Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Thanks Fly hope you're right
As you can probably tell I'm not exactly 'Green Fingered'!!!! ..........Well except when I've had my hands down a few dunnies
EWWWWWWWw! LOL. I'm not green fingered either, but our lawn is often soggy as we are on a hill. The grass which gets really wet is actually better than where it dryer. I think you just have to avoid walking over it, which pulls the grass out when it is wet. I'm sure someone will know, but it'll be fine.

Any news on your house?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:44 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6168745]Hope the netball was fun and not too cold. BRRR. Sounds like a good night indeed!

Hope you're feeling a bit better again today. Let's try and stay positive.

A lot chirpier now and you should see the house, talk about let it go, Positivity all the way I say. Daughter just got up to go to McDonalds for breakfast!!!

Hi peeps!,
Well this is blooming typical! Re-turfed lawn on Thurs and Fri the last thing to do on the house - looking really good now AND the garden!!!! What happens? Its bucketing down with bloody snow - lawn is waterlogged and I have that horrible feeling that its al going to die :curse: :curse: :curse:
Any gardeners please please give me some good news and assurance that its all in my head!!!!!!
Dtp
Sorry can't be of any help, have no idea a plant from a weed
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
EWWWWWWWw! LOL. I'm not green fingered either, but our lawn is often soggy as we are on a hill. The grass which gets really wet is actually better than where it dryer. I think you just have to avoid walking over it, which pulls the grass out when it is wet. I'm sure someone will know, but it'll be fine.

Any news on your house?
No no news will be ringing other agents tomorrow though. Must be a day for things to go wrong - shower door has fallen off, shower leaking (well has been for ages now driving mrs mad!!!) and toilet keeps slowly running into pan then refilling approx every 15 mins really really loudly
Not too popular in this house at the mo
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:57 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

No no news will be ringing other agents tomorrow though. Must be a day for things to go wrong - shower door has fallen off, shower leaking (well has been for ages now driving mrs mad!!!) and toilet keeps slowly running into pan then refilling approx every 15 mins really really loudly
And you a plumber too. Same in this house, living with a builder!!! What can I say?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes

A lot chirpier now and you should see the house, talk about let it go, Positivity all the way I say. Daughter just got up to go to McDonalds for breakfast!!!
Glad that you're feeling better. Hope your daughter feels better after her Mcds.

Now, let me get this straight, all the things that have gone wrong in the house are to do with the plumbing that you did.... and you wonder why your wife is mad.

I would definately get some more EAs in for their opinion and hopefully get a better deal. You couldn't get much worse an agent could you?? Could you - EEEK, maybe you could!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Glad that you're feeling better. Hope your daughter feels better after her Mcds.

Now, let me get this straight, all the things that have gone wrong in the house are to do with the plumbing that you did.... and you wonder why your wife is mad.

I would definately get some more EAs in for their opinion and hopefully get a better deal. You couldn't get much worse an agent could you?? Could you - EEEK, maybe you could!
well technically ............yes........but things do go wrong its just all at the same time
New EA yes defo be interesting to hear what others have to say ( not if its drop it £100,000
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

last house viewing came to nothing...just an offer 50k less than the reduced price... which even my muppet EA said not to take...

Whats this about the banks stopping giving mortgages?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:07 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon/morning/evening/whatever time it is ... i get all confused!

LOL, it was lovely until 5pm - I even undid my coat. We won't be here much longer, so have to take advantage of what we have on our doorstep. It really is lovely down there and apart from the petrol, a free day out. Fresh air and exercise etc... I think we may be a bit mad too.

I am sure you read our blog entry about meeting Geordie Mandy on the beach at Whitley Bay and building a sandcastle and eating our picnic in the rain

Good idea about the wedding presents - unfortunately those got there first!

at least they got there eventually!

