Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

My viewer didn't turn up, she wanted a 'second home' she did cancel though that's the second cancelled one this month............ Can't find a crying icon
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

wendy that's the MOST annoying thing EVER!!!

here a few to stock up with - i hope you won't need them though

O2O so true! none else actually wants to hear about it anymore - unless of course you ARE in the same (very rocking) boat
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:26 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
My viewer didn't turn up, she wanted a 'second home' she did cancel though that's the second cancelled one this month............ Can't find a crying icon
sorry to hear that , very frustrating
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Sending vibes your way Marvinc, sorry to hear that. It's so very :curse: :curse: :curse:when viewers do that.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:50 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

It's such a pain when that happens.:curse: We haven't had any do that to us so far with this house but had a couple with our previous house sale.

Well, we had feedback from our EA today regarding the viewers on Saturday. They really liked the house but saw another one in a different area and have decided to go with that one.

Oh well, and so it goes on. (need a fed up smilie)
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:58 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear about viewers. Had you done all the cleaning too?
Good luck your way for the next lot.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Had 2 different lots of kids playing here today so been a bit busy eeeeekkk

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Morning everyone.

Good luck with your new EA FA. Let's hope your phone is red hot soon enough for you.::

Glad you had a good meet FA and Mozzy. It is good to speak to people who understand what you are going through. Nobody else quite gets it, do they?
Thanks O2O. Nothing yet.

I had a friend here this morning and she was really stunned as I poured 12 months of stress, frustration and disappointment out from the visa and house selling stuff. People don't know how stressful it is.

NOOO!!! I hate that. At least she cancelled, but it is a blow.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
It's such a pain when that happens. We haven't had any do that to us so far with this house but had a couple with our previous house sale.

Well, we had feedback from our EA today regarding the viewers on Saturday. They really liked the house but saw another one in a different area and have decided to go with that one.

Oh well, and so it goes on. (need a fed up smilie)
Oh no, what a shame. Why is there always another house??? I want my house to be the other house they chose, but it never is.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:03 am
Just Joined

SinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really nice

If you are in the position of actually ready to go - why don't you auction your house? The housing market seems to be quiet at the moment but property auctions are still getting properties away at good prices - at least where I live.

Buy to let investor properties like recently built flats are struggling and selling well below what they originally sold at (if bought during last couple of years) but family houses seem to fetch at least what an agent will get - and with no hassle and guaranteed outcome. You can set a reserve anyway - why don't you give it a try?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:07 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SinkingShip
If you are in the position of actually ready to go - why don't you auction your house? The housing market seems to be quiet at the moment but property auctions are still getting properties away at good prices - at least where I live.

Buy to let investor properties like recently built flats are struggling and selling well below what they originally sold at (if bought during last couple of years) but family houses seem to fetch at least what an agent will get - and with no hassle and guaranteed outcome. You can set a reserve anyway - why don't you give it a try?
Are the auctions for any type of house or generally for the investor/renovator?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SinkingShip

Thanks for that!

We've had an auction valuation done on our house and it is still considerably lower than the minimum we would accept at the moment. However, in a couple of months we might give it a try. As you say, if you set a reserve, you know the minimum it will sell for. (Although it may not sell) Plus, we were quoted £300 fee plus 2% of the sale price and then £200 for subsequant auctions, which isn't too bad, but EAs here are charging 1% which means we could sell for the reserve price via an EA and still take away more cash...
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:16 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

For marvinc

Crying icon is under "more" in the smilies options.

Don't worry, soon it will be
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

Hello all

I haven't been on this forum for months now but I wondered if I could gatecrash this thread? If it serves no other purpose at least people can reassure me (hopefully) that I am not totally irrational!

Got my visa in November, resigned from my job (gave them five months notice) and finished there last Friday. Hooray! House went on the market in January, and after one total p!sstake of an offer, and a drop in price, I finally got, and accepted an offer from some FTB's who are currently living in a family home just around the corner.
So they have got a hefty deposit. They have secured a mortgage offer. They paid for a homebuyers survey that all came back fine. They have been round to measure up for kitchen white goods. They have already ordered stuff for my lounge to be delivered. According to my solicitor we're ready to exchange on my side, and the buyers solicitors are just waiting for signed documents to come back from the buyers before they are ready too.

So why oh why oh why is there still part of my brain that is convinced this is all going to fall through??? Even with all the evidence above I still can't let myself believe that it will happen, and daren't pack up any more furniture incase we have to get on the viewing merry-go-round again. There is naturally cautious, and then there is me.

Someone please slap me round the face with a large wet fish or something.

Thank you.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:36 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hello all

I haven't been on this forum for months now but I wondered if I could gatecrash this thread? If it serves no other purpose at least people can reassure me (hopefully) that I am not totally irrational!

Got my visa in November, resigned from my job (gave them five months notice) and finished there last Friday. Hooray! House went on the market in January, and after one total p!sstake of an offer, and a drop in price, I finally got, and accepted an offer from some FTB's who are currently living in a family home just around the corner.
So they have got a hefty deposit. They have secured a mortgage offer. They paid for a homebuyers survey that all came back fine. They have been round to measure up for kitchen white goods. They have already ordered stuff for my lounge to be delivered. According to my solicitor we're ready to exchange on my side, and the buyers solicitors are just waiting for signed documents to come back from the buyers before they are ready too.

So why oh why oh why is there still part of my brain that is convinced this is all going to fall through??? Even with all the evidence above I still can't let myself believe that it will happen, and daren't pack up any more furniture incase we have to get on the viewing merry-go-round again. There is naturally cautious, and then there is me.

Thank you.
Lol! It gets to everyone in the end....totally paranoid seems to be the preferred state of mind around here

I'm sure you'll be fine.... welcome to the thread & just look on the bright side - at least you're not doing a beth (ask BethandAndrew )
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:39 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Thank you.
it will be fine
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-fishslap1a.gif  
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:48 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Thank you.
It's a completely rational thought. You'll feel much better when you've exchanged contracts as you know they can't back out then.

Oh, and welcome to the thread. It really helps having other people to talk to about the same problems, and of course we all totally understand how stressful this whole process is.

I'm feeling completely deflated at the moment. I really thought these guys were THE ones. Feel like I don't know what to do at the moment. I can't make people buy my house. Although I'm starting to think that I might hold the next viewers hostage until they agree to buy it.

Still fed up. PLUS the OH has been here all day as he wasn't well and he's been doing my head in all day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.