Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:05 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Can you Adam and Eve it?!!!!!! My 3 year old has just scribbled all over my cream leather settee in blue biro!!!!!!!!!!
That's it......I've had enough!!!!!!!!!! *@%+!~#>:';@<!!!! :curse::curse:
Where's the alcohol!!!!
Beth hic
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:06 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Can you Adam and Eve it?!!!!!! My 3 year old has just scribbled all over my cream leather settee in blue biro!!!!!!!!!!
Where's the alcohol!!!!
Beth hic
cheers beth

I'm sure there are ways to remove it
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:10 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
cheers beth

I'm sure there are ways to remove it
It's not coming off........going to get pi**ed now to forget about it
Beth x x
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

It's not coming off........going to get pi**ed now to forget about it
Beth x x
OMG - try hairspray - I'm sure that's what does the trick. If that fails drink a bottle of vodka.

Sending a big (((()))) life's a shit isn't it?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:05 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the alcohol!!!!
Beth hic
Beth, try hairspray. My daughter put permanent marker pen all over my brand new table and that got it off no worries.

If that fails, there's always the bottom of the gin bottle

Janine
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:15 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, we have news.

Just had a phone call from the EA. A woman has just been in the office having driven past our house and wants to view. the trouble is, she wanted to view NOW. I am still on the sofa, running a temperature with a mountain of tissues all around and the house hasn't been cleaned for a week as we are all so ill. So I said it was impossible, but next week would be good. So now she is coming Wed - phew - I hate saying no, but there is no way I can even make the beds today feeling as ill as I do.

So, I was slagging the EA off for nothing.
Hi all - brilliant FA a viewing from a drive by is a good sign because they obviously like the area and the house. Always the way that they want to come when the house is not looking its best.
Ours is back in the paper again this week but don't hold out much hope as it is top end and the houses don't seem to be moving. There are a lot of houses around here that are sold but not our type of house. We also do not get any drive by people here, not that we have a board up anyway.
I thought stupidly that it would get sold as soon as it went on sale, how wrong can you get. I am even going to stop folding the loo paper now!!!

Lets hope the weekend is a good one.

Nicky xx
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi all - brilliant FA a viewing from a drive by is a good sign because they obviously like the area and the house. Always the way that they want to come when the house is not looking its best.
Ours is back in the paper again this week but don't hold out much hope as it is top end and the houses don't seem to be moving. There are a lot of houses around here that are sold but not our type of house. We also do not get any drive by people here, not that we have a board up anyway.
I thought stupidly that it would get sold as soon as it went on sale, how wrong can you get. I am even going to stop folding the loo paper now!!!

Lets hope the weekend is a good one.

Nicky xx
Thanks Nicky.

I hope making her wait will make her a little keener.

Top end houses aren't moving, as we know I feel your frustration. How come you don't have a board up? We found that we got quite a few enquiries when we were on Houseladder, just from the board.

A sale must happen at some point, we've just got to keep the faith.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:41 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Nicky.

I hope making her wait will make her a little keener.

Top end houses aren't moving, as we know I feel your frustration. How come you don't have a board up? We found that we got quite a few enquiries when we were on Houseladder, just from the board.

A sale must happen at some point, we've just got to keep the faith.
No board because nobody drives by here. Although within walking distance of Hoddesdon in Herts we are up towards a wooded area with just a handful of houses and there is just nobody that would see it apart from the other houses here. We do back on to a park and I suppose we could have one there but hadn't really thought about it.
Wouldn't it be great if you sell it to this one. What a stroke of luck that would be and we could all do with some luck right now. I don't even know what the stamp duty is as that must make a hell of a difference to the overall prices.

Nicky
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No board because nobody drives by here. Although within walking distance of Hoddesdon in Herts we are up towards a wooded area with just a handful of houses and there is just nobody that would see it apart from the other houses here. We do back on to a park and I suppose we could have one there but hadn't really thought about it.
Wouldn't it be great if you sell it to this one. What a stroke of luck that would be and we could all do with some luck right now. I don't even know what the stamp duty is as that must make a hell of a difference to the overall prices.

Nicky
You should have a board - even if it is just to let your neighbours know. They might tell a friend or a relative. When we were looking for this house, we used to drive down dead ends etc to look for places we didn't pass normally.

I daren't even think about selling just now. I am just concentrating on the viewing. I have been disappointed so many times.

Stamp duty is about £30k on this house. GULP!

Keep folding the loo roll if it helps hun!! I might give it a go on Wed!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:56 am

You should have a board - even if it is just to let your neighbours know. They might tell a friend or a relative. When we were looking for this house, we used to drive down dead ends etc to look for places we didn't pass normally.

I daren't even think about selling just now. I am just concentrating on the viewing. I have been disappointed so many times.

Stamp duty is about £30k on this house. GULP!