Sorry to hear you have had a lot of moments. Hopefully things will get easier and you will gradually get a new life to replace the old one. I just wish we could get there as I'm sure we would be able to cheer each other up. I hope you and Somme have managed to do that and Gonnago is going to be there soon. (She was on line the other day saying they were trying for number 4 already!!!)

How's the wine going?
It has been great talking to Somme (although i havent seen my phone bill yet ) - talking to someone who you know is feeling the same as you is very theraputic.
Cant wait for you and Gonnago to get here Hurry up with those visas

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Viewing went ok thanks the women wants to bring her hubby back but heard that before. She like the fact that my house backs onto her mum's house so maybe thats a good sign.

Got another this afternoon but the snow has covered my lovely cut grass and the only place it hasn't settled is the the yukie old concrete where the old garage use to be isn't it always the way hehe

Anyone else got any viewings today? if so good luck:

Tina x
excellent ... you have a unique selling point!!!! Fingers crossed she really wants to live next to her mum

you need to use all that snow to build an igloo on the concrete - then noone will be able to see it!!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Fly, just get those flights booked you won't regret it and it will give you some dates to work towards - what will be will be and you never know and all that you have heard before.

It has been a rough week, but to be expected really when you leave family and friends behind - obviously not as strong as I thought I was

leaving friends and family is the hardest thing and you never know how you are going to feel until you actually get on that flight - sending big hugs to help you feel better

We know one of the families who looked at the house, neighbours from where we lived before this house, we assumed they were being nosey, but he has sent a text saying they are doing some sums but asked what our bottom line would be for cash. But the second viewer was really interested too apparently. We have told ex neighbour he needs to do his sums as the second viewer, who he met as the times over lapped also wants the house (bit of an exaggeration) as we don't know for sure, hopefully it won't backfire on us

sounds very promising - fingers crossed!

What do you mean "evening is looking good", I am already in bed with chocolate and a bottle of wine.

Take Care
Tracy
did you enjoy your evening then?!

Originally Posted by eddie007
last house viewing came to nothing...just an offer 50k less than the reduced price... which even my muppet EA said not to take...

Hi Eddie - havent talked to you for ages hows life in OZ?

Tiggs x
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

And you a plumber too. Same in this house, living with a builder!!! What can I say?
Nuff said live with a hairdresser and you should see my roots I'll have to do what I did last time book in at the shop get one of the others to do it then give him the billhaha.

tina x
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well technically ............yes........but things do go wrong its just all at the same time:

It just seems a bit of a coincidence... wasn't that shower leaking before Christmas??? Didn't you put a Christmas tree infront of the mark on the living room wall???

New EA yes defo be interesting to hear what others have to say ( not if its drop it £100,000::
If they price it at around the same mark, then it might be worth dropping the price £10K under as then it is bargain... Hope they give you good news.

Originally Posted by eddie007

Sorry to hear that Eddie. People are really taking the micky with offers as they think they can get a bargain. The market is set to drop further I think - It might be worth your while getting the EA to try and talk the people who offered up a bit and then taking the offer. It would save you money in the long run.

Yes it's true, the banks can borrow less money themselves, so they can offer fewer loans. They have tightened up their lending criteria too. So people can't get such big mortgages.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Afternoon/morning/evening/whatever time it is ... i get all confused!

Well, it's morning here - so I'll say good morning.

It has been great talking to Somme (although i havent seen my phone bill yet) - talking to someone who you know is feeling the same as you is very theraputic.

Glad that you two have been able to help each other. Homsickness / people sickness is a difficult one to deal with.

Cant wait for you and Gonnago to get here Hurry up with those visas :

We're trying! Couldn't you pop down to the DIAC processing centre and have a word for us? We can't wait to get there either. I have the feeling that Gonnago will be there first though.

Tiggs x
Originally Posted by steveandtina
Nuff said live with a hairdresser and you should see my roots: I'll have to do what I did last time book in at the shop get one of the others to do it then give him the bill haha.

tina x::
LOL, it's obviously an occupational hazard then. Have you heard anything from the Mother in the back garden viewers?

