Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by spaceys
Well EA just called and the couple that liked our house are not going to put in an offer on our house because of main road, love the property but dont want to be on main road. Feel very fed up now
Oh bum Spaceys. Flinkin road. Fingers crossed you get some more viewers really soon.

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Guys

Our viewer at the weekend loved the house. Shame they couldn't afford it Why bloody view it then?

Got another viewer on Monday from out of area. Fingers crossed
I hate time wasters, they should be shot on principle!

Fingers crossed for Monday.

Last edited by Fly Away; Feb 27th 2008 at 4:49 am.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Ive got an viewer in an hour been cleaning all day!
Better be worth it!
EA calls you get all hopeful these might be the ones spend all day cleaning getting more stressed all day shout at the kids for beinging in the house! Then they are never heard from again!
Lorna
Wow thats fab good luck Lorna.

Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOOHOO!!!! Congrats SW!!!!

Blinkin heck, go out for the afternoon and miss all the drama!!!

Very excited for you!!!

Back soon after school run

xxxx
I can't seem to keep up with this thread at the moment. But thats good as things are now starting to happen . I am not on much as it is these days. Good luck to all.

Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Spaceys have you thought they may just be saying that hoping you lower the price ? Then again they may be sat waiting to see if you get any other offers first. They knew you lived on a main road before they even came to look . You did say they liked the house apart from that. Plus if no on has offered then they may be sat waiting people do this .

I am in the same position as i live on a main road too. but to be honest it never bothered me when i bought the house.

Keep you chin up sweet the market is slowly picking up.
Julie
Hey thanks Julie, main road has never bothered us either we love our house bought from new 5 years ago and is still immaculate. You may be right about them sitting waiting but i dont know, they came in about Septemberish time and loved the house then and it was 20k more, think we will just have to forget about them and move on
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:44 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Better be worth it!
EA calls you get all hopeful these might be the ones spend all day cleaning getting more stressed all day shout at the kids for beinging in the house! Then they are never heard from again!
Lorna
Good luck Lorna, this could be the one.

Nicky x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Thanks guys, will be waiting with baited breath for the next few weeks and am sending lots of vibes.
Jenni, how's everything going with you?

Janine, they viewed it before Xmas, must have been watching closely.

Fingers crossed that it all goes through smoothly!! Now you can get planning everything, so exciting, resigning tomorrow too... YEEHAH! Your MIL is not going to be best pleased. LOL.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hey thanks Julie, main road has never bothered us either we love our house bought from new 5 years ago and is still immaculate. You may be right about them sitting waiting but i dont know, they came in about Septemberish time and loved the house then and it was 20k more, think we will just have to forget about them and move on
Sorry I misunderstood I thought they had just been? But if its the 2nd visit then I think they still are interested and maybe waiting.
But then again hey may not have sold there house? So not in a postion yet,

I belive someone will fall in love with your house just like you did 5 years ago. Things can happen all at once when you get the right people for your house. And things are now starting to pick up.

Julie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:49 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lorna do you want me to park outside your house and look like i'm interested in buying it and tell them what a great area it is.

might work
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

best wishes Lorna. Gosh things really have picked up on here havent they.

I had to go to see a client this morning and am struggling to catch up with everyone.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening all,

Well I've read through and I think I have the gist of everything. Honestly, I went out at 2pm, popped back at 4.30 (to check the answer phone. ) and then got back in at 5.30 and you lot had filled 6 pages.

Originally Posted by maisey
Congratulations Sparky so pleased for you. Hope it all goes smoothly. Nice to hear some positive news. Am watching this thread quietly.

Update on us - so far 12 viewings price down £10k another three viewings last saturday. Last week had a second viewing - not even bothered to return EA phonecalls -so frustrating. Still waitng for feedback for one of saturdays - not replying to answerphone messages from EA. Other two 1. bedrooms too small - can't they read details as room sizes there! 2. Loved kitchen, loved west facing garden - funny feeling about road to the side of the house. (can't see it from our house, have no bother from it)
Excuse me - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Sorry needed that.
On a lighter note the lady who made a private offer has her house on market now and wants to bring her Mother around tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow - that sounds very promising. Some people are just SO rude aren't they. GRRR thers can't read details. GRRRR

You are having lots of viewings which means your house must appeal to lots of people. I am sure you will get an offer really soon. Fingers crossed and Ks sent.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
When I sold my last house (in 5 weeks GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR) they were FTB's......and young.....so they viewed the house with both sets of their parents
Put an offer in an hour later.......for £5k under asking price.......we said £2.5k higher and we'd accept. They agreed.
One week later they asked if they could come around again to measure up for furniture etc......ok I said......OMG......they brought both sets of parents (again), brothers, sisters, cousin, aunt, uncle and a grandmother.........all with measuring tapes!!!!! :
Anyway......we completed about 6 weeks later with no problems.
Really hope the bloody Waltons don't want to view this house I'm selling!!!!
Beth x x :
PMSL Beth, you can always make me laugh. With your big house, you'll probably get big families.....

Hope you are OK and things happen now you've dropped the price.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh that is fantastic news Sparky, hope it all goes through quickly for you now.

You would have thought 12 viewers would bring one buyer wouldn't you? Why don't they just have the manners to let you know why? It will sell soon.

Is it a really busy road then? Do they not know the area? Waste of time.

