Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
I know it's not just my house........I'm just a bit fed up of nothing happening at all. Dropped £40k off price, nice new house that someone can just move straight into.......blah, blah, blah
EA said there's nothing we can do to improve the house, it's perfect.....we just have to wait!!!!! :curse:
Beth x x
Its a lot to drop price wise, as soon as buyers start are looking I am sure yours will sell quickly, it is a bargain. Waiting is so hard though isn't it, I do feel for you we have only dropped ours £25,000 so far, but we are £40,000 under next door as we thought we had priced ours to sell when we first put it on the market. In paper again on Friday, fingers crossed we get something from that, we can just live in hope.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Sales meeting for what?
Surely not house sales, it would last all of about 2 seconds!!!!!:curse:
I know !!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't get hold on our EA on Thursday, he was at the races:curse: Jason did ring another EA on Friday, they said they would ring us back, we are still waiting for that call
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

LOL......choice of two TBH Nic Should know by this weekend for def tho.
Gone really dark here and started hailstoning........really cold too.
Beth x x
Now started hailing here but still sunny.

Good luck with the decision. I'm sure your gut instinct will tell you what to do.

Originally Posted by wardy2
Good news and bad news........

Bad news no more viewings booked.

Good news ...we got our visas this morning ...YAAAYYYYYY :
Kaye x
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Well done Kaye!!!

Honestly, I go off line for 2 hours and someone gets a visa.

Originally Posted by suart
Morning all just thought I would pop on and say hi!!!!!!
Well I decided over the weekend to sack my current EA as they said they would pull out all the stops to get my property sold. Guess what they send 1 booklet out in 14 days (id hate to see them not pull all the stops out).
I cannot wait to go in and give them there 14 days notice and then i am going to contact my new EA hopefully it will help get some more viewers
Good luck everyone who is awaiting viewers hopefully they will be knocking our front doors down over the easter period ( well I can hope)
Take care emma
Go Emma, Go Emma!!!

I had another EA in today too. Will have to discuss with OH but probably sign with them. they promise better advertising and contacts with builders etc. Same fee, so no loss.

Originally Posted by nanny2six
morning Tawkins ive made boo boo's on here today lack of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i think, thought only half my message had gone, so did the other half again, only to find the whole thing had been posted: have a good day:
I shouldn't worry - no one minds typos.

Are you heading out to Perth to be with your family N26??

I know it's not just my house........I'm just a bit fed up of nothing happening at all. Dropped £40k off price, nice new house that someone can just move straight into.......blah, blah, blah
EA said there's nothing we can do to improve the house, it's perfect.....we just have to wait!!!!! Beth x x
It's a bummer isn't it? I'm sure someone will come along soon. They'd better, otherwise I'm going out on the street and beat people until they view your house.

Sales meeting for what?
Surely not house sales, it would last all of about 2 seconds!!!!!
ROFPMSL!!! They just need to say no sales, this week and that's it!

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I know !!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't get hold on our EA on Thursday, he was at the races

Betting the commission he hasn't earnt.:curse:

Jason did ring another EA on Friday, they said they would ring us back, we are still waiting for that call:

Now that's amazing, they normally chase you for business. I bet you don't want to use them now.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:12 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Sales meeting for what?
Surely not house sales, it would last all of about 2 seconds!!!!!:curse:

you are so right, they are all a waist of space, i put them in the same box as Dr receptionists:curse:
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Now started hailing here but still sunny.

I had another EA in today too. Will have to discuss with OH but probably sign with them. they promise better advertising and contacts with builders etc. Same fee, so no loss.

It's a bummer isn't it? I'm sure someone will come along soon. They'd better, otherwise I'm going out on the street and beat people until they view your house.

ROFPMSL!!! They just need to say no sales, this week and that's it!

Now that's amazing, they normally chase you for business. I bet you don't want to use them now.
We have snow on and off, we have the living room light on it is that dark outside

Good Luck with the new EA.

Jason saw a car on the drive looking on Friday evening and also yesterday, he has said that next time he sees a car he is going to go out and drag them in for a look round.

I know, I really can't understand why it takes them so long Probably discussing that when Mr Brown rings, to say no-one is available:curse:

We certainly won't be using them, but it does seem to be a re-occuring theme with estate agents.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We have snow on and off, we have the living room light on it is that dark outside

Good Luck with the new EA.

Jason saw a car on the drive looking on Friday evening and also yesterday, he has said that next time he sees a car he is going to go out and drag them in for a look round.

I know, I really can't understand why it takes them so long Probably discussing that when Mr Brown rings, to say no-one is available:curse:

We certainly won't be using them, but it does seem to be a re-occuring theme with estate agents.
LOL, I feel like that - I often see people having a look.

Bloomin EAs - they'll happily take your money but won't provide the service. GRRR
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Forgot to say, spoke to OH and he remembered to go to the GP - who said he was fine now, chest infection cleared. he will write the letter to the meds Dr, but we have to pay for it. Don't know how much yet.

Hope you don't have to pay Hayles. Maybe you could speed them up if you do though!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, I feel like that - I often see people having a look.

