Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by betsyboob
HOUSE SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

THIRD TIME LUCKY RIGHT?!
Anyone that's been following this thread will already know that our chain has broke twice already, hoping this time it will follow through, it's soooo frustrating when you start to arrange everything and then it all falls through.

All think positive thoughts!
Fantastic news!! Fingers crossed that this one goes through - you've been through the mill already.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

HOUSE SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

THIRD TIME LUCKY RIGHT?!
Anyone that's been following this thread will already know that our chain has broke twice already, hoping this time it will follow through, it's soooo frustrating when you start to arrange everything and then it all falls through.

Congrats! Ace news
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickywes
I've heard its a bad selling time too!! I would just like an offer right now, any offer will do. Actually a viewer would be good.
Well everyone else seemed to have 'the viewer' last week and now it seems its my turn
I'll happily pass them on to you when they've done hear causr sure as hell we won't hear anything back off them:curse:
Bloody hell Mr Doom and Gloom eh?:thumbs up:
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:29 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Well everyone else seemed to have 'the viewer' last week and now it seems its my turn
I'll happily pass them on to you when they've done hear causr sure as hell we won't hear anything back off them:curse:
Bloody hell Mr Doom and Gloom eh?:thumbs up:
I hope it happens for you soon, we had load s of calls from EA saying how much the viewers liked our house but unless they actually commit to buying what good is it eh?
Anyway, where youi heading, we are off to SC, my Oh is a plumber too!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope it happens for you soon, we had load s of calls from EA saying how much the viewers liked our house but unless they actually commit to buying what good is it eh?
Anyway, where youi heading, we are off to SC, my Oh is a plumber too!
Yes not much use is it!! We're going back to Perth (again!!) end of this year / early next! BTW where is SC? Ahh a fellow plumber hope his knees arn't as knackered as mine!!!
See you're in Sussex - where abouts? My Dad lived in Brighton for about 10 years I used to love going there as a kid - great place!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:04 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

What's going on, came on here this morning and we are not on page 1................................................. .................................................. ............Well we are now!!!

How is everybody this sunny morning?

Nicky xx
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:30 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Yes not much use is it!! We're going back to Perth (again!!) end of this year / early next! BTW where is SC? Ahh a fellow plumber hope his knees arn't as knackered as mine!!!
See you're in Sussex - where abouts? My Dad lived in Brighton for about 10 years I used to love going there as a kid - great place!!
Off to the Sunshine coast Qld. We are in Worthing about 12miles from Brighton, we love Brighton too although it has become sooo busy as of late.
Yes my OH is 35 and his knees and sometimes back are knackered. He's thinking of possibly doing something else in Oz as we heard the pay is crap... is this true? x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

We have accept the 10k below offer on our house. Which means the buyer gets my house very cheap but with this market who knows when we will get aonther. But going to keep it on the market for a while just in case it falls through again.

Our other agent rung today to ask us if we will lower our price:curse: told them to keep it as it is for now but tell viewers will take offers.

Good luck everyone hope the market picks up a bit for us all

Tina x
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:44 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina
We have accept the 10k below offer on our house. Which means the buyer gets my house very cheap but with this market who knows when we will get aonther. But going to keep it on the market for a while just in case it falls through again.

Our other agent rung today to ask us if we will lower our price:curse: told them to keep it as it is for now but tell viewers will take offers.

Tina x
Congratulations Tina. Shame you had to accept 10k below but I think it is probably a good move with the way houses are going. Lets hope it goes through smoothly now.

Nicky
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:31 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Tina x
Good move Tina , well done
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

HOUSE SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

THIRD TIME LUCKY RIGHT?!

Great news, hope everything goes through
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Bloody hell Mr Doom and Gloom eh?
7 viewers last month although 2 didn't turn up

Two interested enough to offer but haven't sold, first has two offers on her house but neither of them have sold. The other couple have a large house in London and want to move to country that's not sold either so fingers still crossed. Getting the viewers now at least but still in limbo land

Good luck to everyone at the weekend
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Tina x

Hi Tina

Well done on getting the offer, shame its not for a bit more.
Our viewer who offered £45K under the asking price has upped his offer (hooray), now £35K under (boo) - don't know what to do, he's in no chain, moving from abroad, so really good there, but do we wait and hope we get more or do we just grab and run and accept we will have less for Australia
There's a real glut of houses for sale in our area, one which is exactly the same as ours, has been up for over 8 months and not sold yet, makes me think we should accept that we are just not going to get the amount we had orginally thought (damn USA and its mortgage problem, we've now got it too)

Sam
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Tina

Our viewer who offered £45K under the asking price has upped his offer (hooray), now £35K under (boo) - don't know what to do, he's in no chain, moving from abroad, so really good there, but do we wait and hope we get more or do we just grab and run and accept we will have less for Australia
There's a real glut of houses for sale in our area, one which is exactly the same as ours, has been up for over 8 months and not sold yet, makes me think we should accept that we are just not going to get the amount we had orginally thought (damn USA and its mortgage problem, we've now got it too)

Sam
Hi Sam

At least he has upped a bit more, do you think you could squeeze a bit more or is that it? I think I would be inclined to accept, just because the market is so bad and who knows if it will get worse. At least you can start your life in Oz and also don't forget all the extra mortgage payments that you would have to pay if you keep hold of it.

Nic x
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all - had a surprise outing to the local play centre today - had to rush out this morning to meet DDs friends. Only 1 more day of school holiday left!

Originally Posted by marvinc
7 viewers last month although 2 didn't turn up

Two interested enough to offer but haven't sold, first has two offers on her house but neither of them have sold. The other couple have a large house in London and want to move to country that's not sold either so fingers still crossed. Getting the viewers now at least but still in limbo land :

Good luck to everyone at the weekend
Sounds very promising Marvinc - hopefully, one of these people will sell soon - increases your chances anyway!!

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Tina

Our viewer who offered £45K under the asking price has upped his offer (hooray), now £35K under (boo) - don't know what to do, he's in no chain, moving from abroad, so really good there, but do we wait and hope we get more or do we just grab and run and accept we will have less for Australia::
There's a real glut of houses for sale in our area, one which is exactly the same as ours, has been up for over 8 months and not sold yet, makes me think we should accept that we are just not going to get the amount we had orginally thought (damn USA and its mortgage problem, we've now got it too:mad

Sam
Hi Sam - I would tend to accept.. leave the house on the market until they exchange though as it is a low price. We have been trying to sell a year and it has cost us a lot. Mortgage etc - plus the interest you would get on the equity if it was in the bank.

Congrats to Tina too. £10 under isn't too bad - honestly!

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi Sam

At least he has upped a bit more, do you think you could squeeze a bit more or is that it? I think I would be inclined to accept, just because the market is so bad and who knows if it will get worse. At least you can start your life in Oz and also don't forget all the extra mortgage payments that you would have to pay if you keep hold of it.:

Nic x
Hi Nicky,

I agree with you. The market is terrible. House prices are going down in Oz, so you will probably make the £35K up too!

Well, I have no news, EA emailed to say she was going to try and get hold of developers - but no news yet. She did say our house would be in cardiff Life mag this month - hope that helps... See IC, you aren't the only famous one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.