Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by graz79
Athelstone has gone...it er fell over in the floods and there is just a errrr

errrr

giant rubbish dump now all the way along the east side....

go to Perth, it is meant to be warmer!!

We looked at Athelstone but could not find anything below $400000 that wasn't your typical 3 bed bungalow with 700m2 plot.

Going to catch the tram down and meet the kids on the beach now...Tiggs has told me I have to drop her off and then go shopping cos she is "never taking those sodding kids to the shops again ever....i mean it....ever!!"
I think we'll come and check out Adelaide anyway....

PMSL at Tiggs. Little Flyaways new trick is to insist she needs the loo when she gets bored and then she won't use a public loo so she has to go home. She will happily spend hours looking in shops which interest her but go anywhere she doesn't want to go and within 5 mins we have this performance. It drives me potty. ()

Have fun at the beach, I'm not really jealous at all...
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't posted for a while as been so disheartened with selling...... but in the last 10 days after months of nothing, we've had cheeky offer from someone not seen property, 2 viewings, one second visit and a bit better offer, also someone else asking to view next weekend, so least it's looking up.

Wishing everyone else good luck with selling too
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Haven't posted for a while as been so disheartened with selling...... but in the last 10 days after months of nothing, we've had cheeky offer from someone not seen property, 2 viewings, one second visit and a bit better offer, also someone else asking to view next weekend, so least it's looking up.

Wishing everyone else good luck with selling too
That sounds VERY promising! Sending you house selling Ks for a good offer soon.

I spoke to our EA 2 days ago who said hold tight for 2-4 weeks as things are moving in the first time buyer market and things should filter through.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That sounds VERY promising! Sending you house selling Ks for a good offer soon.

I spoke to our EA 2 days ago who said hold tight for 2-4 weeks as things are moving in the first time buyer market and things should filter through.
House selling karma back at everyone, this is more stressful than the visa was LOL

Media hype doesn't help at all if anything it can cause a slow down, the different figures they bandy about to suit a story are just so silly, but 'individuals' are normally sensible but 'people' panic......... I'm crap with sayings but it's something like that
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by marvinc
House selling karma back at everyone, this is more stressful than the visa was LOL

Media hype doesn't help at all if anything it can cause a slow down, the different figures they bandy about to suit a story are just so silly, but 'individuals' are normally sensible but 'people' panic......... I'm crap with sayings but it's something like that
Thanks for the Ks

I agree, the media are responsible for most of the problems. However yesterday, they seemed to have moved off trying to crash the housing market and onto trying to cause a recession. An 'expert' actually said that house prices are not falling! However, this was followed by them saying so they don't need to drop the interest rate. You can understand why first time buyers are nervous if they hear this stuff day in, day out.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

I know exactly how you feel about being disheartened I havent posted for a while either. We are on with 3 EA's have given 1 months notice to 2 of them and am having another EA coming around today at 1pm. Thought we would give them a shot at it as their office is just up the round from us and my thinking is people will go there if they are looking in this particular are

Anyway will try anything, have dropped our price now by 20k so dont want to go no lower. We fly 9 weeks today so getting very anxious about house and would be soooo glad if it would even sell in the first half of the year..... before we go would be even better, heres wishing
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
I know exactly how you feel about being disheartened I havent posted for a while either. We are on with 3 EA's have given 1 months notice to 2 of them and am having another EA coming around today at 1pm. Thought we would give them a shot at it as their office is just up the round from us and my thinking is people will go there if they are looking in this particular are

Anyway will try anything, have dropped our price now by 20k so dont want to go no lower. We fly 9 weeks today so getting very anxious about house and would be soooo glad if it would even sell in the first half of the year..... before we go would be even better, heres wishing
Yeah, that's how we feel, would be so glad if it sold now, even though we weren't bothered originally. Sent you some karma.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Thanks Not doing a validation trip thou just going to leave house on market and go. Dont want to rent it out so it will be left empty, such a pain. Am going to apply to bank where we have our mortgage for a 'mortgage holiday' so at least that will give us 6 months of not paying the mortgage .

Just hope it sells by then. That will take us up til September
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the house selling K's!!

I hope they work!

I want to leave our house to sell and OH won't hear of it. It would be a different matter if he had a job to go to in Aus - so this is what I will be working on next!

Booked our meds today. EEK, it's getting real now. Have to sell this millstone.....

Good luck to you all this weekend. The weather forcast is good - hope the viewers are out looking for 'for sale' signs!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

New EA been round so lets see if they come up with the goods

They said our price was good and it is only 5 yrs old and looks like a new property we havent painted any of the walls in colour, all still buttermilk which looks fab and bright when the sun is shining. Anyway feel a bit hopeful lets see
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for karma boy do I need it
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=graz79;5830417]you wear that sexy little number you have on in your avatar and leave that hubby of yours in the UK and I might even find you a bed

Right Im (un) dressed - plane tickets in hand ....are you sure Graz? oh I cant wait hope you made my bed.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Still no news here with the indemnity policy etc. today was last exchange date to complete before end of the month so BANG goes another of my deadlines, I have given up now and am going with the flow....its hard cause I am the only one chasing - our buyers are so dopey!! GET THIS>.....they are still awaiting their mortgage offer - so I chased their mortgage consultant...

If ONE more person says 'I will get back to you' Im going to scream... luckily for them I was working this morning so have left them all alone but back on everyones case now!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spaceys
New EA been round so lets see if they come up with the goods

They said our price was good and it is only 5 yrs old and looks like a new property we havent painted any of the walls in colour, all still buttermilk which looks fab and bright when the sun is shining. Anyway feel a bit hopeful lets see
Sounds very good. Really hope that the new EA can bring in some more viewers. If they say the price is correct, at least you know you're not pricing your self out of the market. As I said the other day, our EA reckons the market is moving at the first time buyer end, so we should all see some progress in a few weeks. I have already noticed 2 more 'sold' signs round here - before that nothing for 3 months before Christmas.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:56 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Still no news on selling my house Nothing is selling where I live at the moment though
9 and a half months on the market now........
Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.