Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:27 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Guys

Our viewer at the weekend loved the house. Shame they couldn't afford it Why bloody view it then?

aaagghhhhh baffoons !
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Got the extra, we went half way, phoned us back in two minutes, am not joking.

Just pleading that it doesn't fall through.

If you saw me now, I am in a right state.

Hopefully this will be all done and dusted Janine very soon

Spaceys, I think the headbanging did work!!!

Thanks Gonnago, Icarus and Tawkins and Wardy
WOOHOO!!!! Congrats SW!!!!

Blinkin heck, go out for the afternoon and miss all the drama!!!

Very excited for you!!!

Back soon after school run

xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:33 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS SW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me next, me next, me next!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:49 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

SPARKY WIFE!!!!

I've been sorting out Court stuff all afternoon & can't believe I've missed this drama!!!

Oh honey, I'm so pleased for you all

Just try & stay calm now, everything will seem like it's going at snail's pace at first, but then before you know it you'll be off

Very well done - you so deserve this break
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

So pleased for you I have everything crossed it all goes to plan for you.
Not on webmuch but glad I saw your thread It gives us all hope things are now moving at last.
Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maisey
Congratulations Sparky so pleased for you. Hope it all goes smoothly. Nice to hear some positive news. Am watching this thread quietly.

Update on us - so far 12 viewings price down £10k another three viewings last saturday. Last week had a second viewing - not even bothered to return EA phonecalls -so frustrating. Still waitng for feedback for one of saturdays - not replying to answerphone messages from EA. Other two 1. bedrooms too small - can't they read details as room sizes there! 2. Loved kitchen, loved west facing garden - funny feeling about road to the side of the house. (can't see it from our house, have no bother from it)
Excuse me - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Sorry needed that.
On a lighter note the lady who made a private offer has her house on market now and wants to bring her Mother around tomorrow.

Hi Maisey

That sound promising for tomorrow I have everything crossed for you.

I have had 7 vviewingsno one made a offer . 2 of mine haven't even bothered to return EA call. I was going to cancel my EA but found i have to pay £585 plus vat. So hang on a bit longer now the market is now starting to pick up. We live on a main road but it has never bothered us. We just fell in love with the house. But I know it will happen for us all soon.
All the best for tomorrow Maisey.
Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:14 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

To come straight back to you shows they are very keen SW. I think I shall also be doing some head banging.

Originally Posted by ANNE&JAY
CONGRATULATIONS SPARKY WIFE!
It's a bloody great feeling to have accepted an offer. We are in the same position as you with FTB. Our survey was done within 10 days and they are getting it back today so fingers crossed everything will be hunkydory I'm still scared to book the flights but probably will as soon as we hear survey is ok.OOOOOO I'm so excited for you.
Wishing you all the luck in the world Annexxx
Good luck Anne. Fingers crossed for you.

Congratulations Sparky so pleased for you. Hope it all goes smoothly. Nice to hear some positive news. Am watching this thread quietly.

Update on us - so far 12 viewings price down £10k another three viewings last saturday. Last week had a second viewing - not even bothered to return EA phonecalls -so frustrating. Still waitng for feedback for one of saturdays - not replying to answerphone messages from EA. Other two 1. bedrooms too small - can't they read details as room sizes there! 2. Loved kitchen, loved west facing garden - funny feeling about road to the side of the house. (can't see it from our house, have no bother from it)
On a lighter note the lady who made a private offer has her house on market now and wants to bring her Mother around tomorrow.
I totally agree with you Maisey. It seems that people can't read specs properly and have no idea about measurements anyway

good news about your private offer. As someone else said, bringing the mother around is very positive.

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well EA just called and the couple that liked our house are not going to put in an offer on our house because of main road, love the property but dont want to be on main road. Feel very fed up now
Oh Spaceys, what a bummer try and keep your chin up, I know its hard.

Hi Guys

Our viewer at the weekend loved the house. Shame they couldn't afford it Why bloody view it then?

