Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by suart
been brought back to reality!!!!!!!!!!

Have phone call about 12.30pm to say that one of my close family members has only a few hours to live. Im very sad at the minute but it has made me think. We on here are hurrying to sell ours houses to go to oz, we r wishing time away for the best selling time of the year. It has just made me realise that life is short enought with out wishing time away.

sorry about being a bit depressive to you all, just had to share my thoughts with you all.

Lets hope that we do all sell though soon
Oh you poor thing. Sending you big hugs and hope you can get through this.

You're right, sometimes it takes something like this to make us realise what is important.

Take care hun.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:18 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Have phone call about 12.30pm to say that one of my close family members has only a few hours to live. Im very sad at the minute but it has made me think. We on here are hurrying to sell ours houses to go to oz, we r wishing time away for the best selling time of the year. It has just made me realise that life is short enought with out wishing time away.

sorry about being a bit depressive to you all, just had to share my thoughts with you all.

sad news , all the best
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Sending thoughts to you and your family
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:11 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Janine
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Hope things are OK as they can be Suart - we are all thinking of you.

My news today is that I've just had 3 agents round to my rental flat. 2 gave a value of £180K or £170 for quick sale. The third gave a value of £165K with £160K for a quick sale.

Now there is another flat for sale in the same block for £162K. It isn't as nice as mine and has been on the market for about 4 months and they have reduced the price down from £165K.

My gut feeling is to put it on at £160K, undercut the other flat and hope to sell really quickly. 2 of the agents told me I would be losing money if I did this. It costs me approx £700pcm to run empty, so obviously 6 months on the market would cost £4200.

What do you guys think. Am I too jaundiced after 9 months on the WPHS??
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi everyone thanks for the kind words, my nana died at 5.30am today, at least she's not in pain any more (god love her).

Fly away I think with the property market being the way it is you should put it on the market for 160k, I know you might be loosing money but for a quick sale it will be worth it.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all,

Hope things are OK as they can be Suart - we are all thinking of you.

My news today is that I've just had 3 agents round to my rental flat. 2 gave a value of £180K or £170 for quick sale. The third gave a value of £165K with £160K for a quick sale.

Now there is another flat for sale in the same block for £162K. It isn't as nice as mine and has been on the market for about 4 months and they have reduced the price down from £165K.

My gut feeling is to put it on at £160K, undercut the other flat and hope to sell really quickly. 2 of the agents told me I would be losing money if I did this. It costs me approx £700pcm to run empty, so obviously 6 months on the market would cost £4200.

What do you guys think. Am I too jaundiced after 9 months on the WPHS??

I would undercut in the hope you sell first.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi everyone thanks for the kind words, my nana died at 5.30am today, at least she's not in pain any more (god love her).

Fly away I think with the property market being the way it is you should put it on the market for 160k, I know you might be loosing money but for a quick sale it will be worth it.
Sincere condolences to you and your family
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All.......

Not posted on here before, haven't got our house on the market yet, but found this site and thought you might want to take a look.....
http://www.estateangels.co.uk/house_prices
Put in your postcode and it tells you whats sold recently in your area and at what price the properties have gone for....hope this helps any of you out there....

Good Luck in selling.....
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So sorry to hear that. I hope you are Ok hun. Sending you big hugs ((((()))))

Can't believe you took the time to answer my query about price. Hope it took your mind off things for a minute anyway.

Take care
xxxx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I would undercut in the hope you sell first.
Thanks - that was my thought too.

Originally Posted by memewest
Hi All.......

Not posted on here before, haven't got our house on the market yet, but found this site and thought you might want to take a look.....
http://www.estateangels.co.uk/house_prices
Put in your postcode and it tells you whats sold recently in your area and at what price the properties have gone for....hope this helps any of you out there....

Good Luck in selling.....
Thanks - I'll check that out.

Hope you don't have too much trouble selling when you do go on the market.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:25 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone thanks for the kind words, my nana died at 5.30am today, at least she's not in pain any more (god love her)
Big hugs coming your way (((((((((())))))))))
Thinking of you,
Beth x x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:30 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

ALERT!!!!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'VE GOT A BLOODY VIEWING THIS THURSDAY

Apparently they've driven past a few times and are really interested

Beth x x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:32 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic news.... best of luck!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:37 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
ALERT!!!!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'VE GOT A BLOODY VIEWING THIS THURSDAY

Apparently they've driven past a few times and are really interested

Beth x x
YAY !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.