Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:59 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds like you can't reduce much anyway. I wonder why the EA has suggested it - unless he is scared that the market is falling???? Hope you and the OH can come up with a plan.

I really hope this visa stuff isn't true. I dismissed it as rubbish yesterday but 2 people say their agent told them about it. Polly says it can't be true... Just couldn't cope with another delay. It's the nagging doubt at the back of your mind that you won't get the visa and will have totally trashed your life..

That's true, it's just the uncertainty which is the problem....
I don't know why the EA is suggesting we reduce. The OH thinks it's because we've on the market for the length of our contract and he wants to shift it off his books. I wonder if this could be true.

We're thinking that maybe we'll ring another EA tomorrow and see if they'll agree to be joint agents at the same price as the original EA.

I really hope that this visa stuff isn't true for you, FA. You really don't need any extra cr*p at the moment.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
I don't know why the EA is suggesting we reduce. The OH thinks it's because we've on the market for the length of our contract and he wants to shift it off his books. I wonder if this could be true.

We're thinking that maybe we'll ring another EA tomorrow and see if they'll agree to be joint agents at the same price as the original EA.

I really hope that this visa stuff isn't true for you, FA. You really don't need any extra cr*p at the moment.
Your Oh could be right. Don't blame you for getting some more EAs in - if nothing else, they will be able to tell you if the house is correctly priced. Fingers crossed you can get a multiagency.

I hope this stuff isn't true either! Somebody said it could be a sicko spreading the rumour to worry us!!

See you in the bar!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

did i hear BAR ?!?!?!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Our EA has suggested having a 'open house' anyone tried this?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:43 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

firstly, whats with all the bloody multi quoting, i cant keep up - show offs
I've only just worked out how to send karma
well, I thought i would join you bunch of moaners and ask your advice

i am starting to get a little concerned about money, is anyone else wondering what the hell they are going to do if they reduce the price of their house so much that they are left with a small fund?
bec
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
did i hear BAR ?!?!?!
LOLO the whinging pom bar thread - don't get too excited.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
No - but it sounds like a good idea.

Originally Posted by egghead4

i am starting to get a little concerned about money, is anyone else wondering what the hell they are going to do if they reduce the price of their house so much that they are left with a small fund?
bec

LOL, Hi Bec,

We are worried too - we don't think we will sell our house and the rent will only cover half the mortgage. Plus our savings are offsetting against the mortgage - so the more we spend, the higher our mortgage goes...

Having said that, we will go and try for as long as we can...

It is a really horrible situation, reducing and reducing... I suppose a way round it, is to try and get a job before you leave and have cash flow from the beginning..
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Your Oh could be right. Don't blame you for getting some more EAs in - if nothing else, they will be able to tell you if the house is correctly priced. Fingers crossed you can get a multiagency.

I hope this stuff isn't true either! Somebody said it could be a sicko spreading the rumour to worry us!!

See you in the bar!
Originally we had 6 valuations in for our house. Because it's been made so different inside compared to other houses of this construction, it was hard to put a value on it.

This EA and another came back with valuations exactly the same (we had one that was £90k lower)

Already put feelers out for multi agency. This EA said he's happy for us to do that at original fee, so we'll see if the other one is happy too. Don't see why not.

Got the drinks in yet.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
did i hear BAR ?!?!?!
Whinging Pom Bar, i'ts great. Really good prices.

This is really popular in Oz, so I can't see why this shouldn't happen more in the UK. I think it's a great idea.

bec
Money, money, money. That's all I seem to worry about these days. It's a wonder I can sleep at night.

Actually been having some really weird dreams at the moment, but I expect that's all part of the stress.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:42 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suart
Right I need some advice on what to do and I know you lot will not let me down.
We had an offer on the 6th March, accepted it once we had come to a price agreement. The buyers mortgage company were dropping the interest rates in the next weeks and asked if we would wait, thats all been sorted and they have a better deal. They have told me 2 weeks ago that they have payed for the surveyor to come out but we r still awaiting a date. I have spoken to the EA about 6 times in the 2 weeks to see if they can find out what is going on, I don't want to loose the buyers but at the same time need to know whats going on. Oh has told the EA today that if we haven't got a date by next week then we r going to pull out, what would you do?

emma
i would avoid the 'pull out' option - you might as well hang onto any potential buyers ... but i would be telling them that if the survey isnt done in the next week (they only usually take a day or two to arrange) then you are going to put the house back on the market. Sounds to me like they are playing for time which IMO usually means they have a problem

Good luck with the review. You know, the phone just rang and I hoped it wasn't a viewing because the house is a tip. That was naughty wasn't it?? It wasn't a viewing - just my OH nagging me.

you shouldn't be thinking things like that!! Positive vibes required

You sound like you have got to the stage I am at - my house looks like a bombs gone off and I don't care! DD is back at school next week, then I'll clean!

You have my sympathies. Viewers are SO picky because they can be. Sigh indeed.

