Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
Morning all

Had to go to bed last night as was knackered. I won the lottery last night......a whole £10. Could be the start of luck to come
well done N ,, what you gonna spend it on ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Did FA's St Thingybob turn up ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
havn't done lotto for years ..house selling is THE lotto at the min .

time for a boiled egg i think
You're right there - probably more chance of winning the lottery than selling our houses...

Enjoy your chucky egg.

Morning all

Had to go to bed last night as was knackered. I won the lottery last night......a whole £10. Could be the start of luck to come:
See - Nicky won - the odds must be in our favour, the only one to play, actually won something. Don't spend it all at once though.

Let's hope it is the start of our luck!

Did FA's St Thingybob turn up ?
Not yet. I am getting cross now. I will ask the seller where it is if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

well done on winning nicky!!

and all you others: well, you've 'won' the pound you didn't spend

kids were up at 6am ... as predicted
but at least they'll go to bed an hour earlier tonight

i've decided to be very spontanous (sp?) and go to a BE meetup in Andover!
it's only 1 hour away and they've got an indoor playarea - so nothing to loose really
i hope i won't have to divide myself and run after the monsters all the time

hey hayles! you are everywhere
are you selling too

but it's nice to know i am not the only sad one on here and chat on a saturday evening / sunday morning online
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:00 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You're right there - probably more chance of winning the lottery than selling our houses...

Enjoy your chucky egg.

See - Nicky won - the odds must be in our favour, the only one to play, actually won something. Don't spend it all at once though.

Let's hope it is the start of our luck!

Not yet. I am getting cross now. I will ask the seller where it is if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.
Originally Posted by mOZzy

kids were up at 6am ... as predicted
but at least they'll go to bed an hour earlier tonight

it's only 1 hour away and they've got an indoor playarea - so nothing to loose really

are you selling too

but it's nice to know i am not the only sad one on here and chat on a saturday evening / sunday morning online
Hey guys , have fun at your respective meets !
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

well done on winning nicky!! ::

kids were up at 6am ... as predicted :
but at least they'll go to bed an hour earlier tonight :

are you selling too

Morning Mozzy - you're not alone! We are all saddos.

I'm out to a meet in half an hour too. Shame Beth and SparkyW can't make it though. Have a good time at your meet.

Hayles has been on this thread a long time bless her - she completed last week but joined in about July.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:25 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I will be on here until page 1600 at least.
We'll probably get there tomorrow.

You are very organised! When we get our visa I will be in a mad panic. Can't sort stuff out as house is on the market... can't make too much mess..

Will have to open a Nationwide account - we opened a credit card, so it should be straight forward enough as they have our details.

The annoying thihng is, it will cost us more for our flights as we can't book much in advance. sigh.

Dropped the price of our rental flat today as no viewings for 2 weeks...

just wish SOMETHING would happen. We have been trying to get a visa / sell our house for a year now.
I've heard a lot of people opening a Nationwide account. I don't know much about it, I have to say. Are there lots of pros for opening an account with them?

At least your flights will only be one way.

I'm sure things will pick up soon for you, FA.

havn't done lotto for years ..house selling is THE lotto at the min .

time for a boiled egg i think
Yep, deffo agree with that.

Morning all

Had to go to bed last night as was knackered. I won the lottery last night......a whole £10. Could be the start of luck to come
YAY. I never win a bean.

well done N ,, what you gonna spend it on ?
Wine!

Morning Mozzy - you're not alone! We are all saddos.

I'm out to a meet in half an hour too. Shame Beth and SparkyW can't make it though. Have a good time at your meet.

Hayles has been on this thread a long time bless her - she completed last week but joined in about July.
Have fun at your meet FA and Mozzy. How's the plans for the Nationwide meet going, anyone know?

Well, after saying I was going to get completely ratarsed - It didn't quite work out that way. I fell asleep after 3 G&T's and woke up at 12.30am (or should that be 1.30am).

