Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:11 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That's good, (the innundated bit) A big builder went bust here a few weeks back as people have stopped buying new builds.... I think the property market has been worse here for longer.

I see your thinking re the EA. When you break the contract, tell him you are happy to accept offers from anyone he has introduced during his contract and will pay him commission. Might get him to drag some punters in!

It's all so flamin complicated isn't it? Why can't we just MOVE there without this hassle?

Once the ad has been in paper, if we are going to get viewers it will be within a few days so if nobody comes through we will just give notice but at least we will have had some exposure. It is very much using him but give a s**t.
Don't know who else to go with though, having listened to everyone here none of them seem any better.

Are you listening to the news right now? It is about turning away borrowers and no cheap funding because of credit crunch, fanbloodytastic.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:14 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

By the way we got the feedback. Apparently the so called viewer emailed this afternoon that having thought about it, they are worried about taking on a bigger house with the state of the credit crunch etc. Don't believe a word of it because apparently he only spoke to him last night. EA lying I do believe.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Once the ad has been in paper, if we are going to get viewers it will be within a few days so if nobody comes through we will just give notice but at least we will have had some exposure. It is very much using him but give a s**t.
Don't know who else to go with though, having listened to everyone here none of them seem any better.

Are you listening to the news right now? It is about turning away borrowers and no cheap funding because of credit crunch, fanbloodytastic.
No, I have given up watching the TV news. I did hear on the radio that Northern Rock was trying to 'shed' 50% of it's borrowers by putting the rates up. Guess who our rental flat mortgage is with? Yup NR. Guess we will be trying to remortage...

I honestly think we have to hold tight and wait until this crap subsides. Unfortunately, it might be a few years.... hence the whole letting thing.

Friends of ours have had their house on the market for the same length of time as us, price cut to the bone etc... with no luck. They need to sell for financial reasons, but have had NO interest. I feel terrible for them as they need this money otherwise they will go bankrupt.

We lived through Black Monday etc and remember how bad it got, like you do, I just hope this doesn't happen again...
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

By the way we got the feedback. Apparently the so called viewer emailed this afternoon that having thought about it, they are worried about taking on a bigger house with the state of the credit crunch etc. Don't believe a word of it because apparently he only spoke to him last night. EA lying I do believe.
Liar, liar pants on fire!!!:curse::curse:

HMMMMMMM:curse:
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Update on Daunted, she has bought a piece of land and is having a house built on it somewhere outside Perth. Has settled really well and has a good employer, well done to her
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Update on Daunted, she has bought a piece of land and is having a house built on it somewhere outside Perth. Has settled really well and has a good employer, well done to her
Evening Somme - or should I say morning?

I presume Tiggs will be back soon to catch up! I bet she has spent hours just reading through stuff. Don't know how she managed without t'internet for so long!

How are you today??
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:01 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Can't stop but thought I would let you know that our buyer did not turn up and I feel like crying. He now is officially no longer a hunk more like a pratt!

Nicky xx
these people always astonish me - do they know how rude and selfish they are being

Originally Posted by mOZzy
oh, i only just realised that you've moved to adelaide. that's where we'd like to be ... NOW!!! keep it nice and warm for us and save us a place at the bbq - how's the settling in going??
[/COLOR]
hi mozzy
you dont want to be here right now - it is raining
there will be places for you all at the bbq

Well, just had an email from the new agent - apparently, the people are looking at the plans we have before booking a viewing. She has given them copies and will be speaking to them next Tuesday. Let's hope they book to view....

Hiya Mozzy! Yes, Tiggs has set up base camp in Adelaide!
base camp - lol
why do the EAs wait so long to speak to people again? surely the want to be talking to them by friday in the hope of getting a viewing at the weekend?!

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Called agent today to give them a earfull for no feed back on viewers he took it on the chin! Then rung me back later the tell me our 1st buyer who lost their buyer has a new buyer woo hoo and still want to buy ours. But not going to take it off the market till their new buyer has had a survey.

Lets hope this goes better than the last time

Tina x
sounds very positive - fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just phoned my other agent. Was doing a bit of spying and pretended to be a viewer asked them if they had any houses in my area upto my price range and guess what they didn't even mention my house

So phoned the manager and gave him what for. Don't think they will be forgetting my house again he he

Tina x
He he he - nice one!!