Bloomin EAs - they'll happily take your money but won't provide the service. GRRR
It is SOOOO frustrating isn't it, we have seen quite a few cars, we even watched one take down the EA number from the board while at the end of the drive, but we still don't get any viewers. You would have thought that after seeing 2 cars, we might at least have had one viewing, on saying that if anyone did try and ring the EA this morning, they wouldn't have got through to anyone:curse:
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Just spoke to My G.P.s secretary she was EXTREMELY apologetic, the Dr had misplaced the requests and will deal with them today or tomorrow, no word of payment yet!!

Think this is going to be a progressive week for me, am due to have a stressfree week I reckon I am going to have to down some spatone as I am anaemic again and its making me too tired to deal with anything.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, we have heard from the second estate agent, we didn't tell him we were already on the market we mentioned our house price and next doors and what his opinion of the housing market was and if we were to put our house on the market how quickley did he think it would sell.

He was very encouraging and told us that there are 2 periods of time in the year when the property market is busier than normal, from the middle of March to the middle of April and the end of September into October. So fingers crossed for us all

This is exactly what our EA told Jason when they spoke on Friday and Jason apologised for his colourful language, so we will stay where we are until April then consider moving EA's if we haven't sold

Last edited by Jasonmb; Mar 3rd 2008 at 3:08 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:19 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Good news and bad news........

Bad news no more viewings booked.

Good news ...we got our visas this morning ...YAAAYYYYYY

Kaye x
Congratulations Wardy. That's one less thing to worry about.

I've not been online at all this weekend as it was my dd birthday. We went toboganning at Milton Keynes on Saturday. We had a great time

We've had no viewings fixed up so far, but am hopeful that we'll get some in for the weekend.

The lady who came to view the house last week apparently told the EA that it wasn't big enough Obviously can't read measurements of floor plans then

Good luck to everyone for this week.

Janine
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

been brought back to reality!!!!!!!!!!

Have phone call about 12.30pm to say that one of my close family members has only a few hours to live. Im very sad at the minute but it has made me think. We on here are hurrying to sell ours houses to go to oz, we r wishing time away for the best selling time of the year. It has just made me realise that life is short enought with out wishing time away.

sorry about being a bit depressive to you all, just had to share my thoughts with you all.

Lets hope that we do all sell though soon
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:09 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Have phone call about 12.30pm to say that one of my close family members has only a few hours to live. Im very sad at the minute but it has made me think. We on here are hurrying to sell ours houses to go to oz, we r wishing time away for the best selling time of the year. It has just made me realise that life is short enought with out wishing time away.

sorry about being a bit depressive to you all, just had to share my thoughts with you all.

Sending my thoughts to your family,
Beth x x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:11 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you and all your family big hugs and our too
Joyce x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is SOOOO frustrating isn't it, we have seen quite a few cars, we even watched one take down the EA number from the board while at the end of the drive, but we still don't get any viewers: You would have thought that after seeing 2 cars, we might at least have had one viewing, on saying that if anyone did try and ring the EA this morning, they wouldn't have got through to anyone::
It's so annoying but maybe they do actually manage to get through and then can't afford the house when they hear the price??

Hopefully, eventually someone will be able to afford it and will book a viewing!

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Just spoke to My G.P.s secretary she was EXTREMELY apologetic, the Dr had misplaced the requests and will deal with them today or tomorrow, no word of payment yet!!:

Think this is going to be a progressive week for me, am due to have a stressfree week I reckon:: I am going to have to down some spatone as I am anaemic again and its making me too tired to deal with anything.
Sounds like things are coming together at last for you Hayles.

It also sounds like you need a trip to the GP to find out why you are anaemic. Hope you feel better soon.

Well, we have heard from the second estate agent, we didn't tell him we were already on the market we mentioned our house price and next doors and what his opinion of the housing market was and if we were to put our house on the market how quickley did he think it would sell.

He was very encouraging and told us that there are 2 periods of time in the year when the property market is busier than normal, from the middle of March to the middle of April and the end of September into October. So fingers crossed for us all

This is exactly what our EA told Jason when they spoke on Friday and Jason apologised for his colourful language, so we will stay where we are until April then consider moving EA's if we haven't sold::
Let's hope it is prime selling time for all of us!!

LOL at your OH apologising.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Congratulations Wardy. That's one less thing to worry about.

I've not been online at all this weekend as it was my dd birthday. We went toboganning at Milton Keynes on Saturday. We had a great time

We've had no viewings fixed up so far, but am hopeful that we'll get some in for the weekend.

The lady who came to view the house last week apparently told the EA that it wasn't big enough : Obviously can't read measurements of floor plans then ::

Good luck to everyone for this week.

Janine
Glad to hear you've been having fun - it's the best idea, try and forget all about it and hope it all turns out OK in the end.

Viewers are a nightmare - there is ALWAYS some nit picky thing which you have never considered a problem. then there are the ones who don't read the details properly. I reckon they just see the picture of a pretty house and want to see inside.:curse::curse:

Good luck everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.