Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Everything is swell ta N. ticking along waiting to go really.

As I am an August applicant I wont know when my meds clear as we are all paperbased so Im relying on you to keep me updated when did ours arrive - I cant remember
Glad everything is Ok with you.

You can send an email to the LCU asking if they have cleared. (Details of how to do this are on the medicals timelines thread!)

Mine were signed for on the 13th, yours the 12th March.

Our visa is supposed to be a quick one. So I am hoping against hope that we get it by the end of April... But when I see the Augustees STILL waiting, I do rather doubt that. Fingers crossed that you hear really soon!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im going to give it a couple of weeks and then email LCU.

I have always had the feeling our visa will come in May, will be interesting to see, although the nearer we get to May the more that seems unlikely.

I am certain you will get your visa before us, the post sept 1st are getting through much quicker to us Augustees, as they have a new seperate team.

Have you got a CO yet? we havent.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to give it a couple of weeks and then email LCU.

I have always had the feeling our visa will come in May, will be interesting to see, although the nearer we get to May the more that seems unlikely.

I am certain you will get your visa before us, the post sept 1st are getting through much quicker to us Augustees, as they have a new seperate team.

Have you got a CO yet? we havent.

No CO - sometimes our sort of visa doesn't get one, just goes straight to grant...

I'm sure you will hear sooner than May - they are trying to push your applications through quickly. If they process your meds this week, it should be really soon!! It must be maddening to see nearly all the September lot have got their visas...

I am thinking May for our visa myself.... just wish we knew.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Thats the hard bit isnt it, the not knowing. complete limbo - cant explain to people what it feels like sitting waiting for an email that will change yours and your families lives so much.

Even if they said to us you will have them by end of June you could kind of plan and maybe even book flights for July, ya know, rather than sitting not able to do anything then all of a sudden you have a visa and a million things to do.

Opened our Nationwide account today in anticipation so getting nice and organised, all we have to do when visa comes is book flights, sort rental and buy lots of new clothes....oh and crash diet
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats the hard bit isnt it, the not knowing. complete limbo - cant explain to people what it feels like sitting waiting for an email that will change yours and your families lives so much.

Even if they said to us you will have them by end of June you could kind of plan and maybe even book flights for July, ya know, rather than sitting not able to do anything then all of a sudden you have a visa and a million things to do.

Opened our Nationwide account today in anticipation so getting nice and organised, all we have to do when visa comes is book flights, sort rental and buy lots of new clothes....oh and crash diet
You are very organised! When we get our visa I will be in a mad panic. Can't sort stuff out as house is on the market... can't make too much mess..

Will have to open a Nationwide account - we opened a credit card, so it should be straight forward enough as they have our details.

The annoying thihng is, it will cost us more for our flights as we can't book much in advance. sigh.

Dropped the price of our rental flat today as no viewings for 2 weeks...

just wish SOMETHING would happen. We have been trying to get a visa / sell our house for a year now.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Im sure I want your property to sell as much as you do

Its pants about the price of flights isnt it, but you have to weigh up the costs of waiting to go (i.e.property price rises in Adelaide) vs the extra cost of last minute flights.

I really hope things pick up on the market really soon.

I guess we will be making our way out there are really similar times which will be cool.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im sure I want your property to sell as much as you do::

Its pants about the price of flights isnt it, but you have to weigh up the costs of waiting to go (i.e.property price rises in Adelaide) vs the extra cost of last minute flights.

I really hope things pick up on the market really soon.

I guess we will be making our way out there are really similar times which will be cool.
Thanks Hayles, you need me to sell, so you can stop having to listen to me moan on about it!

The flights are a pig. We are considering booking for September whatever... So it means we can actually plan things. It may be that we have to accept our move as temporary and come back after a couple of years to try and sell again. we want to spend 3 months looking for a rental and a good school and enroll DD to start in the Jan. She will get a nice long holiday out of it.

It would be great if we could move over at about the same time - although I was counting on dossing on your floor.

I don't think I will ever buy another house as I am scared this will happen again if we try and sell........ So property prices are irrelevant.

