Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:52 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Icarus, whereabouts in Lincs are you? My mum lives in Spalding.

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:54 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just rung the EA........asked for an update.....and guess what?......no-one has requested the spec on our house this or last week
So I have reduced by yet another £10k...........now at £159,995........£40k off the original asking price. Surely somebody would at least want to view it now?
Basically can't accept any offers below this price as it's the very lowest we can go without going into negative equity.......so wish me luck girls........think I'm going to need it!!!!
Beth x x
Good luck Beth, hopefully it will stir up more interest for you.

Originally Posted by THORPES
I am now a whinging pom house seller.

We have put our house on market last Saturday and I am already stressed becuase no one has called to view yet. I know the house market has slowed down but a neighbour of ours sold hers in 3 days for 10k more than we are asking. Its the same house except hers has a conservatory and ours has a big drive and garage.
I feel in competition with her and I know I shouldnt.
It must be cos of the emotions with visa and everything. I will try to calm down.
Good luck being sent your way for some viewers. Where are all the buyers?

Hey FA - first time for multi-quote!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:57 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Icarus, where abouts in Lincs are you? My mum lives in Spalding.

Janine
Sleaford , 30 mins up a bit from Spalding
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on the multquote Nicky!

Just wanted to warn you guys not to go into the Feb applicants thread. Someone in there sold his house in 2 days.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:08 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

It must be cos of the emotions with visa and everything. I will try to calm down.
Absolutely right....now come & relax on the leather sofa, close your eyes & imagine clear, blue, water.....

Welcome to the thread - you'll find plenty of support here (sssh they're all a bunch of nutters really, but we'll just humour them )

Keeping my fingers crossed that you bring some good luck to the thread
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:23 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

YEAH!!!!!! I found someone on here who likes my type of music

Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I know - we had 3 months of it over Christmas. Changing EA really helped us, (or the market picked up.

That's the same as us Hayles, it's all very uncertain isn't it?

Well, blow me down with a feather... Just had feedback. The viewer was actually viewing for his son as he is looking to buy him a house. FOR CASH! Wants a quick sale - which we can do as we can move into our rental flat. He said he would put in an offer - but is still thinking about another house... worried about a window overlooking the house from next door - about 200 yards away. I think this is a red herring. I will try not to think about it, cash buyers are a loose cannon. EEEKKK
Am keeping everything crossed for you. Know what you mean about loose cannons and cash buyers. How are you doing?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All. New to this thread but I too am a whinging pom house seller
House been on the market for 4 weeks, had 1st viewer last Thursday who was really keen, even asked to call back with her OH then nothing! The only number the EA had for her was a mobile which she didn't answer & hasn't called them back with feedback

Turns out she has bought the house next door & just wanted a nose
Just rung the EA........asked for an update.....and guess what?......no-one has requested the spec on our house this or last week
So I have reduced by yet another £10k...........now at £159,995........£40k off the original asking price. Surely somebody would at least want to view it now?
Basically can't accept any offers below this price as it's the very lowest we can go without going into negative equity.......so wish me luck girls........think I'm going to need it!!!!
Beth x x
All the best Beth, am thinking of you hun.

I am now a whinging pom house seller.

We have put our house on market last Saturday and I am already stressed becuase no one has called to view yet. I know the house market has slowed down but a neighbour of ours sold hers in 3 days for 10k more than we are asking. Its the same house except hers has a conservatory and ours has a big drive and garage.
I feel in competition with her and I know I shouldnt.
Hi and welcome!!!! We're all totally wired here so no chance of keeping calm.

Originally Posted by wardy2
OMG.....The EA just rang after 8 hours of being on the market we have a first viewing on Thursday.

Headless chicken comes to mind

That's great news! Have fun cleaning, will be keeping everything crossed for you.
kaye
No news here :curse:
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

YEAH!!!!!! I found someone on here who likes my type of music

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...caf32686b5.gif

Beth x x

who ?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:27 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
who ?
YOU you nutter!!!!
Have to say I was a bit worried when I saw 'only yesterday' by the Carpenters.....LOL (I bought their 'best of' album too though....hee hee)
My favourite song ever is 'I Disappear' by Metallica.......brilliant!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:32 am
Handsome Internet Guy

YOU you nutter!!!!
Have to say I was a bit worried when I saw 'only yesterday' by the Carpenters.....LOL (I bought their 'best of' album too though....hee hee)
My favourite song ever is 'I Disappear' by Metallica.......brilliant!!!
Beth x x
Yay , hmmm Karen is fab !! , its in my other Playlist tho , the occasional things i listen to .

ttfn
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All. New to this thread but I too am a whinging pom house seller
House been on the market for 4 weeks, had 1st viewer last Thursday who was really keen, even asked to call back with her OH then nothing! The only number the EA had for her was a mobile which she didn't answer & hasn't called them back with feedback
Turns out she has bought the house next door & just wanted a nose :curse:
Sorry Tawkins, did quote you but my reply got lost in cyber land...

Can't say what I feel about that viewer...I'd get banned! Hope you get some joy soon and welcome.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:09 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, just noticed you had your skills assessment with Engineers Aust. What's your job? My hubby had to go through them to, as a civil engineering technologist.
Beth x x
Hi Beth.
Hubby is a Mechanical Engineer, I am a hairdresser. I didn't get my skills assessed cos it was too complicated! Good job we didn't need the points
Dawn x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:11 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Sorry Tawkins, did quote you but my reply got lost in cyber land...

Can't say what I feel about that viewer...I'd get banned! Hope you get some joy soon and welcome.
Thats probably why it got lost!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats probably why it got lost!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Missives finally signed, now we can begin planning our move and booking tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.