Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
My day just gets better Look at the thread on the Australian forum about my costs so far for the visa process!!!!
Beth x x

OUCH Beth, that is a lot
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:38 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
OUCH Beth, that is a lot
Tell me about it
Really shocked at how much we've paid out already!!!!
Beth x x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Tracy

And you said you were not organized, you are but you just don't no it yet.

Yes good on you go for it you will have definatley achieved something by sorting out the room. You won't feel as fed up and you can sing to the radio.
I am so pleased that you have decided to do a bit of sorting.
Did you write a list?

I have got rid of a few bits but thats all.

Soon as the first timer buyers houses start to sell yours and mine will follow on and the rest on this site.

I have had people who just wanted a nose none had there houses for sale.
Not had a sniff sice November but springs coming soon.
But I like to look on the bright side and it gave me a bit of experience.
I hated it and could not waite for them to go, maybe I will feel better when they are genuine buyers.

Speak soon
Julie
Hi Julie

We are fairly organised for the move, but frustrated at the lack of interest in the house. I didn't make a list, we only have 2 bed, bathroom and a landing on the top floor, I started in the bathroom and then had a good clear of the kids clothes. To be honest a list of things to do is probably a good idea. I have washed in and amongst and checked BE occasionally

We will sell soon, I know, just being far too impatient. Spring is coming and that will make a difference to us all and hopefully bring the genuine buyers out of the woodwork

Speak Soon
Tracy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corgi
Soon as the first timer buyers houses start to sell yours and mine will follow on and the rest on this site.

I have had people who just wanted a nose none had there houses for sale.
Not had a sniff sice November but springs coming soon.
But I like to look on the bright side and it gave me a bit of experience.
I hated it and could not waite for them to go, maybe I will feel better when they are genuine buyers.

Speak soon
Julie
Yes let's all hope the FTB's start buying soon.

I know what you mean about not liking people round. I always knew when they were carpet shufflers.

I'm sure you will have some genuine viewers soon.
xxx

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Blimey, I log off early and go out for the day and come back to find 4 pages have been written whilst I've been away

Fly, hope your cautiously optimistic view pays off

My EA is dropping particulars and agreement for us to sign off tonight. That's all the news I have at the moment.

Janine
Thanks . Once you've signed, that's it, you're committed to the WPHS thread for the duration. Look at me and Gonnago, we've been here since last summer.

Hope you can sell faster than us!

Fingers crossed that they will come back for a second viewing, although and I don't want to be negative or put a dampner on this, but our one and only viewer who did come back for a second look also said he was interested and would put an offer in, and he has not been seen since either Cautiously Optimistic is a very good viewpoint

Will have everything crossed for you

Tracy
Thanks Tracy,

I have had so many people look promising and some even swear they were going to put an offer in and then nothing...So I am quite realistic about this now. these people may come back. That's about it.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Nothing FLY, I sent her a text yesterday (am doing that almost daily atm as she is te only one who can chase this side of things) she says she had been onto bank yesterday and was going in to moan some more at lunch time....i have heard nothing since.....cant believe that is ANOTHER month gone that I wont have exchanged.
You poor thing. I hope tomorrow has some good news for you. Maybe you could tell the buyer to tell the mortgage company that they will lose the house unless they do the survey this week. Would she do this?

It has been a busy day, hope you had a good day out, although it has been cold it is lovely and bright. We are still waiting for our EA to ring us back from Monday - not a good sign really is it !

Good Luck with yours

Tracy
Ah well, it was foggy and rainy here (because we had viewers.) So you got our weather from yesterday. Ring your EA up and ask why he hasn't returned your call. that would surprise him. (snigger)

Hope you get some viewers soon.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Lets hope this is the buyer for you, fingers crossed.
Just as a matter of interest, what does having a different EA do that another one doesn't to attract buyers. If you have the house in the paper and all the main internet sites, what else can they do apart from drag them off the street. I am curious because ours has only sent 1 viewer in 7 weeks (dodgy EA sent 2) and he is now coming round tomorrow at 12 to discuss things with us. We have discussed putting it with someone else but really don't know what to do.

What time does Sparkys Wife have her viewer going, anyone know?

Nicky
I'm not sure what an EA CAN do really. They can't make people want to move house and book viewings, they can just jolly people along if they are getting cold feet.

