Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

thanks all, but you just get to the stage when you dont beleive it is ever going to happen

Well done on getting your visa, just noticed. Its a great feeling isnt it especially like us didnt use an agent and did all the hard work yourselves
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Tawkins on getting your visa!!!!

Janine, will be keeping everything crossed for you. You timed the cleaning well!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
OH MY GOOD GOD. The EA has just phoned.

WE GOT A VIEWING. Tommorow 10am. How the hell am I going to last until then?

Good thing I cleaned yesterday.

Janine
WOOHOO!!! Well done!! Fingers and toes crossed. OOps, they are already all crossed, so I'll cross my arms and legs.

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

Janine, will be keeping everything crossed for you. You timed the cleaning well!

Hi Sparky W, how are you today?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
thanks all, but you just get to the stage when you dont beleive it is ever going to happen

Well done on getting your visa, just noticed. Its a great feeling isnt it especially like us didnt use an agent and did all the hard work yourselves
It will happen for you. It's like when you're waiting for the visa. You start imanging that you're not going to be accepted and things start running through brain, causing it to go into overdrive.

The problem will all have is that we have no control over it and that's what does our heads in.

Trouble is, now I've done all the cleaning, I don't what I'm going to do with myself for the day now.

Looks like I'll be on BE most of the day then (no change there ).

Anyone got any tips on how to fold toilet roll

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Janine, that is funny, my 6ft 16 year old couldn't have made things rattle like that so a 5 year old had no chance

Your EA is talking poo, as long as it is ordered you are OK, if you are not getting it through them they will need confirmation from the company that it has been ordered but that is it, it took us ages to get ours. Cheer up, we will all get though this and sell eventually

Spaceys I made Jason check our house, it is newish and not built very well, would not recommend Persimmon at all they are rubbish, when Jason mentioned a quake this morning, it was like ohh god you had better check for huge cracks, that would be all we would need Good Luck hopefully you will get an offer.

Hi Flyaway, you are right and it might just all fall into place, but I just can't see it, really need to snap out of this mood as I am not doing myself any favours. Have a lovely afternoon, think that is what I need just to get away and not to think about it for a few hours.

Tawkins - Congrats on the visa

Even if our EA rings us back, he has said before he would ring, but doesn't, but Jason has been on the phone ALL morning so he couldn't get through anyhow. Jason gave his 4 weeks notice yesterday so everyone is panicing now that his projects will fall apartl and not get done so he is going to be very busy this next 4 weeks
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:07 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOOHOO!!! Well done!! Fingers and toes crossed. OOps, they are already all crossed, so I'll cross my arms and legs.
Thanks Fly. I don't know how I'm going to be able to open the door tomorrow with all these limbs crossed

Any more news on your viewer?

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

OH MY GOOD GOD. The EA has just phoned.

WE GOT A VIEWING. Tommorow 10am. How the hell am I going to last until then?

Good thing I cleaned yesterday.

Janine
Janine -this is GREAT news, fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Still waiting, hanging in there...thinking that nothing will happen, resigned myself to it and am actually doing ok.

What about you Fly Away?

Janine, have no advice, cause I know I couldn't settle. Any mags and bars of choc that need devouring...(damn, just let my secret slip out )
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fly. I don't know how I'm going to be able to open the door tomorrow with all these limbs crossed

Any more news on your viewer?

Janine
PMSL. that would look mighty strange to your viewer!

I'm sure it will go well!

No news with us..not sure if we even want this guy to offer - there seem to be so many problems with his situation and we wouldn't want to take the house off the market at such a good time of year, just for him to pull out after Easter. (I have no trust left in buyers)

Tracy - I'm at our rental flat having carpets laid - so no fun, but at least away from the phone. You should do the same and go and have some fun somewhere - it'll make you feel better.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still waiting, hanging in there...thinking that nothing will happen, resigned myself to it and am actually doing ok.

What about you Fly Away?

Janine, have no advice, cause I know I couldn't settle. Any mags and bars of choc that need devouring...(damn, just let my secret slip out )
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Sometimes assuming the worst helps as you aren't disappointed.

Have you been stealing my secrets?? I never read Heat before now and all of a sudden, here I am at 42 yars old, reading it every week for a bit of escapism.

I did sort out a huge chest of papers yesterday afternoon - 4 bags went out for recycling today. That helped, to be doing something positive.

Good luck hun, hope you hear REALLY soon before your head explodes.xxx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:23 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

No damage. Although we did feel it here. The bed and the wardrobe doors were all rattling and shaking. My OH thought it was my son getting a drink
yeah it was a rattling , no damage here so alls good
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Sometimes assuming the worst helps as you aren't disappointed.

Exactly. I think they do want the house, live literally down the road, (FTB), but think they may be struggling to get a mortgage. (Which throws up questions).

Have you been stealing my secrets?? I never read Heat before now and all of a sudden, here I am at 42 yars old, reading it every week for a bit of escapism.

I did sort out a huge chest of papers yesterday afternoon - 4 bags went out for recycling today. That helped, to be doing something positive.

That's great, that will be what we are doing this weekend. Daunting, but needs to be done.

Good luck hun, hope you hear REALLY soon before your head explodes.xxx
Cheers. hope you do too, understand your feelings towards your last viewers.

Seven weeks today, wow! Where has the time gone??!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Cheers. hope you do too, understand your feelings towards your last viewers.

Seven weeks today, wow! Where has the time gone??!!
i know how you feel, 4 weeks today for us have got 2 weeks left at work and then the shippers are coming in

Am just so frustrated thou because everything else has gone to plan and the only thing that hasnt is selling the house. Are you going to leave it here on the market?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaceys
i know how you feel, 4 weeks today for us have got 2 weeks left at work and then the shippers are coming in

. How are you holding up?

Am just so frustrated thou because everything else has gone to plan and the only thing that hasnt is selling the house. Are you going to leave it here on the market?
Yes, we are leaving it on the market...if we were to have any joy before we left, we are starting to look at a mad panic to get everything organised. (Contents wise.)

I feel the frustration, it sucks, but we'll get there!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:47 pm
aka bunja

I have been keeping myself busy since we put it on the market.

I've phoned some shippers and had one round today for a quote, so am going a couple more round as well.

I want to be as proactive as I can so that when we do sell I will be on top of it all and can just get on with it with as little of fuss as possible.

Well, that's the plan anyway

I might have to go and do some gardening now, which I hate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.