Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
No news here. I've got the EA coming round at 1.30pm to do a "review". Don't know what he wants to review, everything is the same as when he came last time.

Maybe we'll all get some viewers for the weekend.:
Good luck with the review. You know, the phone just rang and I hoped it wasn't a viewing because the house is a tip. That was naughty wasn't it?? It wasn't a viewing - just my OH nagging me.

Originally Posted by nickywes
We won't get any viewers this weekend because not in the paper again and even when we do the EA has to give us a weeks notice for some reason.

Do I care though..........NO
No housework or worrying if they are going to buy it. Might be a good strategy.:

Nic xx
You sound like you have got to the stage I am at - my house looks like a bombs gone off and I don't care! DD is back at school next week, then I'll clean!

Originally Posted by mindblower
Bahhh yesterdays viewer said house was spot on except one bedroom was too small -ffs

Deep sigh..
You have my sympathies. Viewers are SO picky because they can be. Sigh indeed.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
This morning/evening thing confuses me all the time ... and it has got worse over the last couple of weeks with the clocks all going in different directions at different time :

I keep ABrits on Adelaide time so I can check easily - makes life simpler.

Schools were one of my big worries too - but for us that has worked out really well. the only issue we have had is that youngest was in full time nursery in uk but wont start kindy here until july so i have been doing lots of playgroups and childrens get togthers for him instead.

Glad that it worked out well. I'm planning on keeping mine out of school until the Jan as she will have finished yr3 and will start yr4 in Oz. So that should give us plenty of time to find a rental with a good school... fingers crossed etc as I know rentals are hard to come by...

We have been sort of the other way on for weddings ... we were expecting to still be in the uk until about now (Graz getting the job offer got us over here so much earlier) and two of our best friends were getting married at the start of march .... i cried lots when i got the text saying they missed us being there

It's horrible isn't it? I have had most of my family living abroad for most of my life and I am used to it, but at times like these it is difficult.
Dont think i told you either that my sister announced a couple of weeks ago that she is getting married so spent lots of time today looking at the prices of flights back to the uk really really dont want to miss the wedding ... but no idea where i am going to find the money to go back
Have tried to persuade her to get married over here but she is not having it p

x
Good news Is her OH on her visa???? Hope so! Again, this is the hard bit - if you don't have the money or the time to go back. I have missed every wedding / funeral etc in the last 20 years - although I have visited and they have been here. It's hard though. Fingers crossed that something comes up - would you consider going back on your own???? When is the wedding? Could you get a temp job after July and save a bit? Why is life so complicated?

Originally Posted by suart
good luck with the viewing, you never know fingers crossed

Hi Suart - haven't seen you for ages. Hope everything is OK.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:20 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
We won't get any viewers this weekend because not in the paper again and even when we do the EA has to give us a weeks notice for some reason.

Do I care though..........NO
No housework or worrying if they are going to buy it. Might be a good strategy.

Nic xx
Good on you, Nicky. Wished I didn't care.

Originally Posted by mindblower
Bahhh yesterdays viewer said house was spot on except one bedroom was too small -ffs

Deep sigh..

What do these people want, blood. Oh yeah, I forgot - they do.

well sorry guys but for some reason it won't let me multi quote today, click on the button buy just stays blue

well I haven't been on for ages but have just read all the pages i need to, so i could keep up with you all.
Good luck IC withe the viewers
Glad you had a good day with the kids, it nice to forget about it all
Beth feel for you hunny, hope you sell before you have to validate.
sorry if I forgot anyone, my head really cannot concentrate with all this going on at the min.
Go Ape what a fab place that is, just hope you like hights

Right I need some advice on what to do and I know you lot will not let me down.
We had an offer on the 6th March, accepted it once we had come to a price agreement. The buyers mortgage company were dropping the interest rates in the next weeks and asked if we would wait, thats all been sorted and they have a better deal. They have told me 2 weeks ago that they have payed for the surveyor to come out but we r still awaiting a date. I have spoken to the EA about 6 times in the 2 weeks to see if they can find out what is going on, I don't want to loose the buyers but at the same time need to know whats going on. Oh has told the EA today that if we haven't got a date by next week then we r going to pull out, what would you do?

emma
Hi Emma,

I would keep hold of your buyers, you never know when the next one will come along.

