Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by wardy2
I can feel it in my water that you will get a viewing this week, when you least expect it.

Our EA rang this morning with a last minute viewing for tonight. was going to make a curry...not now
good news

shame bout the curry tho
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all,

Back from school run...

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
OK, I think. You never can tell.

He said that he would like his wife to come and see it as well, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

He certainly liked the garden. He's got two boys (9 and 11) so a big garden is a big plus point.

I live in hope.
Fingers crossed - it sounds promising - sending Ks if I don't have to spread 'em.

Originally Posted by tum
love those discussions, polar bear...transparent...

Poor S - you can get that spray which thickens your hair up....

But yes...selling too. Our house is on the market as of March 2007...the market has been as slow as a um a thick lava stream running uphill . But there is some movement visible at the moment. It's not nationwide that the market is slow, but in our area which is pretty rural things are slow with all kind of houses, doesn't matter if it's a villa, townhouse or semi-detached (which is what we have). Price is right, good value for what you get. This is confirmed by viewers, but they had to back out (twice) because they couldn't get their finances sorted .

So good luck to all of us :
OMG Miranda - I feel for you. I thought 10 months was bad enough. I am slowly going round the twist. Goodness knows how you feel.... Do you have your visa yet?

Originally Posted by Icarus
Its bloody mare Miranda , am lucky i think ... just 6 months on the market .. i don't want it to be 7 .

good luck mate )
I can't believe you've been on the market that long either... seems shorter somehow.. We must all be going insane together and the time is flying.

I can feel it in my water that you will get a viewing this week, when you least expect it.

Our EA rang this morning with a last minute viewing for tonight. was going to make a curry...not now :
Good luck Kaye! as Ic said, shame about the curry, but if you get an offer, it's worth it.

Thanks for being positive. I was positive last week and not this week... no real reason, just realised it is a year since we started the whole process and we are no further forward...

Anyone know if Beth has heard from her EA yet????
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:56 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
love those discussions, polar bear...transparent...

But yes...selling too. Our house is on the market as of March 2007...the market has been as slow as a um a thick lava stream running uphill . But there is some movement visible at the moment. It's not nationwide that the market is slow, but in our area which is pretty rural things are slow with all kind of houses, doesn't matter if it's a villa, townhouse or semi-detached (which is what we have). Price is right, good value for what you get. This is confirmed by viewers, but they had to back out (twice) because they couldn't get their finances sorted.

So good luck to all of us
March 2007. I really feel for you.

Our EA rang this morning with a last minute viewing for tonight. was going to make a curry...not now
Bad news about the curry, but you don't want to end up like SS. 4 days and it still stinks of vindaloo.

We had some feedback from the EA about our viewings. The one's on Friday have only just started looking. In fact ours and another one around the corner were the two houses they looked at. Apparently they want to have more of have a look round before committing. Ours is on the shortlist though. They thought it was a lovely house etc, etc. If that's the case don't look anymore just buy mine.

The viewer that came this morning absolutely loved the house. He is relocating from London. He's only just putting his house on the market but thinks it won't take long to sell ().

We shall see.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:57 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
March 2007. I really feel for you.

Bad news about the curry, but you don't want to end up like SS. 4 days and it still stinks of vindaloo.

We had some feedback from the EA about our viewings. The one's on Friday have only just started looking. In fact ours and another one around the corner were the two houses they looked at. Apparently they want to have more of have a look round before committing. Ours is on the shortlist though. They tought it was a lovely house etc, etc. If that's the case don't look anymore just buy mine.

The viewer that came this morning absolutely loved the house. He is relocating from London. He's only just putting his house on the market but thinks it won't take long to sell ().

We shall see.
lamb bhuna actually and it's fading - eventually
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:03 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
I do a good rogan. The day after it absolutely stinks. It's like it permeates (sp) the walls.

Damn nice though.

Do you make all the little sides as well? When I'm in curry mode I really like to go to town.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:03 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon all,

I can't believe you've been on the market that long either... seems shorter somehow.. We must all be going insane together and the time is flying.

yeah it seems shorter , had xmas in the middle of it too
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:04 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
we did a nice Korma on Sat , very nice
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:12 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

hubby likes a curry while watching football and he makes a mean bombay potato mmmm yum yum

may make to with a ready made one chicken piri piri from morrisons is looovvvveellly
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I make my own curry paste and that really stinks the house out as you have to roast the spices, grind them and then fry them in ghee. However, I make giant batches and keep it in the fridge and just using a bit of the paste doesn't make the house stink too badly.... (I hope.) However, I find fish is the worst, stinks for days.... Hopefully the weather will improve soon and we can all live on salad.

Kaye, can you get a take away curry after the viewers have gone? Treat yourselves.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:17 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Yeah , lovely .. but be warned !!

i know a guy who started having currys , it started with one a week , moved on to two or three then it got so that he was having two a day ! eventually he started injecting it in to his vains got very sick & he collapsed because of it ....
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:21 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys!

I've just come home to find EA here with the couple that viewed this morning.
They wanted a 2nd viewing today. Apparently it's between us and another property.
The other property is £20,000 cheaper and has more parking but the woman likes our open plan kitchen, diner, family area plus we're detached and the other is a semi.
I should find out this evening.
Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
Yeah , lovely .. but be warned !!

i know a guy who started having currys , it started with one a week , moved on to two or three then it got so that he was having two a day ! eventually he started injecting it in to his vains got very sick & he collapsed because of it ....
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:23 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Fly Away
he was rushed to hospital and spent 3 weeks in a korma
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

No news off EA yet, apart from they were going to chase up the couple and get back to me later!!!!
We have chicken dopiaza and chicken balti tonight, with garlic naan bread and bombay potatoes served on a bed of pilau rice
Beth x x
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Guys!

I've just come home to find EA here with the couple that viewed this morning.
They wanted a 2nd viewing today. Apparently it's between us and another property.
The other property is £20,000 cheaper and has more parking but the woman likes our open plan kitchen, diner, family area plus we're detached and the other is a semi.
I should find out this evening.
Fingers crossed.
Well Kathy , hope you get some good news there . lets us know !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.