Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:02 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi again Nicky,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We would have accepted a lower offer on this house 6 months ago if we'd known what we know now too. At least your husband has had a comfortable time during his treatment. You have been saved the stress of selling and moving during his treatment too.

As you say, you just need one person to love your house and it is game on. After all you have been through, I'm sure you deserve some good luck and hopefully that person will turn up very soon.
Thanks for that. I wish you all the luck in the world selling your properties.
And me ha ha!!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hi everyone well surveyor has been its just a lenders survey so fingers crossed it will be ok. They said it goes via email so buyers may have their mortgage offer by end of next week so we may be exchanging pretty quick if thats the case
Scary stuff isn't it? We have our surveyors coming on monday afternoon. Not sure what they will do but they said it was a basic survey. I don't know where to start regarding all the 'to do lists', so i've done nothing and just keep reading BE
Anne xxx
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Our viewer that came for the 2nd time on wednesday seemed keen, i just let him go around by himself. He said he wanted to check we had enough land down the side and round the back.
Went to see EA yesterday they said he had seen 2 for the 2nd time and would give them an answer on friday as to which one he wanted. So will find out today if he wants our house! Soo stressed

Lorna
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

That sounds promising I know what you mean this is the stressful part!
Send you some karma if I can
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Well Ea just phoned viewer said ours was on short list but decided to go with another one. I'm so fed up dont feel like its ever going to sell, feel like giving up with the whole thing whats the point.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:24 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Well Ea just phoned viewer said ours was on short list but decided to go with another one. I'm so fed up dont feel like its ever going to sell, feel like giving up with the whole thing whats the point.
Oh sorry to hear that. You're not alone though, hey I've only had one viewer since last April!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna,

Don't despair - it shows your house is saleable - and now the competition is sold too.

As Beth said, we are all in this together. We have been on the market since last May and have one failed sale behind us and only 1 viewing since last October... We have to believe it can happen or it won't..

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 14th 2008 at 10:53 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Dont despair we do all feel the same. I am flying in less than 6 weeks now and am going to have to leave house to sell. Have just dropped price for the 3rd time so fingers crossed
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:56 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Dont despair we do all feel the same. I am flying in less than 6 weeks now and am going to have to leave house to sell. Have just dropped price for the 3rd time so fingers crossed
Just rang my EA and told them to drop another £10k off the price, and they said NO!!!!!!!!!
So we will leave it as it is for another week to see if anyone books a viewing first.
Beth x x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:59 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give up Lorna. You've got to be positive

Had another EA round today. Actually he was really nice. He gave a good valuation was quite gushing on how lovely he thought the house was.

The company that do the HIPs through them only charge £250.

Got another one this evening and then we'll be making a decision.

Janine
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well we thought we would drop because we were over the 300k mark before so stamp duty is nearly 10k so i think we have done the right thing........only time will tell.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just rang my EA and told them to drop another £10k off the price, and they said NO!!!!!!!!!
So we will leave it as it is for another week to see if anyone books a viewing first.
Beth x x
That's what ours is like. I think they are trying to stop property prices sliding We are waiting to see what happens this week and then tell the buggers they will have to reduce the price or else we will go with someone else who will.

We had a letter from a new EA - who I notice is selling another house in our village. They seem to have a different approach. I might get them in for a valuation to see what they say. No harm doing that.

Sending Ks for good luck - if it lets me - there must e a buyer out there somewhere!

Originally Posted by KevinJanine

Had another EA round today. Actually he was really nice. He gave a good valuation was quite gushing on how lovely he thought the house was.

Janine
Good luck Janine. £250 is about the cheapest you can get, so that's an honest price.

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well we thought we would drop because we were over the 300k mark before so stamp duty is nearly 10k so i think we have done the right thing........only time will tell.
I'm sure you have. It's a psychological thing - people hate paying stamp duty.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Where's all the house buyers gone? There's loads of houses up for sale in our area so why's no one moving - its like stalemate!

We had a second viewing on Wednesday, but they haven't even got back to the EAs, so I guess that one's a no goer.
We are really pleased that we seem to be getting the viewers through the door, so will just have to keep waiting for the Spring when apparently people suddenly buying houses (ccording to our EA)

Good luck to everyone for a lucky weekend, its supposed to be nice weather again

Sam
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:54 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna, really sorry you missed out this time, did they say why they haven't picked yours?

Have you changed EA I think I saw it in the paper the other night with Jan Foster or are you with someone on Chilly Road do you mind me asking who you are using. Would you reccommend them?

We have EA coming Monday to take pics so hopefully will be on market soon.

Hopefully you will get some viewings this weekend

Best of luck

Kaye x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:57 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KevinJanine

Janine

I found it very difficult telling EA's the decision its like telling people they didnt get the job I left that bit to hubby.

Just hope we have made the right choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.