Got another viewer on Monday from out of area. Fingers crossed
Bl**dy people :curse: good luck for the viewers on Mondy.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Beth x x
Fingers crossed for you Beth.

Janine
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Well EA just called and the couple that liked our house are not going to put in an offer on our house because of main road, love the property but dont want to be on main road. Feel very fed up now

Hi Spaceys have you thought they may just be saying that hoping you lower the price ? Then again they may be sat waiting to see if you get any other offers first. They knew you lived on a main road before they even came to look . You did say they liked the house apart from that. Plus if no on has offered then they may be sat waiting people do this .

I am in the same position as i live on a main road too. but to be honest it never bothered me when i bought the house.

Keep you chin up sweet the market is slowly picking up.
Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOOHOO!!!! Congrats SW!!!!

Blinkin heck, go out for the afternoon and miss all the drama!!!

Very excited for you!!!

Back soon after school run

xxxx
Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Beth x x
Originally Posted by JenniGee
SPARKY WIFE!!!!

I've been sorting out Court stuff all afternoon & can't believe I've missed this drama!!!

Oh honey, I'm so pleased for you all

Just try & stay calm now, everything will seem like it's going at snail's pace at first, but then before you know it you'll be off

Very well done - you so deserve this break
Originally Posted by corgi
So pleased for you I have everything crossed it all goes to plan for you.
Not on webmuch but glad I saw your thread It gives us all hope things are now moving at last.
Julie
Thanks guys, will be waiting with baited breath for the next few weeks and am sending lots of vibes.
Jenni, how's everything going with you?

Janine, they viewed it before Xmas, must have been watching closely.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

When I sold my last house (in 5 weeks GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR) they were FTB's......and young.....so they viewed the house with both sets of their parents
Put an offer in an hour later.......for £5k under asking price.......we said £2.5k higher and we'd accept. They agreed.
One week later they asked if they could come around again to measure up for furniture etc......ok I said......OMG......they brought both sets of parents (again), brothers, sisters, cousin, aunt, uncle and a grandmother.........all with measuring tapes!!!!!
Anyway......we completed about 6 weeks later with no problems.
Really hope the bloody Waltons don't want to view this house I'm selling!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Well done thats great news
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:30 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Was I meant to stipulate that when they
accepted?
Oh that is fantastic news Sparky, hope it all goes through quickly for you now.

You would have thought 12 viewers would bring one buyer wouldn't you? Why don't they just have the manners to let you know why? It will sell soon.

Is it a really busy road then? Do they not know the area? Waste of time.

Hi Guys

Got another viewer on Monday from out of area. Fingers crossed
Surely the EA knows what their budget is, I wouldn't go to look and waste everyone's time including my own, if I couldn't afford it.

Hi Maisey

I have had 7 vviewingsno one made a offer . 2 of mine haven't even bothered to return EA call. I was going to cancel my EA but found i have to pay £585 plus vat. So hang on a bit longer now the market is now starting to pick up. We live on a main road but it has never bothered us. We just fell in love with the house. But I know it will happen for us all soon.
Julie

Hopefully Julie it is going to be better in March with more viewers coming on to the books. We will all sell eventually I suppose.

Good luck for tomorrow Maisey.

Any more news Fly?

Can't believe how much has gone on today, can't keep up but am addicted to seeing how everyone is doing.

Nicky xx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Ive got an viewer in an hour been cleaning all day!
Better be worth it!
EA calls you get all hopeful these might be the ones spend all day cleaning getting more stressed all day shout at the kids for beinging in the house! Then they are never heard from again!
Lorna
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maisey

Julie

Sorry should read no one has made a offer Guess its just wishfull thing.

Not on web much so Good luck to you all . Sending you all loads of good vibes.
Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:33 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Ive got an viewer in an hour been cleaning all day!
Better be worth it!
EA calls you get all hopeful these might be the ones spend all day cleaning getting more stressed all day shout at the kids for beinging in the house! Then they are never heard from again!
Lorna
Good luck Lorna.......will keep my fingers crossed for you hun
Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.