Have you still got it on the market? If you haven't ask the EAs to remarket it but keep your buyers on. If the buyers can't accept that, then tough for them.

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good luck with the review. You know, the phone just rang and I hoped it wasn't a viewing because the house is a tip. That was naughty wasn't it?? It wasn't a viewing - just my OH nagging me.
Well, at least it wasn't a viewing.

My EA reckons we should drop the price. We've had 5 viewings since been on (about 4 weeks). I don't know though. We might go on with another EA as well and it's winner takes all.

Shall be having a long chat with OH later.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma,

I would keep hold of your buyers, you never know when the next one will come along.

Have you still got it on the market? If you haven't ask the EAs to remarket it but keep your buyers on. If the buyers can't accept that, then tough for them.

I agree - also ask your EA to give your buyers your telephone number and ask them to call you. Maybe a chat with them direct will put your mind at rest. Hopefully it is just the mortgage co being slow.

Well, at least it wasn't a viewing.

I know - but I shouldn't be glad should I???:

My EA reckons we should drop the price. We've had 5 viewings since been on (about 4 weeks). I don't know though. We might go on with another EA as well and it's winner takes all.

Shall be having a long chat with OH later.
I did wonder if they would say that. Check out your competition and see if you are competively priced. Then you can make a decision. Good luck. It's desperate isn't it?

Well, I've just read that there is a possibility that enough visas have been issued and no more will be granted until July. AGHHHHHHH That will mean we have been in the application process for 18months!! I'm gutted...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

suart i do agree! keep the buyer but put the house back on the market and keep your options open. OR they could give you a deposit which you can keep should they opt out of the sale

yes, the expensive flights back are a big put off
but i've moved abroad once already so i hardly see my family anyways.
i think in the 6.5 years i am here in the uk i've seen my mum 3 times and my sister twice and the rest once for our wedding

and it's only a 2.5 hour flight!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

I did wonder if they would say that. Check out your competition and see if you are competively priced. Then you can make a decision. Good luck. It's desperate isn't it?

Well, I've just read that there is a possibility that enough visas have been issued and no more will be granted until July. AGHHHHHHH That will mean we have been in the application process for 18months!! I'm gutted...

i think that's only certain visas like parents and therelike - apparently skilled ones they have increased by 6000!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i think that's only certain visas like parents and therelike - apparently skilled ones they have increased by 6000!!!
I thought that too - but 2 people were told by their agents yesterday that skilled visas inc the 6000 are used up.... I hope it isn't true.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:48 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

well sorry guys but for some reason it won't let me multi quote today, click on the button buy just stays blue

well I haven't been on for ages but have just read all the pages i need to, so i could keep up with you all.
Good luck IC withe the viewers
Glad you had a good day with the kids, it nice to forget about it all
Beth feel for you hunny, hope you sell before you have to validate.
sorry if I forgot anyone, my head really cannot concentrate with all this going on at the min.
Go Ape what a fab place that is, just hope you like hights

Right I need some advice on what to do and I know you lot will not let me down.
We had an offer on the 6th March, accepted it once we had come to a price agreement. The buyers mortgage company were dropping the interest rates in the next weeks and asked if we would wait, thats all been sorted and they have a better deal. They have told me 2 weeks ago that they have payed for the surveyor to come out but we r still awaiting a date. I have spoken to the EA about 6 times in the 2 weeks to see if they can find out what is going on, I don't want to loose the buyers but at the same time need to know whats going on. Oh has told the EA today that if we haven't got a date by next week then we r going to pull out, what would you do?

emma
Hi Emma , i think i would try not to loose buyers , i know its weeks wherethings havn't moved but it could be months waiting for a new buyer .

