Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Evening all

Well Cant remember what I have told you all so far. So here goes, EA hasnt spoke to viewer that we had round on saturday yet but he says this is normal for these buyers as they work all week and only get in touch at weekends so will see.

Viewer from Monday, this is actually a 2nd viewing they came round last year when house was 20k more and they were selling a property. They have now sold and really like our house and another house that is 35k more than ours . We live on a main road which is the only thing putting them off a bit so will see. Our house is v modern only 5 years old and this other house is a bungalow actually and is 20+ years old. Know which one i would go for but thing is they have sold now and we are flying in 5 weeks time so would be perfect if they went for ours..................fingers crossed
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceys
Evening all

Well Cant remember what I have told you all so far. So here goes, EA hasnt spoke to viewer that we had round on saturday yet but he says this is normal for these buyers as they work all week and only get in touch at weekends so will see.

Viewer from Monday, this is actually a 2nd viewing they came round last year when house was 20k more and they were selling a property. They have now sold and really like our house and another house that is 35k more than ours . We live on a main road which is the only thing putting them off a bit so will see. Our house is v modern only 5 years old and this other house is a bungalow actually and is 20+ years old. Know which one i would go for but thing is they have sold now and we are flying in 5 weeks time so would be perfect if they went for ours..................fingers crossed

I would also go for yours, sounds very promising - will keep everything crossed for you
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Thanks am just soooooo hoping they go for ours
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all

OOOO Spaceys! That sounds very promising. I really hope it swings your way. they sound ideal buyers. I would chose your house too!

Fingers crossed and sending Ks if I can.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Spaceys, will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Fly Away, how's everything with you? The meds? The viewers?

Not heard a dickie birdie from ours yesterday...
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Hayles.

Sorry to hear you have had problems too. They like to make it as difficult as they can don't they? Fingers crossed you get your reports soon. OH has to wait to get better - whenever that may be and then start trying to make an appointment with a Dr. You can't see a GP making time for a patient who is well can you?

Well, my viewers have been and gone. Said they really liked the house and will come back for another look. Now as a person to whom this has been said so many times before and then the people have completely disappeared off the face of the earth, I'll believe that when I see it....

Just had a quick shufty back, will keep everything crossed for you. Hopefully peeps are getting back to looking properly and there will be plenty of viewers. Sorry to hear about the meds having to be delayed in being sent off, hope OH feels much better soon. Sounded like doc was very thorough!

Last edited by Sparky wife; Feb 20th 2008 at 5:40 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:37 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all

Good luck Spaceys , this is the one
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope so . EA also said there were 3 other couples who are interested in the area so hopefully they will be able to arrange some more viewings as well.

Its so frustrating though when the EA doesnt get back to you after a viewing, it seems to be us phoning them all the time :curse:
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:22 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hope so . EA also said there were 3 other couples who are interested in the area so hopefully they will be able to arrange some more viewings as well.

Its so frustrating though when the EA doesnt get back to you after a viewing, it seems to be us phoning them all the time :curse:
thats bad news , how long do you give them ?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Spaceys - I have crossed my toes for you, as my fingers have been crossed for Fly all week....and still are I may add!!

Today is chase up day...EA, buyer, solicitor, Dr, and anyone else I can think to harass. Con nags me everynight to chase up so and so, he doesnt realise its not my place to chase the surveyor, as ....its not our surveyor!!! there is only so much chasing I can do!!! I hate not being in control, nobody else is as efficient and organised as me
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats exactly how I feel, not in control and it really bugs me :curse:

Just seems like everyone is just sitting around doing nothing, aaarrrhhh that really annoys me.

Good luck with it all
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Girls and Icarus

Just back from my FREE supermarket shop. (Courtesy of Nectar points.)

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Just had a quick shufty back, will keep everything crossed for you. Hopefully peeps are getting back to looking properly and there will be plenty of viewers. Sorry to hear about the meds having to be delayed in being sent off, hope OH feels much better soon. Sounded like doc was very thorough!
Thanks SparkyW.
Was pretty cross yesterday about the meds as the receptionist assured me the week before that having the flu wouldn't be a problem. I have now just got to get on with it, nothing else I can do. I know loads of other people have to get extra reports, so we are lucky really.

We are in the same boat as you - just have to wait and see if our viewers come back for a 2nd viewing. Did your EA give you any feedback?? Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure it's your turn soon.

Hope so. EA also said there were 3 other couples who are interested in the area so hopefully they will be able to arrange some more viewings as well.

Its so frustrating though when the EA doesnt get back to you after a viewing, it seems to be us phoning them all the time
Sounds like there is a lot of interest in your house. I am willing the EA to ring you back. (Buggers aren't they!) It's like torture isn't it, waiting for news?

