and I really don't want to go through the rigmoral of getting an RRV.

Hopefully it won't rain today. I'm taking the kids to the park in a mo.

Originally Posted by tum

We're still waiting for a buyer, we are thinking about taking out some equity our of our house and going, as it's getting harder and harder to keep our spirits up. So.....we'll wait for a month or 2 what our new EA can 'produce' and go from there. I know we're lucky in a way as our visa is valid for 5 years. The market is picking up over here, so ......come on.....we only need ONE! Sitting it out is not an option, one way or another this waiting game is going to end this year. Thanks for asking
Hi Miranda,

Children are on their Spring holidays at the moment. It's all very topsy turvy in the UK for school holidays as Easter was so early. Some schools broke up at Easter. Some, like our school, have broken up two weeks after Easter.

They go back on the 21 April and it can't come soon enough. I'm already fed up of the constant arguments. Apparently there's also going to be a strike on the 24 April (?). The kids school is going to remain open so I assume that most of the teachers at our school belong to a different union.

Have you heard anything about this FA?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:21 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Hi Miranda,

Children are on their Spring holidays at the moment. It's all very topsy turvy in the UK for school holidays as Easter was so early. Some schools broke up at Easter. Some, like our school, have broken up two weeks after Easter.
They go back on the 21 April and it can't come soon enough. I'm already fed up of the constant arguments. Apparently there's also going to be a strike on the 24 April (?). The kids school is going to remain open so I assume that most of the teachers at our school belong to a different union.

Have you heard anything about this FA?
Ah, ok, Spring holidays. It can be hard sometimes getting around those holidays, I only have one kid (Joe who's 6) so not much fighting going on there . My husband works 4 days a week, so he's always home on Monday's, I work 24 hours in 4 days, so pretty much around Joe's school hours and my mum takes/brings him to school on Tuesday's. So even without school holidays there's a schedule to be kept although it's pretty manageable.

You've lost me with the FA part, eh, FA?

Cheers ::
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:32 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by tum
Ah, ok, Spring holidays. It can be hard sometimes getting around those holidays, I only have one kid (Joe who's 6) so not much fighting going on there . My husband works 4 days a week, so he's always home on Monday's, I work 24 hours in 4 days, so pretty much around Joe's school hours and my mum takes/brings him to school on Tuesday's. So even without school holidays there's a schedule to be kept although it's pretty manageable.

You've lost me with the FA part, eh, FA?

Cheers ::
FA = Fly Away, saves me writing the whole name. I was wondering if she had heard about the teachers strike.

I don't work. I'm a stay at home mum. I used to run a pre-school on a voluntary basis when the kids were a lot younger. I have to say that was the hardest I've ever worked in my entire life. I had to give it up after two years as that was the longest you could volunteer for it.

When we get to Oz I'm going to work. Don't know what I'm going to do, but something I can enjoy, hopefully.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:43 pm
tum
destination Cairns

FA = Fly Away, saves me writing the whole name. I was wondering if she had heard about the teachers strike.

I don't work. I'm a stay at home mum. I used to run a pre-school on a voluntary basis when the kids were a lot younger. I have to say that was the hardest I've ever worked in my entire life. I had to give it up after two years as that was the longest you could volunteer for it.

When we get to Oz I'm going to work. Don't know what I'm going to do, but something I can enjoy, hopefully.
FA.....jeeeezz....how can I forget . I don't know, I just read a post saying it was raining jelly, but that's just how my brain feels nowadays like jelly and some connections seem to be faulty...and I really mean most of the time. My mind is just too occupied with other things.

Strange how things go. I used to work full time, then the year before Joe was born I worked 34 hours. Nowadays I work 24 hours and OH 32 hours. Moneywise this works out best for us. Although the OH sometimes asks me if I would want to work full time so he could stay at home, yeah....right .

After moving to Cairns I'm going to stay at home for a while as the OH will start working. Joe has to learn English as well as going to a new school, making friends etc. So I want to give him all the support I can during that time. I know there are some good schools around for adults to do a course/workshop, so maybe I will try that.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:03 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

afternoon all
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:14 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by Icarus
afternoon all
Afternoon S, what've you been up to today?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:18 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Afternoon S, what've you been up to today?
I've been to work , just got in .

you ok ? sad ?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:21 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by Icarus
I've been to work , just got in .

you ok ? sad ?
I'm fine thanks, a lot better after those pics of the lady with the huge bum and babyface. Liked your you tube video though, love AC/DC too btw

Was a bit down with selling house etc. My brother's sold his just after 6 weeks (in a different price range though) I'm happy for him, but selfpity took the better part of me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.