Well, I have no news. DD is still on holiday until Wednesday and my house is like a tip. Hoping to get these developers to view next week - should hear tomorrow. If they don't want it. then we'll try and sell it dirt cheap. If that doesn't work, we'll try auction and if that doesn't work, we'll let it out. Told our neighbour we might let it today and he said he'd happily act as a go between for us. Which is good.

Last edited by Fly Away; Apr 6th 2008 at 10:19 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

If they price it at around the same mark, then it might be worth dropping the price £10K under as then it is bargain... Hope they give you good news.

Sorry to hear that Eddie. People are really taking the micky with offers as they think they can get a bargain. The market is set to drop further I think - It might be worth your while getting the EA to try and talk the people who offered up a bit and then taking the offer. It would save you money in the long run.

Yes it's true, the banks can borrow less money themselves, so they can offer fewer loans. They have tightened up their lending criteria too. So people can't get such big mortgages.

LOL, it's obviously an occupational hazard then.LOL Have you heard anything from the Mother in the back garden viewers?

Well, I have no news. DD is still on holiday until wednesday and my house is like a tip. Hoping to get these developers to view next week - should here Tomorrow. If they don't want it. then we'll try and sell it dirt cheap. If that doesn't work, we'll try auction and if that doesn't work, we'll let it out. Told our neighbour we might let it today and he said he'd happily act as a go between for us. Which is good.

Hi Everyone

Not been on for ages, but keep having a peek. Totally peed off - had other agents to view - dropped price from £395,00 to £375,00 - have now dropped to £350K and will put with a new agent at £345K - going to go with Whitegates - has anybody else used them??? Went with local agent who assured me that they had a reputation for dealing with country cottages and houses and people go straight to them for that reason. Other agents valued at £349K and £345K - Dacres advised to put on for £300K and it would sell!!! I feel the first valuations were over - but surely not by 100K!!!!!! Will give it a go with the new agent, they are coming to photograph on Wednesday and should be on with them asap.

Also my teenage son has now decided he doesnt want to come out with us just yet - he moved in with his father and we have had problems but he was coming round and wanted to go back but not his father has filled his head full of big offers and he has decided to stay for a bit -he is 17 and said he will come out after his 18th - wants to spend it here - although its a full year away!! Ttally gutted and peed off with house and everything in general. Off to Centre Parcs at the weekend for a chill out - hope the snow thaws!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:13 pm

Morning all.

Just had EA round, quite frightening at this time of the morning and can't imagine waking up to him each day yukk. Anyway, Paul gave him a right earful and I had to go out of the room cos I was so embarassed. Told him we wanted over exposure now not 3 weeks without even being advertised. EA just said point taken.

Anyways, we have a full page going in with brilliant new photos and new price and different write up. Lets hope it works.

Any news from anyone? Any new viewers or offers?

This is our week and then we will all be off to Oz
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johull
Hi Everyone

Not been on for ages, but keep having a peek. Totally peed off - had other agents to view - dropped price from £395,00 to £375,00 - have now dropped to £350K and will put with a new agent at £345K - going to go with Whitegates - has anybody else used them??? Went with local agent who assured me that they had a reputation for dealing with country cottages and houses and people go straight to them for that reason. Other agents valued at £349K and £345K - Dacres advised to put on for £300K and it would sell!!! I feel the first valuations were over - but surely not by 100K!!!!!! Will give it a go with the new agent, they are coming to photograph on Wednesday and should be on with them asap.

Also my teenage son has now decided he doesnt want to come out with us just yet - he moved in with his father and we have had problems but he was coming round and wanted to go back but not his father has filled his head full of big offers and he has decided to stay for a bit -he is 17 and said he will come out after his 18th - wants to spend it here - although its a full year away!! Ttally gutted and peed off with house and everything in general. Off to Centre Parcs at the weekend for a chill out - hope the snow thaws!!!!
Oh what a nightmare. I hope you sell quickly at the lower price. £100K is a big over pricing on a £400K house. I'd be suspicious too. Of course, you could sell at £100K under as it is ridulously cheap.

