Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

[QUOTE=mOZzy;6127920]aaaaallright!
got OH up 2 hours early (poor man came home at 7am from nightshift) - then he even helped cleaning and entertaining the kids and we got it all nice and nice smelling for 3pm for THE viewer ...

and wow, on the dot 'dingdong' - in she comes, rushes through, chitchat for well, 8 minutes and off she goes [phewwww]

she did like the 'lots of storage and space for her business'

but it seems like she's really THE viewer because she's seen 5 today already and was off to see 2 more

i hope it's one of your houses

I wish.................................Siiiiiigggggg gggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... ....
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Oh and to make matters worse just found a house for sale in Perth that is (was) built on our block!!! We sold it for a song to come back to UK and then the idiot didn't cough up for about 6 months
Still he is laughing I guess as he would have made about $375,000 in 5 years:curse::curse:
This is like a recurring dream we just keep selling cheap and at the point of a market surge then when WE come to sell - hey guess what the market is S#**:curse::curse:
Sorry rant over.....................for now
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1206804055
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:46 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Oh and to make matters worse just found a house for sale in Perth that is (was) built on our block!!! We sold it for a song to come back to UK and then the idiot didn't cough up for about 6 months
Still he is laughing I guess as he would have made about $375,000 in 5 years:curse::curse:
This is like a recurring dream we just keep selling cheap and at the point of a market surge then when WE come to sell - hey guess what the market is S#**:curse::curse:
That's a nice little profit he got then Still, don't ponder on things you can't change, what if's only make you sad, angry or envious. Don't do it Dan, keep remembering, life is great and will be a lot better when we finally get (back to Oz in your case) there!!

O...and don't apologize for your rant.......we all keep having them once in a while
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum
That's a nice little profit he got then Still, don't ponder on things you can't change, what if's only make you sad, angry or envious. Don't do it Dan, keep remembering, life is great and will be a lot better when we finally get (back to Oz in your case) there!!

O...and don't apologize for your rant.......we all keep having them once in a while
Yeah very true! Just shocked to see it there for sale Oh well i guess i am just destined to be poor
Dtp
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:58 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah very true! Just shocked to see it there for sale Oh well i guess i am just destined to be poor
Dtp
Here's some special lottery winning K for you!!

Miranda
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:59 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

Hello M , hows your weekend ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:59 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Dtp
Hi DTP
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi Ic
Same as you don't know what to do with the price but think have decided if hunky viewer doesn't have it on Wednesday then we are knocking off 50k, which would have been a nice boat in Oz!! Can't bear the thought but can't stand much more of this house selling lark.::

Well stuck to my word and have not cleaned a thing yet. So far drove to Winchmore Hill near Enfield (lovely place!) to drop something off and then Paul and I have just sat and watched Ghost and now Rocky Bilbao. Weather is dull and crap now.

Clocks going back tonight so light evenings again

Nicky xx
What a bummer.. We have been saying similar things - waiting to see what happens with new EA who has promised viewings... I am going slowly mental with it all too. Unless you have your house on the market, during this time, I don't think you can understand how stressful and demoralising it is. You seriously do not need this stress on top of what you are already dealing with.

Glad that you had a nice restful day. Sod the cleaning.

Bloomin clocks, thanks for the reminder - we would have been an hour late for the meet tomorrow.

Originally Posted by mOZzy
aaaaallright!
got OH up 2 hours early (poor man came home at 7am from nightshift) - then he even helped cleaning and entertaining the kids and we got it all nice and nice smelling for 3pm for THE viewer ...

and wow, on the dot 'dingdong' - in she comes, rushes through, chitchat for well, 8 minutes and off she goes [phewwww]

she did like the 'lots of storage and space for her business' ::

but it seems like she's really THE viewer because she's seen 5 today already and was off to see 2 more ::

i hope it's one of your houses :

so what have i missed?!

Fingers crossed that THE viewer liked your house. Gosh 8 mins for all that work...

