Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by egghead4
can I just ask, when do people have to be in oz?
we hve to be there before 20.06.08
I just hope we can sell the house before this creeps up on us!!!
bec
Do you mean to validate Bec? If so, we are Aug 08.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:35 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Do you mean to validate Bec? If so, we are Aug 08.
yeah, sorry I confuse myself sometimes
right, well I guess you are freaking out as much as me then
bec
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, sorry I confuse myself sometimes
right, well I guess you are freaking out as much as me then
bec
You can always fly out and validate then return at your final permanent moving date.

We're flying out in April, have allowed extra time for the house to sell. Initially I said that June would be a perfect time to sell because it would give us a bit of a feeling about Aus (only two months mind, not that long ) but with uncertainty with everything, am not sure. :curse:

How are you doing?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:48 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

You can always fly out and validate then return at your final permanent moving date.

We're flying out in April, have allowed extra time for the house to sell. Initially I said that June would be a perfect time to sell because it would give us a bit of a feeling about Aus (only two months mind, not that long ) but with uncertainty with everything, am not sure. :curse:

How are you doing?
we just want to sell the house and go to be honest. we dont want the extra expense of validating the visas before making the move, but to be honest thats whats gonna happen if we dont sell in time.
bec
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

we just want to sell the house and go to be honest. we dont want the extra expense of validating the visas before making the move, but to be honest thats whats gonna happen if we dont sell in time.
bec
Yep, that's what our thoughts were too about validating but I guess it is an option.

Saying that, we could be doing a form of validating...hopefully not though.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:56 am
egghead4+becky

Yep, that's what our thoughts were too about validating but I guess it is an option.

Saying that, we could be doing a form of validating...hopefully not though.

Fingers crossed for you.
cheers, lets hope that someone gets a sale soon
bec
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:16 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry girls it was me yesterday, got my logins, mixed up. Tiggs is still offline.

BUT the house inspection went fine, bit of damp in the bathroom (but we were ripping that out anyway) and the solar heating it 18 years old (they last about 20 apparently) but otherwise we are good.

We have been told we can bring the dog into the OAA house so that means we are only homeless for a fortnight between leaving there and getting settlement. Here's hoping.

Right, I am off to find caravan parks in North East Adelaide!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graz79
Sorry girls it was me yesterday, got my logins, mixed up. Tiggs is still offline.

BUT the house inspection went fine, bit of damp in the bathroom (but we were ripping that out anyway) and the solar heating it 18 years old (they last about 20 apparently) but otherwise we are good.

We have been told we can bring the dog into the OAA house so that means we are only homeless for a fortnight between leaving there and getting settlement. Here's hoping.

Right, I am off to find caravan parks in North East Adelaide!
Hiya Graz,

Yes, you did confuse me! I hope you've passed our posts onto Tiggs!

Good news the inspection went well! Have you persuaded the bank to lend you the dosh? Where is the new Tiggs Towers located?? Or are you too scared to tell us in case we come and visit you.

Have fun in the caravan. 2 weeks will feel like a holiday. Any more might be pushing it....
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Graz,

Yes, you did confuse me! I hope you've passed our posts onto Tiggs!

Good news the inspection went well! Have you persuaded the bank to lend you the dosh? Where is the new Tiggs Towers located?? Or are you too scared to tell us in case we come and visit you.

Have fun in the caravan. 2 weeks will feel like a holiday. Any more might be pushing it....
hi all weve sold at last
survey being done on friday all fingers crossed nothing goes t..s up
still got our reccie to do in a couple of weeks for our validation trip.....but if all goes well we should be out there may/june time
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hey congratulations Monmar - some good news at last

Graz/Flyaway - what do you mean visit T&G are our OAA - just a warning though Graz - we are hoping to head north east too
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monmar
hi all weve sold at last
survey being done on friday all fingers crossed nothing goes t..s up
still got our reccie to do in a couple of weeks for our validation trip.....but if all goes well we should be out there may/june time
Woohoo!! Congratulations!!

Fingers crossed for the survey. I hope it goes well. Stuckin blighty will have to change his username soon!

Originally Posted by Gonnago

Graz/Flyaway - what do you mean visit T&G are our OAA - just a warning though Graz - we are hoping to head north east too
LOL - I hadn't thought of that..... Good idea Gonnago!!

We're heading east too! It would be very funny if we all ended up in the same area. (Tiggs is pulling out of the sale as I speak here!)

Have you heard anything about the drop kerb? Hope it has been sorted.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Gonnago

you wear that sexy little number you have on in your avatar and leave that hubby of yours in the UK and I might even find you a bed

We are up in Tea Tree Gully, it is on RealEstate but I am not telling you which one till the mortgage comes through (valuing it Friday) cos I do not want to jinx it.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
Account Closed

none of you should come to Adelaide, we had 3 hours of torrential rain last night with Thunderstorms set for Friday and Saturday...

Stay in the UK it is warmer.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by graz79
none of you should come to Adelaide, we had 3 hours of torrential rain last night with Thunderstorms set for Friday and Saturday...

Stay in the UK it is warmer.
PMSL. It hasn't stopped raining in Wales since New Years day. 40 areas issued with flood warnings, people evacuated.... and you had 3 hours rain.

Tea Tree Gulley is a good area - close to the Hills and the main roads, 20 mins to the beach, big shopping centre. Hope you get the property!! We were thinking of Athlestone - not far from there. Sorry to worry you.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Athelstone has gone...it er fell over in the floods and there is just a errrr

errrr

giant rubbish dump now all the way along the east side....

go to Perth, it is meant to be warmer!!

We looked at Athelstone but could not find anything below $400000 that wasn't your typical 3 bed bungalow with 700m2 plot.

Going to catch the tram down and meet the kids on the beach now...Tiggs has told me I have to drop her off and then go shopping cos she is "never taking those sodding kids to the shops again ever....i mean it....ever!!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.