Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Icarus
its quiet , dead . to me this is the hardest bit . not stressed tho

gonna change EAs , need to get on to it
I know - we had 3 months of it over Christmas. Changing EA really helped us, (or the market picked up.)

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Who knows Bushey - prob late May early june....but your guess is as good as mine at the moment.
That's the same as us Hayles, it's all very uncertain isn't it?

Well, blow me down with a feather... Just had feedback. The viewer was actually viewing for his son as he is looking to buy him a house. FOR CASH! Wants a quick sale - which we can do as we can move into our rental flat. He said he would put in an offer - but is still thinking about another house... worried about a window overlooking the house from next door - about 200 yards away. I think this is a red herring. I will try not to think about it, cash buyers are a loose cannon. EEEKKK
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:56 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Hey Fly, you got the 9000 post! You the daddy!
Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Bushey - how are you going??

Did you notice I got 9000!!!???

I wasn't even trying either. That must mean I will sell my house and get my visa!!!
It's hardly that surprising - she virtually lives here!!! I bet if I did a count-up, Fly Away would be either mentioned in, or account for... hmmm... 90% of the posts in Whinging Pom Then again, she does have 3 properties to get rid of, so I guess she's entitled

How's everyone today?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:05 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey! Just read back a bit - you had feedback??? That's great - even a bit of feedback is something positive these days

Do hope it's good news for you honey, you deserve it
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Well lets hope its not a load of crock!

oh imagine a nice cash buyer. how lovely....
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
It's hardly that surprising - she virtually lives here!!! I bet if I did a count-up, Fly Away would be either mentioned in, or account for... hmmm... 90% of the posts in Whinging Pom Then again, she does have 3 properties to get rid of, so I guess she's entitled
PMSL. It wasn't very surprising I got the 9000 was it. I didn't even try. Amazingly, I reckon the first 2000 posts are nothing to do with me though.

I shall be on here forever - even after we go to Oz, I am guessing that we will have to leave properties to sell.

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Crikey! Just read back a bit - you had feedback??? That's great - even a bit of feedback is something positive these days

Do hope it's good news for you honey, you deserve it
Thanks Jen. Now I feel really scared, I love my house and we've already had one sale fall through, which is scary as you know it can happen again.

xxx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:54 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I know - we had 3 months of it over Christmas. Changing EA really helped us, (or the market picked up.)

That's the same as us Hayles, it's all very uncertain isn't it?

Well, blow me down with a feather... Just had feedback. The viewer was actually viewing for his son as he is looking to buy him a house. FOR CASH! Wants a quick sale - which we can do as we can move into our rental flat. He said he would put in an offer - but is still thinking about another house... worried about a window overlooking the house from next door - about 200 yards away. I think this is a red herring. I will try not to think about it, cash buyers are a loose cannon. EEEKKK
Good luck with this one FA, sounds promising. Really hope you sell now.

Nicky x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:58 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nic
Bit fed up with the lack of viewers now My last house sold in 5 weeks..............so the wait this time has felt twice as long!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:07 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All. New to this thread but I too am a whinging pom house seller
House been on the market for 4 weeks, had 1st viewer last Thursday who was really keen, even asked to call back with her OH then nothing! The only number the EA had for her was a mobile which she didn't answer & hasn't called them back with feedback
Turns out she has bought the house next door & just wanted a nose :curse:
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:11 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All. New to this thread but I too am a whinging pom house seller
House been on the market for 4 weeks, had 1st viewer last Thursday who was really keen, even asked to call back with her OH then nothing! The only number the EA had for her was a mobile which she didn't answer & hasn't called them back with feedback
Turns out she has bought the house next door & just wanted a nose :curse:
What a horrible thing to do. Mind you she will have to face you every time she goes out of her front door!!
I know of a couple that just go round looking at other houses just for something to do over a weekend. I can think of better things to do.

Nicky x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:26 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Just rung the EA........asked for an update.....and guess what?......no-one has requested the spec on our house this or last week
So I have reduced by yet another £10k...........now at £159,995........£40k off the original asking price. Surely somebody would at least want to view it now?
Basically can't accept any offers below this price as it's the very lowest we can go without going into negative equity.......so wish me luck girls........think I'm going to need it!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:27 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I'm not even going try and multi-quote anyone. You lot have been far too chatty today

Brilliant news Fly. Let's hope it all comes good for you I know what it feels like though when a sale falls through

Everyone else good luck.

Janine
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:28 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Beth wishing you all the luck in the world.

We just started today.

have you got your flights booked yet????

Kaye x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:36 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by wardy2
Awww Beth wishing you all the luck in the world.

We just started today.

have you got your flights booked yet????

Kaye x
No.......really hoping to get a buyer before we go though as I will feel much better then
Beth x x
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
What a horrible thing to do. Mind you she will have to face you every time she goes out of her front door!!
I know of a couple that just go round looking at other houses just for something to do over a weekend. I can think of better things to do.

Nicky x
Welcome Tawkins - I agree what a nasty thing to do.:curse: When they move in make their life hell.

I hate tourists too.:curse:

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just rung the EA........asked for an update.....and guess what?......no-one has requested the spec on our house this or last week
So I have reduced by yet another £10k...........now at £159,995........£40k off the original asking price. Surely somebody would at least want to view it now?
Basically can't accept any offers below this price as it's the very lowest we can go without going into negative equity.......so wish me luck girls........think I'm going to need it!!!!
Beth x x
Wishing you the best of luck Beth - remember most people look online, so they could be looking at your details. I am sending as many vibes out into the World as I can to get you a buyer! Jeez, you are giving that lovely house away. Ungrateful bloomin buyers.:curse:

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Hello all,

I'm not even going try and multi-quote anyone. You lot have been far too chatty today

Brilliant news Fly. Let's hope it all comes good for you : I know what it feels like though when a sale falls through :

Everyone else good luck.

Janine

Thanks Janine, just feeling really nevous now as we have been messed about by cash viewers when we've sold before.

I rang one of those house buying co's yesterday and they said they'd ring back in 48 hours, so jst waiting to hear what they come up with too...

Good luck to everyone this week. WE WILL SELL HOUSES!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

I am now a whinging pom house seller.

We have put our house on market last Saturday and I am already stressed becuase no one has called to view yet. I know the house market has slowed down but a neighbour of ours sold hers in 3 days for 10k more than we are asking. Its the same house except hers has a conservatory and ours has a big drive and garage.
I feel in competition with her and I know I shouldnt.
It must be cos of the emotions with visa and everything. I will try to calm down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.