I'm all for a price drop in Adelaide - apparently they're faltering a bit due to high interest rates. (Tiggs don't read this!!)
too late i read it
prices have definitely slowed over here - not sure they have dropped yet but then interest rates are still going up so i wouldnt bet against it

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Evening all,
Well apart from the baby making mile high business plan (ace idea- me first!!!) it seems its just another day in EA land.
Bunch of no good smooth talking b******s. I had emailed ours with some extra photos and the question of dropping price. Got a reply 3 days later about photos but ignored the price drop bit???!!!! Hello anyone there??? Now been on the market 6 months and if memory serves me right we have had 4 viewers and one of those came for 2nd viewing. It is so depressing I know exactly how everyone feels - I would be happier if someone might even come through the door once in a while
DTP
DAN!!! how are you mate?!

Evening Somme - or should I say morning?

I presume Tiggs will be back soon to catch up!I bet she has spent hours just reading through stuff. Don't know how she managed without t'internet for so long!

How are you today??
yup here i am ... !!!
have managed to read through from yesterday. I see the EAs are all still w*nkers and the potential buyers are being just as frustrating as ever. Nothing much changes
sending loads of positive vibes and karma to you all!!!

T x

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Apr 2nd 2008 at 2:04 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
hi mozzy
you dont want to be here right now - it is raining
there will be places for you all at the bbq
T x
What bar-b-q. I will place a photo on this board of our bar-b-q (found in the garden) and see who wishes me to cook anything on it...or go near it for that matter!!

me thinks a trip to Barbecues Galore is in order this weekend...try and pick something up in a sale now it has started raining.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:59 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that they didn't even give your house details, do they want to sell?? Idiots the lot of them.

Hi Miranda

Now come to think of it he was real ugly inside and out. And that ginger, middle parting, white socks, shiniest shoes ever EA is a complete p***k.
I feel better now.
YES INDEED, he's gone that middle aged wannebe hunk with his greasy middle parting GOOD RIDDENS Glad you feel better now

Originally Posted by ClaireM
I'm so glad I found this thread - shows I'm not the only one going insane over all of this. I thought getting the visa was stressful, but selling a house? Yuk.
One day I will look back on this and laugh. Clearly not yet though!!!
Hi Claire, I totally agree about the fact that house selling is more stressful than getting the visa (which was a beauty too btw ). But.......you can't say you got it all for free, we all really have to work (toil, yes, I've learnt a new word ) for our move, money and life. So, here's a big pat on the shoulder or hug/cuddle (whatever you prefer) for all of you out there

Originally Posted by graz79
What bar-b-q. I will place a photo on this board of our bar-b-q (found in the garden) and see who wishes me to cook anything on it...or go near it for that matter!!

me thinks a trip to Barbecues Galore is in order this weekend...try and pick something up in a sale now it has started raining.
Mmhhhh are you going to cook us all something nice then? I'd like some prawns in garlic and an nice salad on the side please . Good hunting for BBQ this weekend Graz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by tum
YES INDEED, he's gone that middle aged wannebe hunk with his greasy middle parting GOOD RIDDENS Glad you feel better now

Hi Claire, I totally agree about the fact that house selling is more stressful than getting the visa (which was a beauty too btw ). But.......you can't say you got it all for free, we all really have to work (toil, yes, I've learnt a new word ) for our move, money and life. So, here's a big pat on the shoulder or hug/cuddle (whatever you prefer) for all of you out there

Mmhhhh are you going to cook us all something nice then? I'd like some prawns in garlic and an nice salad on the side please . Good hunting for BBQ this weekend Graz

Morning Graz and tum. Up and off out early this morning for Woburn Safari Park woopee!

Woken in a much better frame of mind this morning and I looked out the window and thought what a wonderful grey overcast day, how nice it will be watching the animals in this weather Things are not so bad, as long as you all have health and kids are all ok that is what matters.

Why is it so hard to move on to a different life, first the visa, then the house selling, what next.

Hope you have a great day too.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

I was woken from a lovely sleep this morning at 8.30am by a phone call, (NOT from the EA) GRRRR. So here I am with a cup of coffee on BE.

base camp - lol
why do the EAs wait so long to speak to people again? surely the want to be talking to them by friday in the hope of getting a viewing at the weekend?!

