Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive / Send / Receive /

I have officially lost it:curse::curse:

Tracy the madwoman
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hope so . EA also said there were 3 other couples who are interested in the area so hopefully they will be able to arrange some more viewings as well.

Its so frustrating though when the EA doesnt get back to you after a viewing, it seems to be us phoning them all the time :curse:
This sounds really promising, looks like a few more viewings coming your way.

I wouldn't worry about the EA, even when we ring ours and ask something and he says he will ring back, he doesn't:curse:

Fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi peeps

Yes we are still alive I see some still havent sold !!! we are in our flat settled now off to oz tomorrow for a 3 weeks break then for good in dec ekkkk

wondering which part we are allowed to go through at perth airport with passports the oz bit or visitors anyone know ?

Thanks

Amanda
HI AMANDA!!! How are you? I was thinking about you today. Hope you are enjoying being mortgage free. So jealous you are jaunting off to Oz!! I think you have to go through the visitors channel - but don't quote me on that - you'd better ask in the Australia forum.

Yes, some of us are still here - namely me and Gonnago. Bushey popped up yesterday too and Somme and Tiggs are in Oz and post when they can from internet cafes etc. I presume you aren't online in your flat - or are you ignoring us.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Good luck Spaceys - I have crossed my toes for you, as my fingers have been crossed for Fly all week....and still are I may add!!

Today is chase up day...EA, buyer, solicitor, Dr, and anyone else I can think to harass. Con nags me everynight to chase up so and so, he doesnt realise its not my place to chase the surveyor, as ....its not our surveyor!!! there is only so much chasing I can do!!! I hate not being in control, nobody else is as efficient and organised as me

We sound soo alike, in that no-one can anything as well as we could Hope the chasing pays off, have fun
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:32 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning Nicky,

Wow, that sounds incredible. I wonder if you'll get an offer in April and move to Aus in June? That sounds a reasonable timescale. Only 5 weeks until April hun!!

So sorry to hear about your Dad and sister. It must be a great comfort to think they are watching over you. Do your sister's children spend a lot of time with you?

I was so pleased to hear that she had said your OH would be fine. How on earth did she know about his illness???

You have had such a lot to deal with Nicky that I am sure things will go well for you now. Sending you big hugs (((()))))

P.S. to multiquote, click on the little blue square next to 'quote' of every post you want to quote and then 'quote on the last one you want to quote.
Hi FA
Yes it was pretty amazing. She said too much for it to be just a coincedence but who knows really.
Oh yes, life has been tough. My sister died of breast cancer when she was 38 and left me her 3 kids. They were from 2 different fathers and she wasn't with them so asked me to look after them. At the time, we had 6 kids in a 3 bed semi - 2 girls aged 15 who didn't like each other, boy and girl aged 14 and boy and girl aged 7. They all moved in and it was like a cafe most of the time (or battleground) and with all the grief etc. it was bloody hard but we got through it. We now only have 2 here and the rest are all older. Her eldest, 25 now has 2 kids and we just treat them all as if they are ours and always have done. My OH was great as out of the 6 only my youngest was his!! It would have been easier if we had been in this house as there is a lot more room but it was rather a squash.
It is her youngest one (17 yr old) that wants to come with us and of course she can if she wants to. The eldest one doesn't want us to go as we are sort of grandparents to her little one's and I love them to bits but who knows later on if she will come to.
EA coming in half hour so we will see what he has to say. Have you not heard back from your viewers yet, what are they waiting for.

Nicky xx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:33 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi peeps

Yes we are still alive I see some still havent sold !!! we are in our flat settled now off to oz tomorrow for a 3 weeks break then for good in dec ekkkk

wondering which part we are allowed to go through at perth airport with passports the oz bit or visitors anyone know ?

Thanks

Amanda
Hi there - we went through the visitors bit to validate.

Nicky x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi All Wish I knew how to multi-quote to say good luck to everyone, have everything crossed.
Anyway, on to my medium last night, could not post last night because by the time I got home and then told Paul all about it I felt not right to then pick up laptop again. It was amazing, I have never really known what to believe but this woman was saying stuff that she could not have known in a million years.
Her first words to me were "you are going to Australia aren't you", well the look on my face was incredible, gobsmacked. She said that April/May or possibly June life will pick up 100% and that although we won't be going as soon as hoped, we will definitely go. Apparently, it was my Dad and sister coming through and they were together. Now I know that some people will be thinking yeh right but the things she said were unbelievable, like you drive a blue car don't you, look at the front brakes (which I will)! Sister said don't forget my birthday at the end of the month, well it is Saturday! Sister said I did a good job of looking after her kids, how could she know that. She told me what my Dad and Sis died of and when, freaky. She told me all about my kids, who is oldest etc. and that they will all live fine lives in Australia!! One of my sisters kids will come too. She also told me about any ailments I had got (which I know about already) and that they would not cause problems. Lots of other things too and some names that I didn't know but will ask my mum about. I asked her about my husband and she just asked me his name and then went on to say "did he have a problem in his chest, a tumour, and pointed to it, then said that he will be fine and healthy.
I am now a firm believer and feel very uplifted today.

Good luck all.
Nicky xx
WOW Nicky, that sounds amazing, I imagine rather emotional too, but really incredible.

