Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:10 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Typical! I suppose if you can afford a house more than a million, you wouldn't be worried about the housing market and people in the lower band have to move house. Which just leaves the middle band where people have to get big mortgages, so they are very cautious.

So glad to hear that your brood are all settled and those that want to come to Oz are coming. At least you won't be lonely over there and the others will be out to visit and maybe you can persuade them to stay too...

Good luck with the advert. Hope you can attract some viewers in with the stamp duty thing. I am watching carefully.

Oh God, don't even imagine being here next year....
Lonely, never in this house but over there they are all going travelling apparently. Mind you god knows how they will pay for that.

Don't want them all living with me again thanks, if they don't like me telling them to do something they all gang up on me and I like looking after them from a distance!! Plus all that god awful music they play!

Most of the time I am only useful when they need money or for serious advice otherwise they are ADULTS and don't need help.
Time for some life for us.

Will let you know if we get a response. Have viewers not come back to you yet. I don't understand because when we wanted this house it was all systems go immediately and I was afraid of losing it. With some people though there is no urgency is there.

Nicky x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:16 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Just thought I would attach a photo of all the kids bar the youngest not long after they moved in almost ten years ago now.

Nicky
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House seller-5-kids-1.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Lonely, never in this house but over there they are all going travelling apparently. Mind you god knows how they will pay for that.

I wonder??? LOL, I think they have plans for your equity!

Don't want them all living with me again thanks, if they don't like me telling them to do something they all gang up on me and I like looking after them from a distance!! Plus all that god awful music they play!

LOL - definately a case of self preservation.

Most of the time I am only useful when they need money or for serious advice otherwise they are ADULTS and don't need help.
Time for some life for us.

You deserve a wonderful 'restful' time In Aus!

Will let you know if we get a response. Have viewers not come back to you yet. I don't understand because when we wanted this house it was all systems go immediately and I was afraid of losing it. With some people though there is no urgency is there.

Nicky x
No we haven't heard anything today, so mentally I have reduced the likelihood of them being 'the ones'. As you say, if they loved it, they would book again as soon as they could. So we are probably on a short list. they may well carry on looking for a while. I know I did for a few weeks when I was looking at the house and it was our 2nd choice. We couldn't get an offer accepted on the 1st choice.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would attach a photo of all the kids bar the youngest not long after they moved in almost ten years ago now.

Nicky
That's a lovely photo Nicky - they aren't arguing in it - how did you manage that?

You must be so proud of them all now. Is that you with the 2 older girls in your avatar?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:33 am

That's a lovely photo Nicky - they aren't arguing in it - how did you manage that?

You must be so proud of them all now. Is that you with the 2 older girls in your avatar?
The photo is of my two eldest with me, it was a photoshoot they got me for my birthday which was nice but I ended up paying for all the photos LOL x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The photo is of my two eldest with me, it was a photoshoot they got me for my birthday which was nice but I ended up paying for all the photos LOL x
That was a good present then if it cost you money.

The girls look like you don't they? You are very tall and slender. (Jealous, I am short and dumpy!)
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:46 am

That was a good present then if it cost you money.

The girls look like you don't they? You are very tall and slender. (Jealous, I am short and dumpy!)
One of them really looks like me but darker skin and the other one not so much. My middle girl and Jackie's eldest girl could easily be sisters they look so much alike.
I have put on 2 1/2 stone since then and even though quite tall can't hide it so much now. Back to dieting cos I am not going to Oz looking like this. Am just off to netball now (as a coach not a player anymore) so won't burn off much there.

Short and dumpy is good!!

Nicky x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome Wolfman
I can still imagine being on here next year moaning. I think the renting thing may be a good option if not sold soon. Would you come back in a year to put back on the market again?

Nicky x
Hi Nicky,

No we wont be coming back next year. Just had head man EA around today for a cuppa!
We are leaving it on market until end March, then if not sold it will be advertised to let (same agent, so they are still getting a wack), goes to whoever comes 1st. If its rental then it will be taken off market but kept as an 'open file' with agents to avoid another HIP. Let it for a year, so it will put us next spring again -6mths no good as puts us in winter.
We have instructed solicitors to act in our absence, and agents
will have keys, to do viewings on either sale or let. friends will also have a set to keep an eye on things. We do have friends in rental at the mo. who rent thru same agent, and they confirm that they do visit religiously every 3mths & have a good nose around.
Not much choice really as OH starts new job in Brisbane 17th march.

angiek/flyaway...one of you guys in south wales. The mention of Cardiff gave me a clue...I work in cardiff, but live in the Vale - where you heading?
seems 1/2 of south wales is heading for Oz

Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Hi Nicky,

No we wont be coming back next year. Just had head man EA around today for a cuppa!
We are leaving it on market until end March, then if not sold it will be advertised to let (same agent, so they are still getting a wack), goes to whoever comes 1st. If its rental then it will be taken off market but kept as an 'open file' with agents to avoid another HIP. Let it for a year, so it will put us next spring again -6mths no good as puts us in winter.
will have keys, to do viewings on either sale or let. friends will also have a set to keep an eye on things. We do have friends in rental at the mo. who rent thru same agent, and they confirm that they do visit religiously every 3mths & have a good nose around.

angiek/flyaway...one of you guys in south wales. The mention of Cardiff gave me a clue...I work in cardiff, but live in the Vale - where you heading?

Hi there

we were hoping to be in oz NOW, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse::curse::

we are going to the sunshine coast.

angiek
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Hi Nicky,

Hi Wolfman,

I'm in Cardiff, yes! AngieK, Suesk, SparkyWife and BethandAndrew on this thread are all in South Wales too. Seems like the housing slump has hit us the hardest.

Did you know there is a South Wales meet every month in Cardiff? The next one is on Sunday 24th. We'll all be there moaning about our house sales or lack of. You should join us.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Oh well just thought I would give you all another update, The first time viewers that came have decided to put an offer in on another house
Its driving me mad just wish I had the bottle to give the mortgage company the keys back and say fuxx it, well you can tell what mood im in tonight, good luck
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suart
Oh well just thought I would give you all another update, The first time viewers that came have decided to put an offer in on another house
Its driving me mad just wish I had the bottle to give the mortgage company the keys back and say fuxx it, well you can tell what mood im in tonight, good luck
I think the "fuxx it" gives the mood away Tomorrow is another day, hopefully a better one. Jason and I had agreed not to drink during the week, but I did get myself a bottle of wine for tonight as my mood is very similar - I could kill type mood:curse:.

It can only get better for us all on here. I have seen a few more sale boards go up over the last couple of days, Ok they are sale boards rather than sold boards, and it does mean more competition, but we are coming into the time of year when we will start to see some movement, we are just over a week until we are into March and I know that we will start to see things picking up from then.

I met a friend I used to work with last week, I used to work for a mortgage company repossessing houses and then selling them. She admitted that they are busy at work with the possessions but not with the sales, but they know that the sales element will start to pick up next month and are preparing to be busy.

We will all have some viewers very soon and start to see the offers coming in. I do know someone who has had an offer on her house, OK it was well under asking price but it is a start with the negotiations.

Everything crossed for everyone and some movement and good news soon and I am sure it will be like buses, once one of us gets an offer a few more will follow very close behind

Enjoy your evening
Tracy
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

No news from me yet Might call EA today to see if they heard anything from the couple who came round for a 2nd viewing. Well good news is the other house that they like it still on market too
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by suart
Oh Suart, how depressing. I know they chose the other house, but it does show that your house is attractive to buyers. The other house is now off the market too. Try and hold on a few more weeks for the spring market. I know that's not much help, but I do understand exactly how you feel.

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I think the "fuxx it" gives the mood away Tomorrow is another day, hopefully a better one. Jason and I had agreed not to drink during the week, but I did get myself a bottle of wine for tonight as my mood is very similar - I could kill type mood.

It can only get better for us all on here. I have seen a few more sale boards go up over the last couple of days, Ok they are sale boards rather than sold boards, and it does mean more competition, but we are coming into the time of year when we will start to see some movement, we are just over a week until we are into March and I know that we will start to see things picking up from then.

I met a friend I used to work with last week, I used to work for a mortgage company repossessing houses and then selling them. She admitted that they are busy at work with the possessions but not with the sales, but they know that the sales element will start to pick up next month and are preparing to be busy.

We will all have some viewers very soon and start to see the offers coming in. I do know someone who has had an offer on her house, OK it was well under asking price but it is a start with the negotiations.

Everything crossed for everyone and some movement and good news soon and I am sure it will be like buses, once one of us gets an offer a few more will follow very close behind

Enjoy your evening
Tracy
Good advice Tracy.

Originally Posted by spaceys
No news from me yet Might call EA today to see if they heard anything from the couple who came round for a 2nd viewing. Well good news is the other house that they like it still on market too
You must be biting your fingernails Spaceys. I wonder if they are seeing a mortgage broker or something to work out what they can afford to offer? Fingers crossed that you hear something soon.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

They are a retired couple so wouldnt of thought they would be getting a mortgage They are out of area, i might go and have a look at the other house they like i know where it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.