Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hello my Beauties, right you asked for it....here goes........

Cant remember how much I said about the 'dropped kerb' last time but basically we put a hard surface to front of house but didnt drop kerb so didnt refer to it as off street parking....or so we thought, it turns out it was on EA sheet as having O.S.parking:curse: anyway its no good me being pissed off with them about that because I was responsible for checking the details and missed it....so now we have a problem, because the kerb is not dropped it isnt legally parking and the Buyers have put offer in on the basis that it is....with me?......Anyway have stressed about it ALL weekend and got out of bed with it playing on my mind determined to sort it, phoned Conveyancer before they even opened left message, phoned back 6 more times, really annoyed his secretary and the receptionist didnt even ask who it was when i phoned he returned my call at 5.15pm - and has suggested we offer and indemnity policy? which will cost us a couple of hundred pounds, I have suggeted that if that fails we offer £1k off price for them to be able to afford the dropped kerb on the basis that we exchange this week with a January completion....As he didnt call me till closing time it will be another day of waiting for hte phone to ring....

I am so pissed off with myself for not picking it up on the details but more so with the conveyancer for taking ALL day to get back to me when we are on a really tight time limit.

Sorry for moaning, im sick of listening to myself, but I am really scared that the buyers pull out - it isnt the easiest property to sell, and I couldnt bear to go back to square one.

Someone HELP ME
Gonnago, sorry to hear that.

Hope that things get sorted ASAP, can understand your fears so am sending lots of vibes for things to work out.

These things do get over looked, just one of those things. It sounds like you are trying exceptionally hard to sort things out, (am I wrong on this...sounds like you are quite a way along, so how come they are doing this now?) A work colleague had a similar thing happen, buyers started nit picking, messed her around so much, but things did go through.

If they drop out on the basis of this I would be very, very surprised.

Would love to wave a magic wand for you.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:26 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

they say that selling a house and getting married are the two most stressful things to do. yeah right, try adding all the other crap to this and multipy it by 100 and then add a little matter of emigrating to another country, then these bloody viewers and estate agents would have a clue how we feel:curse::curse:

oh yeah I forgot to add, that I wouldnt change a single thing

ahhhh, a day in the life of bec
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:26 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Any lend us some money?

Offer has been accepted and we have signed paperwork on house BUT bank are messing us about and we do not know if we have a mortgage with them or not...waiting for them to open to start calling and chasing..

it is no easier on this side you know.

By the way when I came in this morning there are a load of white robes and someone I tripped over something that buzzed...

Can anyone shed any light?

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:36 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Any lend us some money?

Offer has been accepted and we have signed paperwork on house BUT bank are messing us about and we do not know if we have a mortgage with them or not...waiting for them to open to start calling and chasing..

By the way when I came in this morning there are a load of white robes and someone I tripped over something that buzzed...

Nope I know nothing
Beth x x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Any lend us some money?

Tiggs!!! YAY!!!

Great to hear from you! Your OH was on here the other day when he was bored at work - nothing changes eh???

Fab news that you've found a house after all the trauma. Fingers crossed they will lend you what you need.

In your abscence we have all gone slighty barmy (ier) and have started Druidic rituals in the vain hope it will help..... You should join in and visualise the bank lending you the money!!

Not sure about the thing that buzzed unless it was something that Gonnago left behind.....

My truely dreadful news is that I am now selling 3, yes 3 properties. I will be insane by the time I get there......

Thanks for your PM hun! I haven't replied yet as I didn't think you had internet access - are you connected yet??? Good news that Andrew is over there now. I bet you are really enjoying getting the whole family back together.

Sending you Ks for the house buying!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Nope I know nothing
Beth x x
PMSL.

You had nothing to do with it all Beth!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hello Tiggs We have really missed you. Im glad you are settling in nicely - I hope the mortgage sorts its self out, one way or another these things do. ((house buying karma)).

Oh and about the buzzy thing... I hope you said sorry to BoB
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, just spoken to the EA. I was ringing basically to drop the price of the house. He told me not to! Said that the bottom end of the market was getting offers and that they were working upwards. He advised us to wait another 2-4 weeks to see if we got more viewings.

So everyone in Wales, I hope this is good news for you!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:53 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like great news for you all

Just spare a thought for me in my rented orange shoe box - visa less, homeless, with no light at the end of my perpetually dark tunnel.....
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
That sounds like great news for you all

Just spare a thought for me in my rented orange shoe box - visa less, homeless, with no light at the end of my perpetually dark tunnel.....
My heart bleeds for you Jenni.

We aren't going anywhere either unless we sell this house.. wanna buy a house while you wait for your visa???

But, yes, it does sound like good news on the whole.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:05 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, just spoken to the EA. I was ringing basically to drop the price of the house. He told me not to! Said that the bottom end of the market was getting offers and that they were working upwards. He advised us to wait another 2-4 weeks to see if we got more viewings.

So everyone in Wales, I hope this is good news for you!
This sounds really positive!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CarolineW
This sounds really positive!
I hope so for everyone's sake.

Also hope that they cut the interest rate and that this share business makes people think about investing in property again.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:31 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I hope so for everyone's sake.

Also hope that they cut the interest rate and that this share business makes people think about investing in property again.
especially yours
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Well, hopefully the news will be positive soon, reduced our price again today, although not a huge amount...it was more to do with the psychological (sp) aspect.

Our place looks b&*&(& amazing compared others around the same price. EA had little advice so fingers crossed come beginning of Feb things pick up.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:30 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

can I just ask, when do people have to be in oz?
we hve to be there before 20.06.08
I just hope we can sell the house before this creeps up on us!!!
bec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.