Thanks for the good luck , they will be here soon but don't have much faith in them
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

I thought that too - but 2 people were told by their agents yesterday that skilled visas inc the 6000 are used up.... I hope it isn't true.

well, the 6000 have only just been announced - and i can't see how they could have granted them. or have any of you seen 6000 visas
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:50 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the good lucks from you guys too ,

cheers
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mOZzy

well, the 6000 have only just been announced - and i can't see how they could have granted them. or have any of you seen 6000 visas
I posted a thread asking if it was true, now just have to wait and see if Alan or George etc answer the question.... If it is true, I would rather know now, than later....
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Morning
Come on Tina.......show us your multi-quoting skills love!!!!
Beth x x
Sorry been out doing ladies who lunch but with kids tagging along.

LOL, I'm the same as you - I need to be in control. Other people drive me mad! That's why I am looking at renting - puts us back in control of the situation. May have one go at auction in the summer before we go... To be honest, just closing the house up and waiting it out, might be an option too. We have found a caretaker who could come in and check the roof etc. Might be an option for a year - but no longer as we would use all our savings on the mortgage.

Just hoping against hope that we can sell to one of the developers the EA is talking about...

Come on Tina!
Woo hoo look at me I'm having a multi
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:07 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

That's the thing, we are competitive.

The house that's round the corner was on the market for £369,950 and has just gone "sale agreed" for £360,000. Ours is on the market at £374,950.

The one round the corner apparently needs quite a lot of work but it does already have planning permission for a side 2 storey extension which would make it 4 bedrooms. It is not possible to add any more to our house, we've done all that can be done to it.

The one round the corner is also on a main road (which does get busy at peak times).

I'm thinking maybe drop the price a little, see how it goes for a couple of weeks and if no joy get another agent on it, but not get rid of the existing agent. I just don't know what the best thing to do.

Nightmare about the visas, if it is true. Let's hope that it is just that, rumours.

Although having said that if it is true, the people who will be still waiting from this year will have priority. So if you're thinking that you wouldn't get your visa till May, a couple of extra months isn't too bad.

I hope it's not true for everyone who is still waiting. I remember very well what that is like.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:07 am
aka bunja

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Woo hoo look at me I'm having a multi
YAY. Well done.

You can multi all night now.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Sorry about the bad news on the visa's everyone waiting, but look it could be good news for some of you anyway-- longer to sell the house's, it might just be a blessing in disuse.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveandtina

Woo hoo look at me I'm having a multi::
Well done - now have a post multi post fag.

That's the thing, we are competitive.

The house that's round the corner was on the market for £369,950 and has just gone "sale agreed" for £360,000. Ours is on the market at £374,950.

The one round the corner apparently needs quite a lot of work but it does already have planning permission for a side 2 storey extension which would make it 4 bedrooms. It is not possible to add any more to our house, we've done all that can be done to it.

The one round the corner is also on a main road (which does get busy at peak times).

I'm thinking maybe drop the price a little, see how it goes for a couple of weeks and if no joy get another agent on it, but not get rid of the existing agent. I just don't know what the best thing to do.

Nightmare about the visas, if it is true. Let's hope that it is just that, rumours.

Although having said that if it is true, the people who will be still waiting from this year will have priority. So if you're thinking that you wouldn't get your visa till May, a couple of extra months isn't too bad.

I hope it's not true for everyone who is still waiting. I remember very well what that is like.
Sounds like you can't reduce much anyway. I wonder why the EA has suggested it - unless he is scared that the market is falling???? Hope you and the OH can come up with a plan.

I really hope this visa stuff isn't true. I dismissed it as rubbish yesterday but 2 people say their agent told them about it. Polly says it can't be true... Just couldn't cope with another delay. It's the nagging doubt at the back of your mind that you won't get the visa and will have totally trashed your life..

Sorry about the bad news on the visa's everyone waiting, but look it could be good news for some of you anyway-- longer to sell the house's, it might just be a blessing in disuse.
That's true, it's just the uncertainty which is the problem....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.