Surely the EA knows what their budget is, I wouldn't go to look and waste everyone's time including my own, if I couldn't afford it.

Hopefully Julie it is going to be better in March with more viewers coming on to the books. We will all sell eventually I suppose.

Good luck for tomorrow Maisey.

Any more news Fly?

Can't believe how much has gone on today, can't keep up but am addicted to seeing how everyone is doing.

Nicky xx
It's terribly addictive isn't it?? I have to login to see what is happening to everyone. I don't have any more news.

Better be worth it!
Lorna
Good luck Lorna. Hope your kids didn't cop too much of an earful. Come and tell us what happened asap!

Originally Posted by corgi
Sorry I misunderstood I thought they had just been? But if its the 2nd visit then I think they still are interested and maybe waiting.
But then again hey may not have sold there house? So not in a postion yet,

I belive someone will fall in love with your house just like you did 5 years ago. Things can happen all at once when you get the right people for your house. And things are now starting to pick up.

Julie
Totally agree Julie - our last house was on a really busy road and we sold to a couple who fell in love with it. (Although the road wasn't a problem as we were set above it and had a tall hedge.)

Good luck to you - fingers crossed something happens for you soon.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:14 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
When I sold my last house (in 5 weeks GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR) they were FTB's......and young.....so they viewed the house with both sets of their parents
Put an offer in an hour later.......for £5k under asking price.......we said £2.5k higher and we'd accept. They agreed.
One week later they asked if they could come around again to measure up for furniture etc......ok I said......OMG......they brought both sets of parents (again), brothers, sisters, cousin, aunt, uncle and a grandmother.........all with measuring tapes!!!!!
Anyway......we completed about 6 weeks later with no problems.
Really hope the bloody Waltons don't want to view this house I'm selling!!!!
Beth x x
PMSL, Beth
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
best wishes Lorna. Gosh things really have picked up on here havent they.

I had to go to see a client this morning and am struggling to catch up with everyone.
Hi Hayles - it has taken me a long time to catch up too. Hope it's a sign of the market picking up.

Have you got any news re the mortgage offer?? Silly question, I'd hear the screams from here.

Well, I spent the afternoon watching the carpet fitter and cleaning the rental flat. Just got to get OH to put a bed together and hang the new curtains at the weekend and it's ready for the EAs next week... sigh.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Well he has been and gone in and out in about 5mins
It sooo does my head in spend all day cleaning for 5mins
Said he liked it but who knows they all say that!
He's moving up from down south making a short list for his wife to look at.
So not to hopeful cant see anything moving very fast with him.
need a drink now!
Lorna
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well he has been and gone in and out in about 5mins
It sooo does my head in spend all day cleaning for 5mins
Said he liked it but who knows they all say that!
He's moving up from down south making a short list for his wife to look at.
So not to hopeful cant see anything moving very fast with him.
need a drink now!
Lorna
Never mind Lorna - men are hopeless. Fingers crossed you make the short list and his wife vews. She will be the decision maker! At least you have a nice clean house for the next viewing which will happen really soon.

Did you know M&S have an offer on wine 10% off and 10% more off if you buy 6 or more bottles. Get yourself down there..... I will be there tomorrow stocking up.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good Grief, I go and do some jobs, school run, tea and sit down to catch up and have 4 pages to catch up with.

Flyaway hope you had fun at the rental flat, sometimes a change of scenary can make a difference. I will have a change of scenery tomorrow, the supermarket, if I don't we will starve and I won't have any loo rolls to make pretty patterns with. You are also right about assuming the worst and it can't be that bad.

Spaceys, I know what you mean about everything else going to plan apart from the house, god if I could turn the clock back 4 months, I would and do this part very differently. Good Luck with the mortgage holiday, some are much more lenient than others in that respect, I have worked in Mortgages for Yorkshire, Abbey and Kensington, they all work in different ways

Janine, sounds like a good plan, good luck with the shippers. We or should I say I, as Jason will already be in Oz, will be shipping furniture and getting flights as soon as we have exchanged contracts too, we told ours we were going abroad, but we know him so he knows anyhow, we did ask him not to tell anyone who enquired, as we have has so few enquiries we have told him we don't care what he tells them anymore. In our case as the EA gets a % of the sale it is in there interest to get as much for our house as they can and threfore a higher %

Beth, sorry your mtg co don't do the payment holiday, we have been lucky selling our last 2 houses, looks like 3rd time unlucky for us

Sparky wife, great news about the viewers on Saturday, don't forget your angel and candle wishes for a sale. Bl**dy hell just got the offer bit, working through all these pages, FAB news, you can now start negotiating and hoefully agree a price you are both happy with. Ok so you did that and now have a sale, this is great new, think we will all be trying the banging head on table theory seems to work better than my angels.

Kapri, you will get timewasters, it seems to be part of the buying process, if it makes you feel any better our one and only viewer didn't buy as we weren't deserate enough.

Lornagoingto Brissy - Good Luck with the viewing, you never know, enjoy your drink - cheers (I also have a glass of wine)

Well I have only been viewing this thread for a few weeks and this is the first sale, all being well this will be the first of many Good luck everyone and don't forget the head banging on table seems to work better than the candles and begging to guardian angels

We are now officially reduced again and anoher house has just come on the market round that corner, small than ours but £100,000 cheaper, can see another reduuction coming on from us, hence the wine already :curse:

Tracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.