We have taken another tack with our house and are trying to sell it as a potential development. It could be demolished, (SOB) and a housing estate built in it's place or extended and converted into flats etc. So our new EA is liasing with a couple of developers to try and get them interested. We have 2 Planning permissions granted already - for a triple, 2 storey garage and a side extension. Plus a house round the corner has permission to be demolished and replaced with flats and our house had plans granted in 1989 for a block of flats in the garden. So the developers have been provided with copies of the plans.... Hopefully they will see that a good profit can be made.... It's something we were dead against until recntly, but now we are desperate. It will take the devlopers a while to check things out and do calculations.

too late i read it SORRY!!!
prices have definitely slowed over here - not sure they have dropped yet but then interest rates are still going up so i wouldnt bet against it

I read on AB that some areas were faltering but others were still increasing. Fingers crossed that it just stabilises - that's all that everyone needs!

DAN!!! how are you mate?!

Gonnago frightened him off for a while, but he's back now!
yup here i am ... !!!
have managed to read through from yesterday. I see the EAs are all still w*nkers and the potential buyers are being just as frustrating as ever. Nothing much changes
sending loads of positive vibes and karma to you all!!!

T x
Thanks hun, no, nothing changes.......

What bar-b-q. I will place a photo on this board of our bar-b-q (found in the garden) and see who wishes me to cook anything on it...or go near it for that matter!!::

PMSL. I would have thought you would have an all singing all dancing gas bbq the size of a small country - I thought they were compulsorary!

Good news that it's raining - It's been very dry hasn't it?

Originally Posted by tum

PMSL!:

Morning M. What's the weather like in Holland today? Lovely here in Wales but a bit windy!

We definately have to work for our new life. If I had known what a stressful thing it was going to be, I might have thought twice about it.... Sending a big hug back to you ((((())))))

Morning Graz and tum. Up and off out early this morning for Woburn Safari Park woopee!

Woken in a much better frame of mind this morning and I looked out the window and thought what a wonderful grey overcast day, how nice it will be watching the animals in this weather Things are not so bad, as long as you all have health and kids are all ok that is what matters.

Why is it so hard to move on to a different life, first the visa, then the house selling, what next.

Hope you have a great day too.

Nicky xx

Have a good day Nicky - glad to hear that you are feeling better. Bloomin house selling tends to make you forget about the important things in life. Onwards and upwards! Big hug for you too ((((()))))
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:08 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

I was woken from a lovely sleep this morning at 8.30am by a phone call, (NOT from the EA) GRRRR. So here I am with a cup of coffee on BE.

Thanks hun, no, nothing changes.......

PMSL. I would have thought you would have an all singing all dancing gas bbq the size of a small country - I thought they were compulsorary!

Good news that it's raining - It's been very dry hasn't it?

give us a chance ... we have been in the house less than a month
morning FA
i can imagine how hard it must be for you to be thinking of selling to a developer. Keep your chin up - it will all come right in the end

A x
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morning FA
i can imagine how hard it must be for you to be thinking of selling to a developer. Keep your chin up - it will all come right in the end

A x
Thanks. It is very hard as this house should be listed really and we bought it because it was old and unique...spent a fortune on it. It goes against the grain to do something like this. We are still hoping it will sell to a family. There is also the distinct possibility that it won't sell at all. In which case, we'll rent it out and maybe apply for development permission ourselves while it's tenanted. Of course, this would be long distance... not to be recommended.

I just hope it will come good... why did we ever have this stupid idea???

Hope you get a BBQ in the sale. You could have ours as we had such a bad summer last year, we didn't use it once!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

FA i've got everything crossed for you that you get the right amount - however it will happen

Tiggs no bbq - apparently that's the first thing everyone buys
and a nice apron for the men
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

our very keen EA just rang again and i've told him despite him thinking we need to drop by 20K we'll try 10K for now ..
he didn't even let me finish properly and asked if it was ok with us to send his manager around and have another look. - reason being he just wants a 2nd opinion if he was so far off the price! (apparently the manager has far more experience )

i thought that was a rather encouraging move so we'll wait till monday with any changes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.