Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Wolfman,

I'm in Cardiff, yes! AngieK, Suesk, SparkyWife and BethandAndrew on this thread are all in South Wales too. Seems like the housing slump has hit us the hardest.

Did you know there is a South Wales meet every month in Cardiff? The next one is on Sunday 24th. We'll all be there moaning about our house sales or lack of. You should join us.
No i didn;t know about the meet, and would love to have, but we move out of house next Friday and fly on the 4th march, from Bham as thats where rest of family are, going to do our final farewells.
Another viewing tomorrow, couple are renting in Cardiff and want to move into area, so fingers crossed. EA told me last night that the average sale goes through after 12-15 viewings !!! this will be our 11 or maybe 12th Ive lost track. Advised us not to drop the price yet as we are getting interest, just not from anyone in a position to do anything about it:curse:
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spaceys
They are a retired couple so wouldnt of thought they would be getting a mortgage They are out of area, i might go and have a look at the other house they like i know where it is
Put an offer in on the other house so they cant buy it and have to buy yours and then withdraw you offer
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
They are a retired couple so wouldnt of thought they would be getting a mortgage They are out of area, i might go and have a look at the other house they like i know where it is
Ah, a retired couple... They will be visiting the grandchildren, making tea in a teapot and generally following a strict routine, so you will have to wait until they have a window in their schedule for you...

(I am actually being serious here, older folks sometimes can't make quick decisions and are entrenched in their routine, so it is perhaps a longer process for them. Depends how old they are though - if they are in their 60's they should be pretty dynamic still!!)

Originally Posted by Wolfman
No i didn;t know about the meet, and would love to have, but we move out of house next Friday and fly on the 4th march, from Bham as thats where rest of family are, going to do our final farewells.
Another viewing tomorrow, couple are renting in Cardiff and want to move into area, so fingers crossed. EA told me last night that the average sale goes through after 12-15 viewings !!! this will be our 11 or maybe 12th Ive lost track. Advised us not to drop the price yet as we are getting interest, just not from anyone in a position to do anything about it:curse:
Well, I think you will be a tad busy this weekend then!! What a shame you didn't know about the meets.

Sounds like you should sell - lots of viewings and interest. Hopefully those people who haven't sold will sell soon and they might come back to you. I bet you don't need to rent it out in the end.

Where are you in the Vale? We have friends in Trethomas and Cowbridge.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Put an offer in on the other house so they cant buy it and have to buy yours and then withdraw you offer
Hayles, that's BRILLIANT!!! Fantastic idea.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:04 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:07 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

just to update ..... no news here either , quiet again .

not heard from last sundays couple , still have hope of hearing but i guess nearly a week has passed ..... maybe not

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:09 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Tell you what tho Hayley , with a bit of fine tuning we could all have a " deal " going on

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

LOL corrupt the nation into buying our houses.

I feel really bad because Im sitting waiting for surveyor to ring...like i have over last 3 weeks....and phone rang, it was Con, so I said 'oh its only you' didnt mean it like that but you know, he was at casualty, had three pieces of metal in his eye that had to be taken out. eugghhh..Feel really bad now that I wasnt more supportive, just wanted him off the phone in case surveyor called
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:14 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

There's not a lot happening with me at the moment. I've signed of the details of the house, sounds quite nice actually, makes me quite proud of it

Interestingly the house that just up the road from me is now proudly displaying SOLD. Completely different house from ours, down side to it. Busy part of the road (I'm in the sought after end ), tiny garden (I've got a huge one), small bedrooms (mine are big).

So if someone's going to buy that, surely that's good news for us Plus it was only on the market for about 4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone waiting for people to come back to them. Let's hope the phones are red hot today with people wanting to book viewings

Janine
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just read that back - its the metal he had taken out not his eye PMSL that would be well looking as he is already half an ear down!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Icarus
just to update ..... no news here either , quiet again .

not heard from last sundays couple , still have hope of hearing but i guess nearly a week has passed ..... maybe not

What a bummer... We are in the same position, had a viewing on Wednesday which went well..just waiting to see if they make a 2nd booking..I know how it feels as the days go by..Let's all try to stay positive, things are improving and hopefully these ditherers will have competion soon.

(I might organise some fake interest to to get them worried.....)
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Hello all,

There's not a lot happening with me at the moment. I've signed of the details of the house, sounds quite nice actually, makes me quite proud of it

Interestingly the house that just up the road from me is now proudly displaying SOLD. Completely different house from ours, down side to it. Busy part of the road (I'm in the sought after end ), tiny garden (I've got a huge one), small bedrooms (mine are big).

So if someone's going to buy that, surely that's good news for us Plus it was only on the market for about 4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone waiting for people to come back to them. Let's hope the phones are red hot today with people wanting to book viewings

Janine
Hi Janine - well that sounds encouraging.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

LOL corrupt the nation into buying our houses.

I feel really bad because Im sitting waiting for surveyor to ring...like i have over last 3 weeks....and phone rang, it was Con, so I said 'oh its only you' didnt mean it like that but you know, he was at casualty, had three pieces of metal in his eye that had to be taken out. eugghhh..Feel really bad now that I wasnt more supportive, just wanted him off the phone in case surveyor called
Sounds painful

It's always the way, I'm always putting my foot in it big time

Janine
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
What a bummer... We are in the same position, had a viewing on Wednesday which went well..just waiting to see if they make a 2nd booking..I know how it feels as the days go by..Let's all try to stay positive, things are improving and hopefully these ditherers will have competion soon.

(I might organise some fake interest to to get them worried.....)
Im good at faking it
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

OMG Fly that had me in stitches - Bet you were crapping yourself for a minute there.
Hilarious story Flyaway, could match it with tales of A & E and what people put where the sun don't shine. Had a man once who padlocked his willy and firebrigade couldn't get lock off so poor locksmith had to remove it!!
Originally Posted by dinky2
Great thanks

Sale still progressing, survey done, waiting for searches now. Buyers still seem really keen, have everything crossed that this is the one
Have even started looking at shippers and planning a holiday on the way to Oz. Work have lined up a replacement for me (haven't handed notice in yet!) so all in all, we will be absolutely gutted if this one falls through....
Fingers crossed
Fingers croossed for you, nail biting stuff.

Originally Posted by nickywes
My MIL won't even get a goodbye from us as she dumped OH when he got ill, sick cow!! Not seen him once in 8 months, nice woman.
She sounds a mare (as in nightmare not the equine variety)

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I'm doing a full belly chuckle here
I apologise to anyone I may have offended, just couldn't resist it sorry
Beth x x
Beth where are you getting these photos, did you rig up the bike yourself, have had to scroll down quickly as DD behind me

Originally Posted by Icarus
is that a seat cum saddle ?

Put an offer in on the other house so they cant buy it and have to buy yours and then withdraw you offer:eek
Cheeky but great idea.

Well kids off this week so had to read about twenty pages to catch up as don't get on computer. We had 10 minutes notice on wednesday for a viewing I had kids everywhere and guess what he asked for a second viewing with his partner last night. So waiting for feedback, OH thinks they will offer but I am not getting hopes up. They have no where to sell!
Fingers crossed.

Flyaway - I am sure OH will be fully recovered soon, at least they didn't ask for expensive medical reports. Hope you hear from your viewer soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.