Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi ClaireM,

Welcome to the WPHS thread. It is human nature to be worried. Especially if you have read this thread. It's sods law really, if you pack your house up and sell everything you own, the sale will fall through, if you wait, it won't...

What you could do, is ask for 4 weeks between exchange and completion to get organised. That way, you know the sale will go through but you have time to sort your stuff out.

Good luck!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:02 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hello all

I haven't been on this forum for months now but I wondered if I could gatecrash this thread? If it serves no other purpose at least people can reassure me (hopefully) that I am not totally irrational!

Got my visa in November, resigned from my job (gave them five months notice) and finished there last Friday. Hooray! House went on the market in January, and after one total p!sstake of an offer, and a drop in price, I finally got, and accepted an offer from some FTB's who are currently living in a family home just around the corner.
So they have got a hefty deposit. They have secured a mortgage offer. They paid for a homebuyers survey that all came back fine. They have been round to measure up for kitchen white goods. They have already ordered stuff for my lounge to be delivered. According to my solicitor we're ready to exchange on my side, and the buyers solicitors are just waiting for signed documents to come back from the buyers before they are ready too.

So why oh why oh why is there still part of my brain that is convinced this is all going to fall through??? Even with all the evidence above I still can't let myself believe that it will happen, and daren't pack up any more furniture incase we have to get on the viewing merry-go-round again. There is naturally cautious, and then there is me.

Someone please slap me round the face with a large wet fish or something.

Thank you.
welcome by the way , hope you liked the fish
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hello all

I haven't been on this forum for months now but I wondered if I could gatecrash this thread? If it serves no other purpose at least people can reassure me (hopefully) that I am not totally irrational!

Got my visa in November, resigned from my job (gave them five months notice) and finished there last Friday. Hooray! House went on the market in January, and after one total p!sstake of an offer, and a drop in price, I finally got, and accepted an offer from some FTB's who are currently living in a family home just around the corner.
So they have got a hefty deposit. They have secured a mortgage offer. They paid for a homebuyers survey that all came back fine. They have been round to measure up for kitchen white goods. They have already ordered stuff for my lounge to be delivered. According to my solicitor we're ready to exchange on my side, and the buyers solicitors are just waiting for signed documents to come back from the buyers before they are ready too.

So why oh why oh why is there still part of my brain that is convinced this is all going to fall through??? Even with all the evidence above I still can't let myself believe that it will happen, and daren't pack up any more furniture incase we have to get on the viewing merry-go-round again. There is naturally cautious, and then there is me.

Someone please slap me round the face with a large wet fish or something.

Thank you.
Can understand how you feel, we sold our place to a FTB back nearly five weeks ago. I am keeping everything tightly crossed that it all goes through ok. We are leaving two weeks on Wednesday and doubt that we will be going with everything completed. I could be wrong though.

MIL has asked for the EA document on our place as a keepsake, told her today that I won't be getting it until just before we leave in case I jinx things!

Have you got flights booked?

All the best...am thinking maybe I should grab that wet fish...not nice to be slapped by one!

So...

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
It's a completely rational thought. You'll feel much better when you've exchanged contracts as you know they can't back out then.

Oh, and welcome to the thread. It really helps having other people to talk to about the same problems, and of course we all totally understand how stressful this whole process is.

I'm feeling completely deflated at the moment. I really thought these guys were THE ones. Feel like I don't know what to do at the moment. I can't make people buy my house. Although I'm starting to think that I might hold the next viewers hostage until they agree to buy it.

Still fed up. PLUS the OH has been here all day as he wasn't well and he's been doing my head in all day.
J, sending you vibes. Hang in there, it will happen. Hope your OH feels better soon too.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi ClaireM,

Welcome to the WPHS thread. It is human nature to be worried. Especially if you have read this thread. It's sods law really, if you pack your house up and sell everything you own, the sale will fall through, if you wait, it won't...

What you could do, is ask for 4 weeks between exchange and completion to get organised. That way, you know the sale will go through but you have time to sort your stuff out.

Good luck!
Yeah that's a good idea. Hi there Fly Away.

Originally Posted by Icarus
welcome by the way , hope you liked the fish
Oooooooh, I'm taking that fish right now!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:07 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

take it its yours SW
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

take it its yours SW
Thank you
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:10 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Thank you
don't mention it
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:10 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

J, sending you vibes. Hang in there, it will happen. Hope your OH feels better soon too.
It's just man-flu.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

take it its yours SW
Not unless I've been slapped with it first!

I know its mostly paranoia, but I am like this with anything where it is out of my control, especially when it is in the hands of slow disinterested others

I haven't booked the flight yet - don't dare until there is no backing out by the buyers. And I'd have to book a return if it ended up being a validation trip. I have until mid August though.

Just talked to the voice of reason (my Dad) and he said much the same as you guys. Although I got short shrift from him as a proud Englishman when I suggested that I wished I was in Scotland as then the purchase offer would already be binding
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SW. Hope you are feeling better today.
PMSL.

It's just man-flu.

LOL. Bless.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, feeling better thanks. Am loving the lighter evenings. Are you ok? Have you been in contact with the new EAs today?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:19 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

It's just man-flu.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:21 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

its a killer
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:23 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

its a killer
Ya big baby. That's what I said to the OH. I'm so sympathetic me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.