Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:04 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning guys ,

no "quake" damage ?
No damage. Although we did feel it here. The bed and the wardrobe doors were all rattling and shaking. My OH thought it was my son getting a drink
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:05 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Well our news, we decided at the weekend to not think about the house, we would concentrate on getting ready for the move as though we were all going in April, which we did yesterday, then last night when Jason got his flight details through, he flys Heathrow to Melbourne on the 3rd April, PANIC se in, we agreed to reduce the house again this time by £19,950 to take us into the lesser price bracket from a search perspective.

When we rang the EA this morning he asked us to wait until later today as he had a family interested who were going to speak to a mortgage advisor, they don't want to look at the house until they know they can afford it - watch this space, rather than cleaning though (Which we need to do as we are still working with the keep messy theory and the house is a tip) we are just sat looking at the phone wishing it would ring and if my dad rings one more time I am going to scream:curse:

Trying not to get excited we have been here before and this would just be too good to be true and the children and I might not be too far behind Jason, which I can't see happening, ohh well. 1st day of Spring on Saturday.

GOOD LUCK everyone,

Tracy
Good luck Tracy. Let's hope they come through for you

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
No damage. Although we did feel it here. The bed and the wardrobe doors were all rattling and shaking. My OH thought it was my son getting a drink
Jason told me to go back to sleep initially as it was the wind, not sure why he thought that as it sounded as though someone was trying to open our bedroom door, it was only when I juped out of bed and told him I thought someone was in the house he moved. Must be a man thing
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck Tracy. Let's hope they come through for you

Janine

Thanks Janine, but I am not thinking about it or getting excited, can see Jason having fun in Oz and the kids and I being stuck here for at least 6 months Am getting really down about the whole thing.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:17 pm
aka bunja

Jason told me to go back to sleep initially as it was the wind, not sure why he thought that as it sounded as though someone was trying to open our bedroom door, it was only when I juped out of bed and told him I thought someone was in the house he moved. Must be a man thing
Agree with you there Tracy. Considering my son is only 5 I still don't know how he thought he could have made that much noise or made everything rattle I've never seen him jump out of bed so quick though
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:20 pm
aka bunja

Thanks Janine, but I am not thinking about it or getting excited, can see Jason having fun in Oz and the kids and I being stuck here for at least 6 months Am getting really down about the whole thing.
I can understand how you must feel. You made the decision to go down under together but you both can't go at this time. I'm sure your time will be soon.

I know about feeling down. I've only been on the market about a week and we've had no vieweings or anything. Apparently EA says because the EPC isn't ready they can't sen out the details. But it is appearing the property paper this week. So hopefully, with a bit of luck we'll get something from that.

Fingers crossed for both of us

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

RUbbish.....the HIP only has to be ordered before you can market the property, (send out details, board, internet, paper) so your EA is talking poop.

Anyway good luck.

Bushy the EA.

I can understand how you must feel. You made the decision to go down under together but you both can't go at this time. I'm sure your time will be soon.

I know about feeling down. I've only been on the market about a week and we've had no vieweings or anything. Apparently EA says because the EPC isn't ready they can't sen out the details. But it is appearing the property paper this week. So hopefully, with a bit of luck we'll get something from that.

Fingers crossed for both of us

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bushman
RUbbish.....the HIP only has to be ordered before you can market the property, (send out details, board, internet, paper) so your EA is talking poop.

Anyway good luck.

Bushy the EA.
Ours has been on the market for 4 weeks & we haven't got our HIP yet! (it has been ordered & paid for but not done yet!)
Some houses get sold & the HIP isn't even ready
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

No damage, had visions thou of going outside this morning and there being a big crack up the side of the house but luckily nothing.

Well the couple interested in our house and another have put in an offer on the other property :curse: but it was refused So EA called them again on sunday to discuss our property with them and they are thinking about it. Have just called him this morning and he is going to call them again today and then call me back. Think he is going to push for an offer i really hope so

Think you are right fly away these people need a lot more time to think about what they are doing. They have told EA that this is going to be their last move so they want to make sure it is right. God the other property is on for 30k and area is not as desirable as ours. The only concern they have about our property is that it is on a main road and they are worried it will be noisy!!!!! Its fine thou not noisy at all. Oh please let there be a god and let them put an offer in.......................Anyway should know 1 way or the other today
x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Janine and Tracey, hold on in there it will happen. I think you're wise just to carry on getting ready for April Tracy. Things might just fall into place.

As Bushey and Tawkins said, the HIP is not an excuse.

Congrats to Tawkins on her visa today!!! Now the pressure is on to sell that house!

Good luck to you all.

I am still waiting for the phone to ring..... maybe going a bit mental...going out this arvo so stuff the lot of them, they can wait!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
No damage, had visions thou of going outside this morning and there being a big crack up the side of the house but luckily nothing.

Well the couple interested in our house and another have put in an offer on the other property :curse: but it was refused So EA called them again on sunday to discuss our property with them and they are thinking about it. Have just called him this morning and he is going to call them again today and then call me back. Think he is going to push for an offer i really hope so

Think you are right fly away these people need a lot more time to think about what they are doing. They have told EA that this is going to be their last move so they want to make sure it is right. God the other property is on for 30k and area is not as desirable as ours. The only concern they have about our property is that it is on a main road and they are worried it will be noisy!!!!! Its fine thou not noisy at all. Oh please let there be a god and let them put an offer in.......................Anyway should know 1 way or the other today
x
So glad to hear all is not lost! Haha, that they had their offer refused on the other house. Hope it was at the top of their budget - making yours look a good deal. Sounds like they are ponderers, but being older, they are less likely to let you down if they do make an offer.

Fingers crossed and Ks snt for you today.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:46 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by Bushman

Anyway good luck.

Bushy the EA.
I think you're probably right, Bushman. I think it's more to do with him being very conscientious. After all, he didn't want to take a photo of the front of the house until it was the right light

Thanks for the luck, I'm probably going to need it.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:49 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Ours has been on the market for 4 weeks & we haven't got our HIP yet! (it has been ordered & paid for but not done yet!)
Some houses get sold & the HIP isn't even ready
Hi Tawkins, he seemed to be suggesting it was the Energy certificate had to be on the details. Oh, well we'll just have to wait and be patient

Congrats on your visa. It' a great feeling when you get it, isn't it

Whereabouts in Perth are you heading. We've bought a plot of land in Jindalee which is next door to Quinns Rocks. 10 mins walk to the beach
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:52 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spaceys

x

Keeping fingers, toes, arms & legs crossed 4 you!
Hurry up & let us know tho cos its gonna be a killer getting round today with everthing crossed!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:56 pm
aka bunja

OH MY GOOD GOD. The EA has just phoned.

WE GOT A VIEWING. Tommorow 10am. How the hell am I going to last until then?

Good thing I cleaned yesterday.

Janine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.