We had a leaflet through from an EA called Savills who claimed to compile lists of executives who were relocating and match them up to houses. I have considered getting them in to value this house, just to see what they said. Might be worth you looking them up??

Was SparkyW's viewing at 3????

My day just gets better Look at the thread on the Australian forum about my costs so far for the visa process!!!!
Beth x x
Just going to have a look Beth. Hope everything is OK.

Ohh my goodness, we have been with our EA nearly 7 weeks, have been in the papers 3 times and are on Rightmove. Now before Christmas we decided to advertise our home privately sellmyownhome, houseladder etc, the reason being that we only wanted VERY interested people coming over christmas, so they would have to be really looking, to find us on some of these sites - this was when we were in the dreamworld where we were going to have buyers fighting to buy our home - anyhow and the point to this, we have just had an email which reads

Hi there,

I was surfing a private home owners website and caught hold of your home, I am interested and would like to know if your house is still available for sale. I would also like to know if the price is negotiable.

Thanks,

We have responded, hopefully with not too much desperation, confirming still for sale and open to offers. Please, please let him respond and want to come and see the house, although not today as I couldn't have it tidy enough in time I should have taken Julies advice

Tracy
How exciting!! Have they got back to you yet??? We almost sold ours through Houseladder - buyers pulled out in the end, but it does bring viewers in.

Get cleaning! LOL

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
Just round to a friend's so the children can let off a bit of steam. I think they hate being at home with me :

It's been foggy, cloudy and cold here today.

Hopefully your EA will ring soon
Good luck

Janine
Same here - yesterday was lovely though. Fingers crossed for you Janine too.

Any posts after Janines weren't there when I started this marathon message!! I'm not ignoring you.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:23 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yes let's all hope the FTB's start buying soon.

I know what you mean about not liking people round. I always knew when they were carpet shufflers.

I'm sure you will have some genuine viewers soon.
xxx

Thanks . Once you've signed, that's it, you're committed to the WPHS thread for the duration. Look at me and Gonnago, we've been here since last summer.

Hope you can sell faster than us!

Thanks Tracy,

I have had so many people look promising and some even swear they were going to put an offer in and then nothing...So I am quite realistic about this now. these people may come back. That's about it.

You poor thing. I hope tomorrow has some good news for you. Maybe you could tell the buyer to tell the mortgage company that they will lose the house unless they do the survey this week. Would she do this?

Ah well, it was foggy and rainy here (because we had viewers.) So you got our weather from yesterday. Ring your EA up and ask why he hasn't returned your call. that would surprise him. (snigger)

Hope you get some viewers soon.

I'm not sure what an EA CAN do really. They can't make people want to move house and book viewings, they can just jolly people along if they are getting cold feet.

We had a leaflet through from an EA called Savills who claimed to compile lists of executives who were relocating and match them up to houses. I have considered getting them in to value this house, just to see what they said. Might be worth you looking them up??

Was SparkyW's viewing at 3????

Just going to have a look Beth. Hope everything is OK.

How exciting!! Have they got back to you yet??? We almost sold ours through Houseladder - buyers pulled out in the end, but it does bring viewers in.

Get cleaning! LOL

Same here - yesterday was lovely though. Fingers crossed for you Janine too.

Any posts after Janines weren't there when I started this marathon message!! I'm not ignoring you.
I have heard of Savills, I think they sell the higher value houses around here, might have a look at them too. I hate people coming to look round the house and feel very uncomfortable when they are here. We sort of hang around downstairs and don't know what to do while EA shows them but right now I would settle for a coach load coming round for a viewing and dinner too.

As for getting organised, we have so much stuff here and have decided that the whole family are hoarders. OH is a builder and he has got all sorts of scrap bits of wood and bricks everywhere but won't chuck them away. Looks like we might need 2 containers!!!

Nicky
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:32 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure the kids had a great day, although I am sorry about the weather, we have had a lovely day

We will ring him Friday - hopefully hubby will shout at him then

Tracy
Yeah, they did - although tired and irritable now

Good on hubby - hope it makes him feel better

Saw your earlier post about the private sale - hope it works out for you.

Janine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:36 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Once you've signed, that's it, you're committed to the WPHS thread for the duration. Look at me and Gonnago, we've been here since last summer.