Tracy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi FA
Yes it was pretty amazing. She said too much for it to be just a coincedence but who knows really.
Oh yes, life has been tough. My sister died of breast cancer when she was 38 and left me her 3 kids. They were from 2 different fathers and she wasn't with them so asked me to look after them. At the time, we had 6 kids in a 3 bed semi - 2 girls aged 15 who didn't like each other, boy and girl aged 14 and boy and girl aged 7. They all moved in and it was like a cafe most of the time (or battleground) and with all the grief etc. it was bloody hard but we got through it. We now only have 2 here and the rest are all older. Her eldest, 25 now has 2 kids and we just treat them all as if they are ours and always have done. My OH was great as out of the 6 only my youngest was his!! It would have been easier if we had been in this house as there is a lot more room but it was rather a squash.
It is her youngest one (17 yr old) that wants to come with us and of course she can if she wants to. The eldest one doesn't want us to go as we are sort of grandparents to her little one's and I love them to bits but who knows later on if she will come to.
EA coming in half hour so we will see what he has to say. Have you not heard back from your viewers yet, what are they waiting for.

Nicky xx
Oh my word. What a time you went through. Your Oh sounds a wonderful bloke. So unfair that he got that blasted illness. I hope that you can all get out to Oz together. Are all your kids and your sister's kids on the visa application? Or would they have to apply as adults?

I tell you, you deserve some good luck soon. I'm sure it will come your way. Hope the EA has some good news for you.

We haven't heard anything yet and I'm trying not to bank on anything.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Good Luck Nicky you definitely deserve some
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

ditto
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Sorry im gonna moan again...cause I dont know what to do....

I have had such a waste of a day and Im annoyed about it....my Mother is collecting the kids from school and taking them to the cinema (this has NEVER happened before, think she may have bumped her head and remembered she has Grandchildren) anyway that means I dont have the commtment of the school run at 3 o clock, so ideally a fantastic opportunity to do something that I wouldnt normally have time to do, like visit my dear friend in Kent, or a day at bluewater shopping, BUT NO....I have to sit in JUST IN CASE the fudging surveyor decides to do some work......3 weeks ago we were told the survey would be done in next couple of days and the mortage offer would take a week...I have had enough.

Common sense is telling me to go back on the market but something is holding me back, maybe the memories of the stress of being on the market?

I am getting really stressed about it all, and I dont know what to do for the best.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry im gonna moan again...cause I dont know what to do....

I have had such a waste of a day and Im annoyed about it....my Mother is collecting the kids from school and taking them to the cinema (this has NEVER happened before, think she may have bumped her head and remembered she has Grandchildren) anyway that means I dont have the commtment of the school run at 3 o clock, so ideally a fantastic opportunity to do something that I wouldnt normally have time to do, like visit my dear friend in Kent, or a day at bluewater shopping, BUT NO....I have to sit in JUST IN CASE the fudging surveyor decides to do some work......3 weeks ago we were told the survey would be done in next couple of days and the mortage offer would take a week...I have had enough.

Common sense is telling me to go back on the market but something is holding me back, maybe the memories of the stress of being on the market?

I am getting really stressed about it all, and I dont know what to do for the best.

Hi Hayles - Sending you big hugs and virtual karma, (cos I have to spread it around before giving it to you.)

If I was in your shoes, I would phone the EA and ask them to have the keys and then tell the surveyor to collect them from there.

Go out hun and have some fun. Sitting in the house fretting will only get you down.

Then sit down tonight with your OH and set a date when if nothing has happened, you will go back on the market. Tell all parties and then stop ringing them. If it doesn't happen by the date, go by your word and put it back on the market. Hopefully seeing that you are serious will kick your buyers up the bum.

So angry on your behalf about this.:curse::curse:
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

unfortunately its too late to go to my friends now anyway as baby needs her nap!

I just wish I could find out who the surveyor were so i could chase it.Just feel useless.

Sorry same old shitty moan but Dh doesnt really wanna listen when he gets home he just wants to know the actual progress.

Still waiting for Dr to do reports as well...everytime i phone they tell me she only works 3 days a week!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

unfortunately its too late to go to my friends now anyway as baby needs her nap!

I just wish I could find out who the surveyor were so i could chase it.Just feel useless.

Sorry same old shitty moan but Dh doesnt really wanna listen when he gets home he just wants to know the actual progress.

Still waiting for Dr to do reports as well...everytime i phone they tell me she only works 3 days a week!
Don't apologise for moaning Hayles - it is good that you can get the moans out - hopefully it will make you feel a bit better. Honestly, if it is getting you down so much, you must talk about with your OH and come up with a plan.

Bloomin Drs too - If it was me, I would ring the practice Manager and tell her that you are coming in on X day to collect the reports. Say that it is holding your visa application up and causing you a lot of stress. Hopefully the practice manager will nag the Dr.

I am going to speak to the practice manager at our Drs about our letter once OH is well. I hope she can sort a much faster appointment out.

More big hugs (((())))
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Just spoke to EA (read imbecile) he says he has just chased our Buyer..apparently the card they used to pay for survey was declined and barclays didnt tell them:curse: so was paid for again on monday....the wait continues. I said they have till Tuesday for some progress or its going back on the market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.