She didn't turn up at our house this arvo...

Hope your poor OH is having a nap now.

Know what you mean IC about chipping away at the price or a big drop. We dropped the flat £5k as it isn't on for nearly as much as your house. We'll take it down another £5k and that may be the end of it as people always offer under anyway. If we get no interest, we'll remortgage and relet - it's a fab renter so it won't cost us to keep it - but we would like the equity out of it...

The big house we might take a big drop rather than chip - simply to drop well below the competion for a last ditch attempt to sell before the summer. After that we will give up and rent it out if we can.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tum
Here's some special lottery winning K for you!!

Miranda
Great! Ta! errrr can you quote winning numbers too??
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hi DTP
Hi I
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:04 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
What a bummer.. We have been saying similar things - waiting to see what happens with new EA who has promised viewings... I am going slowly mental with it all too. Unless you have your house on the market, during this time, I don't think you can understand how stressful and demoralising it is. You seriously do not need this stress on top of what you are already dealing with.

Glad that you had a nice restful day. Sod the cleaning.

Bloomin clocks, thanks for the reminder - we would have been an hour late for the meet tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that THE viewer liked your house. Gosh 8 mins for all that work...

She didn't turn up at our house this arvo...

Hope your poor OH is having a nap now.

Know what you mean IC about chipping away at the price or a big drop. We dropped the flat £5k as it isn't on for nearly as much as your house. We'll take it down another £5k and that may be the end of it as people always offer under anyway. If we get no interest, we'll remortgage and relet - it's a fab renter so it won't cost us to keep it - but we would like the equity out of it...

The big house we might take a big drop rather than chip - simply to drop well below the competion for a last ditch attempt to sell before the summer. After that we will give up and rent it out if we can.
yeah , gonna get myself a plan b . sit down & do some math
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:06 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by Icarus
Hello M , hows your weekend ?
Hi S, finished working have you Yeah the weekend is great, nice and sunny at the moment, still a bit cold. Our new EA told us some people from Utrecht (middle of the Netherlands) asked for a brochure of our house, the bloke has got a new job nearby our place. First weekend on the market with the new EA, let's hope Monday brings us good news. Yep...viewings galore (I wish) And next weekend Joe will be going for his second swimming diploma (B). Don't know how it works in the UK, but over here you have A, B and C. All diploma's include knowing breaststroke, front crawl, back crawl, swimming with clothes on, diving and swimming under water through a hole for a distance (B is 9 meters). We all love the water, swimming, snorkeling, diving etc.

How's your weekend?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:07 pm
tum
destination Cairns

Great! Ta! errrr can you quote winning numbers too??

Yeah, sure I can, that's why I'm a multimillionaire with attitude But here goes nothing, I've got a strong feeling for the numbers 4, 19, 27, 36, 48 and 55.
Six numbers enough

Hi FW
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

What kick in the guts. It might make you feel better to know that Perth is having a similar housing problem to the Uk and they might not be able to sell it easily.

Rant away DTP - we all know how it feels. Try and remember that people always need to move, so there must still be buyers out there.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:11 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by tum
Hi S, finished working have you Yeah the weekend is great, nice and sunny at the moment, still a bit cold. Our new EA told us some people from Utrecht (middle of the Netherlands) asked for a brochure of our house, the bloke has got a new job nearby our place. First weekend on the market with the new EA, let's hope Monday brings us good news. Yep...viewings galore (I wish) And next weekend Joe will be going for his second swimming diploma (B). Don't know how it works in the UK, but over here you have A, B and C. All diploma's include knowing breaststroke, front crawl, back crawl, swimming with clothes on, diving and swimming under water through a hole for a distance (B is 9 meters). We all love the water, swimming, snorkeling, diving etc.

How's your weekend?
Well its all go for you guys ! good luck there , hope the newe EA gets you some interest .

never been one for swimming , i get the "bends" having a shower

weekend is ok , wet but i have the football on & i'm having a beer later ....after a few days going without

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.