Keep folding the loo roll if it helps hun!! I might give it a go on Wed!
Hey there is an art to folding loo roll you know, not everyone can do it!! I might even start ironing the duvet covers whilst on the bed too. Might think about a board in the park. Ours is up for £750k at the moment and would willingly take £700k if anyone would bloody offer. We had valuations ranging from 600-800k (the lowest being based on supposedly comparable houses). One agent even told us to spend £130k on extending the kitchen, which is already big, to make it worth the 700k, what a load of tossers. I actually think 700k is realistic so lets hope others do to. There is a lot of dodgy dealings going on with ours because it was the dodgy EA old house before his divorce and I am positive that he wanted it back at the right cost to him of course.
People are afraid to spend the money on these houses and I would too if I was looking the way the scare mongering is going on.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey there is an art to folding loo roll you know, not everyone can do it!! I might even start ironing the duvet covers whilst on the bed too. Might think about a board in the park. Ours is up for £750k at the moment and would willingly take £700k if anyone would bloody offer. We had valuations ranging from 600-800k (the lowest being based on supposedly comparable houses). One agent even told us to spend £130k on extending the kitchen, which is already big, to make it worth the 700k, what a load of tossers. I actually think 700k is realistic so lets hope others do to. There is a lot of dodgy dealings going on with ours because it was the dodgy EA old house before his divorce and I am positive that he wanted it back at the right cost to him of course.
People are afraid to spend the money on these houses and I would too if I was looking the way the scare mongering is going on.
PMSL!! I must study the loo roll technique hand book. I have nice colour co-ordinated throws for the beds. No duvet cover ironing for me. I have als got special white fluffy cushions which only come out for viewers. Sad, me? Never.

EAs make you mad don't they. Couldn't value their way out of a paper bag. Lots of the value of this house is in it's potential. We have planning permissions for all sorts plus there is a lot of land with it, which might make it appeal to a developer. EAs just look at a complex situation in horror.

Your dodgy EA definately sounds, well dodgy!! I wonder if he will get a stooge to put in an offer on his behalf??? A long time ago, I used to work for a mortage company investigating frauds by EAs and solicitors. You would not believe the stuff that goes on.:curse:

Let's just hope the economy picks up - when are the trader's bonuses paid???
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:23 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

EAs make you mad don't they. Couldn't value their way out of a paper bag.
Couldn't be more right.

Actually OH and I have discussed the fact these EAs seem to have oodles of money and we reckon they're onto a scam.

Value the house for the lowest possible, have some sneaky buyer waiting to buy it, then sell it on for an extra £50-80k more.

Hope that's not the case but are starting to think that it is likely. :curse::curse:

Beth, did you get the biro out yet

Janine (I'm on the gin now)

Last edited by Off2Oz; Feb 15th 2008 at 9:23 am. Reason: Can't spell - I'm pished :beer:
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Couldn't be more right. ::

Actually OH and I have discussed the fact these EAs seem to have oodles of money and we reckon they're onto a scam.

Value the house for the lowest possible, have some sneaky buyer waiting to buy it, then sell it on for an extra £50-80k more.

Hope that's not the case but are starting to think that it is likely.

Beth, did you get the biro out yet

Janine (I'm on the gin now)

This scam has been documented. Some EAs will tell clients they have no viewers - whilst turning away genuine enquiries. The seller then reduces the price of their property. The EAs mate then makes a low offer, which is accepted.:curse: I remember reading about a London EA who has been prosecuted for doing this.

Wouldn't surpise me if they were buying up property cheap at the moment, only to resell it at a later date.

When I was working in compliance in the 80's, I was told about an EA, a solicitor and a surveyor in cahoots who were inventing properties, then inventing buyers and applying for mortgages. Of course, because the loan was secured on a non existant property by a non existant person, the money could not be recovered. The fake mortages would be paid for a while, so nobody twigged that it was a fraud. Legislation has tightened up a lot since then, but I'm sure there are plenty of scams going.

The EAs may have plenty of money, but they have no style. Ours wears sovereign rings and patent crocodile loafers.

Hope your head isn't too bad tomorrow Janine.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:56 am
aka bunja

Hope your head isn't too bad tomorrow Janine.
Strangely, the head was fine. Starting to think I'm developing an immunity to it

Anybody got any good news to share. I, for one, really need to hear some good news

We have decided which EA we're going with. Ringing him on Monday to see if there is a deal to be done regarding fee. He originally quoted £3300 but am going to see if he will drop to £3000.

Incidentally he was the only one with lace ups. The complete and utter w***er wore BLACK PIN-STRIPE SUIT with BROWN LOAFERS

Janine
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:06 am

PMSL!! I must study the loo roll technique hand book. I have nice colour co-ordinated throws for the beds. No duvet cover ironing for me. I have als got special white fluffy cushions which only come out for viewers. Sad, me? Never.

EAs make you mad don't they. Couldn't value their way out of a paper bag. Lots of the value of this house is in it's potential. We have planning permissions for all sorts plus there is a lot of land with it, which might make it appeal to a developer. EAs just look at a complex situation in horror.

Your dodgy EA definately sounds, well dodgy!! I wonder if he will get a stooge to put in an offer on his behalf??? A long time ago, I used to work for a mortage company investigating frauds by EAs and solicitors. You would not believe the stuff that goes on.:curse:

Let's just hope the economy picks up - when are the trader's bonuses paid???
Hey been thinking about this selling lark from morning to night 24 hours a day and wondered maybe it would be a good idea to offer stamp duty as being paid. It probably amounts to quite a bit of money and as we would take 50k less in total (with the stamp duty) then it might inspire some lovely person. We have had all plans passed for extending further out and up so would be quite beneficial to somebody.
At this moment in time I just can't imagine waking up and thinking oh we are moving to the other side of the world in 2/4/6 weeks or whatever. Seems a long way off and if all of a sudden we sold would probably be really nervous about it all. Sorry to ramble on.

Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.