Good luck with the new EA - hope this one is better.

Nightmare about your son too. I hope he comes round. Teenagers do change their minds A LOT!!

We are all having really tough times it seems. The only thing we can do is support each other and keep the faith. sending you a big ((hug)) and some Ks for good luck.

Morning all.

Just had EA round, quite frightening at this time of the morning and can't imagine waking up to him each day yukk.

PMSL Nicky

Anyway, Paul gave him a right earful and I had to go out of the room cos I was so embarassed. Told him we wanted over exposure now not 3 weeks without even being advertised. EA just said point taken.

Anyways, we have a full page going in with brilliant new photos and new price and different write up. Lets hope it works.

Any news from anyone? Any new viewers or offers?

This is our week and then we will all be off to Oz::
Let's hope the rocket works and he gets off his backside and does something. Fingers crossed the price drop works and you are on your way to Oz really soon too.

Just off to phone my Saundersfoot EA for an update. Tempted to reduce there too - although we are only breaking even now - will be taking a loss if drop any more.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Oh what a nightmare. I hope you sell quickly at the lower price. £100K is a big over pricing on a £400K house. I'd be suspicious too. Of course, you could sell at £100K under as it is ridulously cheap.

Nightmare about your son too. I hope he comes round. Teenagers do change their minds A LOT!!

We are all having really tough times it seems. The only thing we can do is support each other and keep the faith. sending you a big ((hug)) and some Ks for good luck.

Let's hope the rocket works and he gets off his backside and does something. Fingers crossed the price drop works and you are on your way to Oz really soon too.

Just off to phone my Saundersfoot EA for an update. Tempted to reduce there too - although we are only breaking even now - will be taking a loss if drop any more.
Thanks for the hugs - need them boo hoo!!! Just been on mobile to lovely teenage son - he wanst so stay here to have his 18th with his mates he said and go out with them all - he was 17 a fortnight ago!!! Tried to gently explain that he has only been going round with some of them over the last year -some have got girlfriends and drifted off the radar and the others are stil knocking around, said he will meet other lads, he still is in contact with some from when we lived there before, so will be going round Surfers or Broadceach instead of here!!!

Had a good feeling about the woman from Whitegates - seemed on the ball and keen as. Halifax guy was a bit of a slimeball, looked like David Gest and didnt make eye contact while we spoke and told me price I had paid and as it was a renovation (and I mean FULL renovation) he made some estimate at what he thought we had put into the house and said we would break even and its fair to assume that we wouldin todays market. I said my OH is a builder - he is a project manager - and his job is to do rennos and new builds FOR PROFIT!!! The house is in a fab area and is unreconisable from what it was - he then said their rate was 1.75% I said others were doing 1% and he said no way would they - nice lady in the office called the day after and asked what I thought, said rate was too high and she said they would do 1.5% but it was as low as they could go. Said thanks but no thanks.

Have you heard from your developers??

Market is moving - Husband has sold 2 houses in Leeds for over £300K - why not us!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

LOL, it's obviously an occupational hazard then. Have you heard anything from the Mother in the back garden viewers?

Well, I have no news. DD is still on holiday until Wednesday and my house is like a tip. Hoping to get these developers to view next week - should hear tomorrow. If they don't want it. then we'll try and sell it dirt cheap. If that doesn't work, we'll try auction and if that doesn't work, we'll let it out. Told our neighbour we might let it today and he said he'd happily act as a go between for us. Which is good.
No news on the woman who's mum lives at the back, But the time wasters like the house but to small for them (did they not see the room sizes on the details?- knob heads).
Originally Posted by johull
Hi Everyone

Good luck with the sale I'm sure your 17 year old will come round, my 17 year old changes his mind like the wind

Have to agree put a rocket under EA bum hope the full page works

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.