Yes, I'm starting to see that now

We have Savills round here as well. They are more in the town centre which doesn't cover our area but I have heard nothing bad about them.

Janine
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it
Really shocked at how much we've paid out already!!!!
Beth x x
OMG Beth - I daren't work out what we've paid, (especially the agents fees that they won't refund. GRRRR). It'd better be worth it eh??

I have heard of Savills, I think they sell the higher value houses around here, might have a look at them too. I hate people coming to look round the house and feel very uncomfortable when they are here. We sort of hang around downstairs and don't know what to do while EA shows them but right now I would settle for a coach load coming round for a viewing and dinner too.

As for getting organised, we have so much stuff here and have decided that the whole family are hoarders. OH is a builder and he has got all sorts of scrap bits of wood and bricks everywhere but won't chuck them away. Looks like we might need 2 containers!!!

Nicky

You sound just like us. We are hoarders too. I have decided to get rid of most of my furniture and try and be ruthless with the other stuff. Haven't got far with the sorting though.

Let me know what you think if you do speak to Savills. They were my next port of call if the current EA didn't do the trick.

Hope you get a coach load of viewers round soon.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

I am just sat here pressing send/receive on email and have been since I responded to the private buyer at 16.16 - think I am going to wear it out before the end of the night.

By process of elimination we believe he is from the homesonsale site

Tracy - the mad woman
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:42 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I am just sat here pressing send/receive on email and have been since I responded to the private buyer at 16.16 - think I am going to wear it out before the end of the night.

Tracy - the mad woman
Thats funny Tracy, I used to do that while waiting for the visa.

I am going to see a medium tonight with a friend of mine. She went last year and said she was brilliant. I have never been to anything like that so am looking forward to what she has to say.
Maybe she will look into her crystal ball and tell me when we will move to Oz and when the house will get sold!! Failing that, hope I get my sister come through.
Will tell you more when I get home if OH doesn't moan about the amount of time I spend on the laptop.

Nicky x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracy - the mad woman
Hiya Tracey Madwoman.

Have they replied yet???? We're all on pins here.

I am going to see a medium tonight with a friend of mine. She went last year and said she was brilliant. I have never been to anything like that so am looking forward to what she has to say.
Maybe she will look into her crystal ball and tell me when we will move to Oz and when the house will get sold!! Failing that, hope I get my sister come through.
Will tell you more when I get home if OH doesn't moan about the amount of time I spend on the laptop.

Nicky x
How exciting - and a bit frightening.. You must come on line tonight and tell us how it goes. Sounds very interesting! Tell your OH that there are people on BE who need to know.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Nicky x
Yep, I did the same when we were waiting

Hope tonight goes Ok, can't wait to hear how it went later or tomorrow dependant upon the OH.

Tracy
x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya Tracey Madwoman.

Have they replied yet???? We're all on pins here.

Madwoman here - no emails, but I did give him our home number and Jason's mobile number (can never find mine and if it isn't on silent and I do have it with me, it has stopped ringing by the time I have found it at the bottom of my rather large handbag) I keep reading his email to see if I can see anyhing other than what it says and I have checked his name and email address on google just in case

Yep I have lost it, but we have a villa we rent out and the amount of enquiries we get, we respond, they say they want to book then we go back and forth while they mess us about and they are usually fraudsters who had no intention of booking, they obviously have nothing better to do, but we do and they have spent weeks messing us about and I was just wondering if he was going to do he same - he hasn't even rung and I am worried about him messing us about
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madwoman here - no emails, but I did give him our home number and Jason's mobile number (can never find mine and if it isn't on silent and I do have it with me, it has stopped ringing by the time I have found it at the bottom of my rather large handbag) I keep reading his email to see if I can see anyhing other than what it says and I have checked his name and email address on google just in case

Yep I have lost it, but we have a villa we rent out and the amount of enquiries we get, we respond, they say they want to book then we go back and forth while they mess us about and they are usually fraudsters who had no intention of booking, they obviously have nothing better to do, but we do and they have spent weeks messing us about and I was just wondering if he was going to do he same - he hasn't even rung and I am worried about him messing us about

He might not have picked up his emails yet???

I know what you mean, there are some time wasters out there.:curse: You are wise to try and check him out and be careful.

Fingers crossed you hear soon.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Tracy - the mad woman
Hope you hear something soon, sounds very promising

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.