Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Love it...sums up pretty much 100% how I feel right now!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Nickywes - yes they want blood, they want everything. We were told on Friday that our viewer who came for the second viewing has bought something else, apparently we didn't come across as desperate enough to sell, what was he expecting apart from Jason and I on our hands and knees at his feet begging him to buy our house. What a tosser! Good Luck with candle and wishes to your angel

Tracy[/QUOTE]

I'm speechless at that...not desperate enough. What does desperation have to do with liking a house, wanting to live in it and buying it? Sounds like he has some bizarre criteria for buying.

All the best everyone.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Thanks Fly Away!

Feel like screaming quite often at the moment that was what the EA said too regards sorting the finances out. Have never been here before so don't know what is the norm, what being led up the garden path is etc.

(Shakes head helplessly...this is just crazy, peeking sneaky looks at my phone at work to see if there is a missed call, pacing up and down like a nutcase, someone help!!!)

All the best for tomorrow. Seems like viewers are starting to come out to play.
PMSL - have you worn a bare patch in the carpet with the pacing? I've had to stop drinking coffee, because it was making me even more wired... Just wish someone would put me out of my misery - just like you do. I'm sure that the phone will ring soon. You could be the first Welshie to sell your house in 2008!

I have just comitted to have DD's friend and her 4 yr old sister for tea on Tuesday next. That will guarantee we have a viewing on Wed AM!!

Still going to do the candle thing though, (read back a bit SW!)
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:38 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Beth x x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL - have you worn a bare patch in the carpet with the pacing? I've had to stop drinking coffee, because it was making me even more wired... Just wish someone would put me out of my misery - just like you do. I'm sure that the phone will ring soon. You could be the first Welshie to sell your house in 2008!

Yep, and my legs are getting toned! I have continued my diary and it is filling up with whines and moans...should make very interesting reading in the future (in a future that involves no house selling!). [/I]

I have just comitted to have DD's friend and her 4 yr old sister for tea on Tuesday next. That will guarantee we have a viewing on Wed AM!!

Oooooooh yes...that is the way to do it, you know it is.

Still going to do the candle thing though, (read back a bit SW!)
Have had a peak...we do actually have candles that need burning (lovely vanilla ones but they look so perfect in our lounge . Have got lots of non smelly ones...they'll def be out!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I'm not so sure about that hun....

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Have had a peak...we do actually have candles that need burning (lovely vanilla ones but they look so perfect in our lounge . Have got lots of non smelly ones...they'll def be out!!!
I'm sure non smelly will be fine - don't mess your disply up until you sell!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:10 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I have news!! Just as I was going out on the school run the EA phoned and we have viewers tomorrow - house looks a tip and I'll be cleaning all night but YAY. Once again they are saying this crap that they don't have to sell to buy, yeah, yeah....but the candles worked and I didn't even do it!!

Was this the longest post ever???
Good News Fly, it was obviously just the thought of the candles that made the viewers want to come

Have fun cleaning I'm doing all mine tomorrow because THE KIDS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL . Sorry, I really needed to shout that bit

That has to be the world record for multi-quoting

Janine
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Ohhh good luck to those with viewings

Im going to consult my exchange angel for end of the week.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:24 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Beth x x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

That cant be true beth I would be losing weight not putting it on!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:26 am
Make it happen!!!!

OOooooooohhhhh found my angel!!!!!!!!

Beth x x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

FlyAway - this is great news, get the candle out and wish that they will be the ones that will buy. I will just be wishing for a viewer, any viewer will do Good Luck tomorow

Sparky Wife - Oooo that sounds like good news and very positive, fingers crossed for you Our EA said the viewer wanted the house at a knock down price and as we didn't come across as that desperate he didn't feel he would get it as cheap as he wanted. What did he want, just for us to give it to him :curse: Good Luck with the candles, kids going to bed at 7.30 and 8.00, once they are out of the way we are getting two out and both Jason and I will be wishing

Janine have fun with the cleaning tomorrow

Gonnago, fingers crossed that your angel comes up with an exchange at the end of the week.

Beth love, I think it is safe to say you have lost it, but I do like your angel

Good Luck everyone and I hope all your and our wishes come true

Tracy
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's the candles!!

Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:35 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Question for everyone how long do you leave it to book flights to Validate visa if house not sold?
We have to validate by 4th July thinking of going 1st 2 wks in june but not sure how long to leave it b4 booking flights as prices for flights already going up.

Lorna
hi lorna

we have to validate before 20.06.08 and are flying out on the 03.06.08. we havent sold the house yet either so join the "wanna be gone" gang
good luck with your decision
bec
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:39 am
Make it happen!!!!

Yeah I think I've lost the plot too
My sister emigrated to Melbourne on Feb 4th.......and I was really upset for a while when they went.
She's been quite homesick and has managed to have two road accidents in 3 weeks!!!! Someone went into the back of them.......and then a lorry in front shot a large stone up which smashed the windscreen!!!! On their 3rd hire car and have paid $1000 excess so far
Her hubby had his wallet swiped in Singapore airport on the way to Oz so they've had to sort out cancelling their cards and ordering new ones!!!
Had major trouble finding a rental.......about 20+ people were turning up at each house
They've basically had enough........even the kids are upset now.......so they booked their flights to come home this saturday
At the moment I don't know my head from my a*se........they have no furniture, no house etc. Their container doesn't even arrive in Melbourne until March 4th!!!
So it looks like the 5 of them may be staying with us for a while
So please excuse my moments of madness......they keep me sane-ish
Can you imagine trying to get my house ready for a viewing with 11 of us living here?!!!!!
I'm feeling a little bit eratic to say the least!!!
Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.