Good news Is her OH on her visa???? Hope so! Again, this is the hard bit - if you don't have the money or the time to go back. I have missed every wedding / funeral etc in the last 20 years - although I have visited and they have been here. It's hard though. Fingers crossed that something comes up - would you consider going back on your own???? When is the wedding? Could you get a temp job after July and save a bit? Why is life so complicated?
Wedding date set for August ... so no time to save They are looking at a student visa for her OH to start off with - he has been thinking about a change of career for a bit anyway. Then the can apply for a spouse visa when they fulfill the time together criteria.

I guess i hadnt really come to terms with the missing the family stuff - part of the irony of course is that we havent been to a wedding for several years and now we have left the uk four lots of friends/family have announced wedding dates maybe they were waiting for us to leave

bec
we worked out our future finances several times using different amounts of money in the bank - it meant we had a worst case scenario and we knew at what point we wouldnt be able to manage. It was quite depressing to do but on the other hand it took a lot of the worry (at least financially) out of the move. My advice? always have a back up plan and dont forget to backup your backup plan

T x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

Wedding date set for August ... so no time to save They are looking at a student visa for her OH to start off with - he has been thinking about a change of career for a bit anyway. Then the can apply for a spouse visa when they fulfill the time together criteria.

I guess i hadnt really come to terms with the missing the family stuff - part of the irony of course is that we havent been to a wedding for several years and now we have left the uk four lots of friends/family have announced wedding dates maybe they were waiting for us to leave

T x
Evening / Morning Tiggs,

Have you seen what your soppy Oh has written about you on the 'How did you meet your OH' thread. Awwww

What a nightmare that the wedding is so soon. So you don't have time to save. Would it be possible for your sister and her husband to spend their honeymoon with you? You could maybe have a little blessing ceremony for them? It's typical that all your friends decided to have weddings now. I wonder if your leaving changed the staus quo and made them want to stabilise what they do have? (Gosh, that was deep!)

Fingers crossed that you are invited to lots of wedding in Oz. Wasn't Amanda due to get married next year????

BTW, I keep looking for your update or blog. I am dying to hear all about it all!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Just a quick Hi To you all, hope everyone OK, any news, Can't read all the way back as the dial up is far too expensive and i am so tired I am struggling to type this let alone read.

Anyhow we are here, been an OK day weather wise, 3/4 pants and tops, when sun out was warm. Have been food shopping but that is about it, we are all just too tired, but know we need to stay awake.

BUT get this, we flew Thursday afternoon, and within minutes of our leaving my dad had 2 calls from the EA, we have 2 Viewings on Saturday, one of the couples is also seeing next door which is on at in excess of £485,000 and ours is exactly the same at offers around £495,950 - Fingers Crossed and we should have come sooner.

Will have another look in at some point tomorrow to see how you all are

Take Care
Tracy
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Just a quick Hi To you all, hope everyone OK, any news, Can't read all the way back as the dial up is far too expensive and i am so tired I am struggling to type this let alone read.

Anyhow we are here, been an OK day weather wise, 3/4 pants and tops, when sun out was warm. Have been food shopping but that is about it, we are all just too tired, but know we need to stay awake.

BUT get this, we flew Thursday afternoon, and within minutes of our leaving my dad had 2 calls from the EA, we have 2 Viewings on Saturday, one of the couples is also seeing next door which is on at in excess of £485,000 and ours is exactly the same at offers around £495,950 - Fingers Crossed and we should have come sooner.

Take Care
Tracy
Good news about the viewings, I'm sure a call telling you you have a sale will wake you up

The flight with a 5 year old is one thing I have been dreading. I hate jet lag x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good news about the viewings, I'm sure a call telling you you have a sale will wake you up

The flight with a 5 year old is one thing I have been dreading. I hate jet lag x

Fingers crossed, we suspect, but could be wrong that one of the viewers is one of our old neighbours (before this house) who knows we have moved out and is coming for a nosey, an email has already gone to my dad who is doing the viewings to check the names

But the first viewer could be promising if they are also looking at next door, will have everthing crossed, am too tired not to let it stop me from sleeping.

I wouldn't worry about the flight, there were loads of children onboard all sorts of ages too. Just trying to stay awake today has been hard and even harder on the kids they have been walking round like zombies tonight and poor Sam nearly feel asleep in his dinner
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Tracy on getting to Oz
Hope you get a good offer on your house soon.......can't believe you've already left the UK!!!!
Enjoy every bloody minute......just heard it's going to snow here with temperatures dropping
Beth x x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:20 am
aka bunja

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Take Care
Tracy
Hi Tracy,

Good to see you've landed in Oz. Hope the jet lag wears off soon for you all.

Good luck with your viewings.

I will expect to see an update soon.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:26 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

hello just to say goodbye as i am now leaving the thread, our house sale completed yesterday and we are now houseless and mortgageless officially lol, living with mother in law.

Its taken us 14 months but we got there just need visa now, good luck to everyone on here trying to sell xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.