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Good luck Spaceys - I have crossed my toes for you, as my fingers have been crossed for Fly all week....and still are I may add!!

Thanks Hayles xxxxx

Today is chase up day...EA, buyer, solicitor, Dr, and anyone else I can think to harass. Con nags me everynight to chase up so and so, he doesnt realise its not my place to chase the surveyor, as ....its not our surveyor!!! there is only so much chasing I can do!!! I hate not being in control, nobody else is as efficient and organised as me
Of course no one is as efficient and as organised as you. That's what makes it so bloomin frustrating.:curse: When we bought this house, I ended up chasing everyone because no one else seemed to have a clue how house sales actually worked. By the time we moved, I felt I'd been to war. Sending you big hugs hun. It must happen soon.

Thats exactly how I feel, not in control and it really bugs me

Just seems like everyone is just sitting around doing nothing, aaarrrhhh that really annoys me.

Good luck with it all
Exactly! Powerlessness makes you stressed. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hope everyone has a good day and we all get some offers soon.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:07 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Tracey Madwoman.

Have they replied yet???? We're all on pins here.

How exciting - and a bit frightening.. You must come on line tonight and tell us how it goes. Sounds very interesting! Tell your OH that there are people on BE who need to know.
Hi All Wish I knew how to multi-quote to say good luck to everyone, have everything crossed.
Anyway, on to my medium last night, could not post last night because by the time I got home and then told Paul all about it I felt not right to then pick up laptop again. It was amazing, I have never really known what to believe but this woman was saying stuff that she could not have known in a million years.
Her first words to me were "you are going to Australia aren't you", well the look on my face was incredible, gobsmacked. She said that April/May or possibly June life will pick up 100% and that although we won't be going as soon as hoped, we will definitely go. Apparently, it was my Dad and sister coming through and they were together. Now I know that some people will be thinking yeh right but the things she said were unbelievable, like you drive a blue car don't you, look at the front brakes (which I will)! Sister said don't forget my birthday at the end of the month, well it is Saturday! Sister said I did a good job of looking after her kids, how could she know that. She told me what my Dad and Sis died of and when, freaky. She told me all about my kids, who is oldest etc. and that they will all live fine lives in Australia!! One of my sisters kids will come too. She also told me about any ailments I had got (which I know about already) and that they would not cause problems. Lots of other things too and some names that I didn't know but will ask my mum about. I asked her about my husband and she just asked me his name and then went on to say "did he have a problem in his chest, a tumour, and pointed to it, then said that he will be fine and healthy.
I am now a firm believer and feel very uplifted today.

Good luck all.
Nicky xx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi All Wish I knew how to multi-quote to say good luck to everyone, have everything crossed.
Anyway, on to my medium last night, could not post last night because by the time I got home and then told Paul all about it I felt not right to then pick up laptop again. It was amazing, I have never really known what to believe but this woman was saying stuff that she could not have known in a million years.
Her first words to me were "you are going to Australia aren't you", well the look on my face was incredible, gobsmacked. She said that April/May or possibly June life will pick up 100% and that although we won't be going as soon as hoped, we will definitely go. Apparently, it was my Dad and sister coming through and they were together. Now I know that some people will be thinking yeh right but the things she said were unbelievable, like you drive a blue car don't you, look at the front brakes (which I will)! Sister said don't forget my birthday at the end of the month, well it is Saturday! Sister said I did a good job of looking after her kids, how could she know that. She told me what my Dad and Sis died of and when, freaky. She told me all about my kids, who is oldest etc. and that they will all live fine lives in Australia!! One of my sisters kids will come too. She also told me about any ailments I had got (which I know about already) and that they would not cause problems. Lots of other things too and some names that I didn't know but will ask my mum about. I asked her about my husband and she just asked me his name and then went on to say "did he have a problem in his chest, a tumour, and pointed to it, then said that he will be fine and healthy.
I am now a firm believer and feel very uplifted today.

Good luck all.
Nicky xx

Morning Nicky,

Wow, that sounds incredible. I wonder if you'll get an offer in April and move to Aus in June? That sounds a reasonable timescale. Only 5 weeks until April hun!!

So sorry to hear about your Dad and sister. It must be a great comfort to think they are watching over you. Do your sister's children spend a lot of time with you?

I was so pleased to hear that she had said your OH would be fine. How on earth did she know about his illness???

You have had such a lot to deal with Nicky that I am sure things will go well for you now. Sending you big hugs (((()))))

P.S. to multiquote, click on the little blue square next to 'quote' of every post you want to quote and then 'quote on the last one you want to quote.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi peeps

Yes we are still alive I see some still havent sold !!! we are in our flat settled now off to oz tomorrow for a 3 weeks break then for good in dec ekkkk

wondering which part we are allowed to go through at perth airport with passports the oz bit or visitors anyone know ?

Thanks

Amanda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.