Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:19 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Gonnago
LOL corrupt the nation into buying our houses.

I feel really bad because Im sitting waiting for surveyor to ring...like i have over last 3 weeks....and phone rang, it was Con, so I said 'oh its only you' didnt mean it like that but you know, he was at casualty, had three pieces of metal in his eye that had to be taken out. eugghhh..Feel really bad now that I wasnt more supportive, just wanted him off the phone in case surveyor called
he will understand
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:23 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey

Cheeky but great idea.
i think its a great idea , a bit of guzzumping never did any harm
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Put an offer in on the other house so they cant buy it and have to buy yours and then withdraw you offer
Now thats an idea Oh no i couldnt, wouldnt be able to keep a straight face!!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

LOL corrupt the nation into buying our houses.

I feel really bad because Im sitting waiting for surveyor to ring...like i have over last 3 weeks....and phone rang, it was Con, so I said 'oh its only you' didnt mean it like that but you know, he was at casualty, had three pieces of metal in his eye that had to be taken out. eugghhh..Feel really bad now that I wasnt more supportive, just wanted him off the phone in case surveyor called
Oh poor Con!! How is he?? What happened Can he see OK? This is really awful, but it good you have already had your meds! Sorry Con for thinking that.

Fingers crossed for the surveyor.

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hello all,

There's not a lot happening with me at the moment. I've signed of the details of the house, sounds quite nice actually, makes me quite proud of it

Interestingly the house that just up the road from me is now proudly displaying SOLD. Completely different house from ours, down side to it. Busy part of the road (I'm in the sought after end ), tiny garden (I've got a huge one), small bedrooms (mine are big).

So if someone's going to buy that, surely that's good news for us Plus it was only on the market for about 4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone waiting for people to come back to them. Let's hope the phones are red hot today with people wanting to book viewings

Janine
That sounds really promising Janine. I know it sounds terrible, but the people who offered on the other house may prefer your house.... (Happened to friends of ours, the house next door was under offer when they put theirs on the market and the people pulled out to buy theirs as it was in good condition compared to their neighbour.)

I am having bad thoughts today.

Just read that back - its the metal he had taken out not his eye PMSL that would be well looking as he is already half an ear down!!:
LOL, bless him. Hope he's OK.

had to force my OH to see the emergancy DR today as he is getting iller. DD and I are both better and he is still very ill. Probably get told he has a virus, but I thin it has turned into a chest infection...

(OK and the sub plot is that I want him to get well quickly so the Dr will sign our meds off. I'm just as bad as you Hayles.)
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Gonnago
Sending you some karma, this is so frustrating.

Big hug
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Im good at faking it
I wonder if Con could comment on that??

I might get you to ring up and pretend to be a buyer then - that would be hilarious.

Hilarious story Flyaway, could match it with tales of A & E and what people put where the sun don't shine. Had a man once who padlocked his willy and firebrigade couldn't get lock off so poor locksmith had to remove it!!

Well kids off this week so had to read about twenty pages to catch up as don't get on computer. We had 10 minutes notice on wednesday for a viewing I had kids everywhere and guess what he asked for a second viewing with his partner last night. So waiting for feedback, OH thinks they will offer but I am not getting hopes up. They have no where to sell!
Fingers crossed.

Flyaway - I am sure OH will be fully recovered soon, at least they didn't ask for expensive medical reports. Hope you hear from your viewer soon.
Thanks Maisey - do you have a botty box at work too?? (All the things people have shoved up their orifices...) How on earth do you padlock a willy??? Please explain!

Originally Posted by spaceys
I know, it's brill isn't it.

My, it's busy in here this morning - I can't keep up.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by spaceys
get someone to do it for you , just ring up EA & away you go . sorted
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gonnago
Sending you some karma, this is so frustrating.

Big hug
Sorry Maisey - forgot to say good luck with the viewers from yesterday. Sounds very promising - you must be on a knife edge now. Hope they put in an offer.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

He's alright N. He is always injured at work, perks of the job i guess. He got patched up and gone straight back to work, would have to be a missing limb to get him to take a day off work! Im glad we had meds too

SURVEYOR DID ring and he is coming this arvo wahhoooo. Just got to rope someone into doing school run for me now I spoke to my gorgeous conveyancer and he said if thats all that is outstanding should exchange end next week .....but that is a big IF, im used to the way they are pulling things up last minute.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=

Well, I think you will be a tad busy this weekend then!! What a shame you didn't know about the meets.

Sounds like you should sell - lots of viewings and interest. Hopefully those people who haven't sold will sell soon and they might come back to you. I bet you don't need to rent it out in the end.

Where are you in the Vale? We have friends in Trethomas and Cowbridge.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, would have been good to exchange experiences.
Yes a little busy this weekend, looking around the house and think my god still so much sh1te to get rid of. My last day at work today too.

Yes thats what's so frustrating, whats wrong with my house

We are in Cowbridge, lovely place to live & sought after area. Properties normally sell really fast, but sign of the times I guess, & story of my life. buy in a sellers market, sell in a buyers market

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

My fingies are crossed for you Maisey...Im so glad we had half term last week.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He's alright N. He is always injured at work, perks of the job i guess. He got patched up and gone straight back to work, would have to be a missing limb to get him to take a day off work! Im glad we had meds too

SURVEYOR DID ring and he is coming this arvo wahhoooo. Just got to rope someone into doing school run for me now I spoke to my gorgeous conveyancer and he said if thats all that is outstanding should exchange end next week .....but that is a big IF, im used to the way they are pulling things up last minute.
FANTASTIC!!! You will be so relieved when the surveyor has been. I reckon giving them that ultimatum worked.

Fingers and toes and legs and arms crossed that you exchange next week!!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:58 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Excellent news , have faith
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Yeh, would have been good to exchange experiences.
Yes a little busy this weekend, looking around the house and think my god still so much sh1te to get rid of. My last day at work today too.

Yes thats what's so frustrating, whats wrong with my house

We are in Cowbridge, lovely place to live & sought after area. Properties normally sell really fast, but sign of the times I guess, & story of my life. buy in a sellers market, sell in a buyers market

I know what you mean, we always seem to have to sell in a buyers market. When you aren't in a chain it reallymatters because you don't get a discount off the one you are buying to make up the difference.

I'm sure that you will sell soon - sounds a lovely house and I know Cowbridge is a limited market, so not much comes up for sale.

Good luck for your last day at work. How exciting!!

My fingies are crossed for you Maisey...Im so glad we had half term last week.

PMSL - I love it, fingies crossed. I'm glad half term is over too! Phew!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:14 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

No news for me today

Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.