I'm off to my bed now, night hun and take care.xxx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:04 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

night guys

keep smilin
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Night guys.

oh and Fly - if im there before you, you will be more than welcome to stay with us, I can be your meeter and greeter at the airport too
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:10 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Know what I might just do that!! If I win I promise you half!!
IEKS....well that would be awesome......good luck to us

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, hope you win! Hi M if you meant me!
Hi FA........FW..FA...got my letters mixed up, I meant you

Originally Posted by Icarus
Well if they come up .... yer gonna have to share !

hmmmmm now i feel i have to do those numbers cuz if i don't !!!
Does the UK also have a zip code lottery? Imagine all your neighbours winning and you are the poor bugger left out...it happens....and one lady went to court for it because she didn't win and was mentally damaged by it...she didn't win though.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hello all. *waves*

Well our viewers came this morning. It seemed to tick all the right boxes, so we'll just wait and see on Monday, I guess.

Speaking of chocolate, I really like the Divine chocolate supplied by Fairtrade. It's delish. I also like G&B but this Divine is .... well divine.
GO GO Monday.....let's hope you get THE CALL

trust me eh? Im sitting in on my own, drinking!!! I dont drink in the house and shouldnt be drinking at all! oops!
HAHAHAHA.....your allowed to have a bit of fun....
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

morning all! Sorry Tum bloody forgot to put numbers on.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me they came up:curse::curse:!!
Fly and Gonnago you two were up late!!! Must be my age but I hit the sack at 10.30!!!! (or was that anything to do with the 9 beers????)
Today is start of fitness campaign - get back that slipped 6 pack before the Oz hols in 8 weeks!!!!
dtp
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum

Does the UK also have a zip code lottery? Imagine all your neighbours winning and you are the poor bugger left out...it happens....and one lady went to court for it because she didn't win and was mentally damaged by it...she didn't win though.
oh i don't know Tum , i never did those numbers ........ if they came up say nothing

morning all! Sorry Tum bloody forgot to put numbers on.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me they came up:curse::curse:!!
Fly and Gonnago you two were up late!!! Must be my age but I hit the sack at 10.30!!!! (or was that anything to do with the 9 beers????:
Today is start of fitness campaign - get back that slipped 6 pack before the Oz hols in 8 weeks!!!!
dtp
i needed longer in bed too , beers was flowing a treat last night

yummi

curry was a bit dry tho , maybe thats why
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

oh and Fly - if im there before you, you will be more than welcome to stay with us, I can be your meeter and greeter at the airport too:
Thanks hun. Don't panic about us crashing on your floor. Airport would be great though - whoever gets there first will meet the other one. (I get a good deal here I think!)

Originally Posted by tum

Hi FA...FW..FA...got my letters mixed up, I meant you

LOL, hi again!

No, we don't have the postcode lottery - that's the health service. We just have the ticket type lottery. Did you play yesterday Tum? Hope you won something. I only play when I feel really depressed, but I've never won. I have entered the House lottery in Adelaide. Fingers crossed we win the $1m doller house!!!

: morning all! Sorry Tum bloody forgot to put numbers on.......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me they came up::!!
Fly and Gonnago you two were up late!!! Must be my age but I hit the sack at 10.30!!!! (or was that anything to do with the 9 beers????:
Today is start of fitness campaign - get back that slipped 6 pack before the Oz hols in 8 weeks!!!!::
dtp::
Morning DTP. I wonder if the 9 beers is why you forgot to play the lottery??: Just don't check the numbers and live in ignorant bliss.....

I am a dirty stop up at the weekend. Although, I went to bed early last night as the clocks change and had to be up this morning for the Welsh Meet.

Originally Posted by Icarus
oh i don't know Tum , i never did those numbers ........ if they came up say nothing

i needed longer in bed too , beers was flowing a treat last night
yummi

curry was a bit dry tho , maybe thats why
Another one who didn't do the lottery. Never mind, if no one did it, there will be no arguments.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:09 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Thanks hun. Don't panic about us crashing on your floor. Airport would be great though - whoever gets there first will meet the other one. (I get a good deal here I think!)

No, we don't have the postcode lottery - that's the health service. We just have the ticket type lottery. Did you play yesterday Tum? Hope you won something. I only play when I feel really depressed, but I've never won. I have entered the House lottery in Adelaide. Fingers crossed we win the $1m doller house!!!

Morning DTP. I wonder if the 9 beers is why you forgot to play the lottery??: Just don't check the numbers and live in ignorant bliss.....

I am a dirty stop up at the weekend. Although, I went to bed early last night as the clocks change and had to be up this morning for the Welsh Meet.

Another one who didn't do the lottery. Never mind, if no one did it, there will be no arguments.
havn't done lotto for years ..house selling is THE lotto at the min .

time for a boiled egg i think
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all

Had to go to bed last night as was knackered. I won the lottery last night......a whole £10. Could be the start of luck to come

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.