The kids and OH have gone to the lake and the park on their bikes. So that means I have the whole of the morning to myself. I shall heading for the shower in just a minute then I shall spending the rest of the time trying to straighten my hair.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6131062]Morning all,

Thanks hun. Don't panic about us crashing on your floor. Airport would be great though - whoever gets there first will meet the other one. (I get a good deal here I think!) Well you are more than welcome to stay for a few days if need be, there are only 3 of you so I think its me that would get the good deal, I have 3 kids remember

am a dirty stop up at the weekend. Although, I went to bed early last night as the clocks change and had to be up this morning for the Welsh Meet. Enjoy the meet, there is an Essex meet today but im not going, dont really know any of them, and promised to take Dad out for dinner.

hey hayles! you are everywhere lol im watching you. No im not selling anymore, sold 2 weeks ago and moved in with my father so just waiting for visa now, I made some cracking friends on here and am hanging around on here to support you all - I keep forgetting that im not a whinging pom house seller anymore.
are you selling too

Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

offtooz - we opened the nationwide account, because you have a current and an e saver account linked and can instantly transfer money over etc, the biggest bonus is that you can use your debit card in Oz for no charge
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6131678]
Morning all,

Thanks hun. Don't panic about us crashing on your floor. Airport would be great though - whoever gets there first will meet the other one. (I get a good deal here I think!) Well you are more than welcome to stay for a few days if need be, there are only 3 of you so I think its me that would get the good deal, I have 3 kids remember

am a dirty stop up at the weekend. Although, I went to bed early last night as the clocks change and had to be up this morning for the Welsh Meet. Enjoy the meet, there is an Essex meet today but im not going, dont really know any of them, and promised to take Dad out for dinner.

How's it going being back home Hayles??? Hope all is good

Lau x
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lau, its not too bad really, the only issue I have is with my sisters OH - he is a complete tit. But apart from that its okay, struggling a bit for Dh and I to get time to talk about anything in peace but thats to be expected.

Also I was hoping I would have less to do on a day to day basis with more adults to perform tasks but it seems as I am the only 'Mum' in the house I now have 6 adults and 3 kids to cook, clean and wash for.:curse:
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:56 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
offtooz - we opened the nationwide account, because you have a current and an e saver account linked and can instantly transfer money over etc, the biggest bonus is that you can use your debit card in Oz for no charge
Cheers for that. I think I shall investigate further.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:11 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
We'll probably get there tomorrow.

I've heard a lot of people opening a Nationwide account. I don't know much about it, I have to say. Are there lots of pros for opening an account with them?

At least your flights will only be one way.

Yep, deffo agree with that.

YAY. I never win a bean.

Wine!

Have fun at your meet FA and Mozzy. How's the plans for the Nationwide meet going, anyone know?

Well, after saying I was going to get completely ratarsed - It didn't quite work out that way. I fell asleep after 3 G&T's and woke up at 12.30am (or should that be 1.30am).

The kids and OH have gone to the lake and the park on their bikes. So that means I have the whole of the morning to myself. I shall heading for the shower in just a minute then I shall spending the rest of the time trying to straighten my hair.
is it straight yet ?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Afternoon all,

Back from the meet.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

Thanks O2O. I hope so too.

YAY. I never win a bean.

Nor me - I've had 2 premium bonds since I was born and never won a penny on them...

Thanks O2O. I had a good time! I'm up for a national meet, but I think the logistics are a bit of a nightmare...

Well, after saying I was going to get completely ratarsed - It didn't quite work out that way. I fell asleep after 3 G&T's and woke up at 12.30am (or should that be 1.30am.

LOL, you're a cheap date!

[QUOTE=Gonnago;6131678]
Morning all,

Well you are more than welcome to stay for a few days if need be, there are only 3 of you so I think its me that would get the good deal, I have 3 kids remember

Thanks hun. I think waiting for us with a bottle of wine is all that will be needed. We may even fly to Sydney, stay with rellies for a week and then drive to Adelaide and make it a holiday. If we get there before you we will hopefully have space for 5 more.

Enjoy the meet, there is an Essex meet today but im not going, dont really know any of them, and promised to take Dad out for dinner.
Hope you had a good meal with your Dad.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hi Lau, its not too bad really, the only issue I have is with my sisters OH - he is a complete tit. But apart from that its okay, struggling a bit for Dh and I to get time to talk about anything in peace but thats to be expected.

Also I was hoping I would have less to do on a day to day basis with more adults to perform tasks but it seems as I am the only 'Mum' in the house I now have 6 adults and 3 kids to cook, clean and wash for.:
Doesn't sound like fun - I hope you get some free babysitting from your Sis and Dad at least. Maybe ask if they could babysit one night a week so you and OH can have a few hours to plan things together. (You don't even have to leave the house.)

is it straight yet ?
LOL, she must have VERY curly hair.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:13 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Evening all - Sorry had to go off to a netball match today just after I posted.

Am still trying what luxury to spend my winnings on but there are so many options!

Hope all the meets went well, would really love to go to one.

Nicky xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.