Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Reedy
I hope all goes well for her too

Am off to bed as I feel like poo!!!!

Speak to you sometime this weekend no doubt!

Lau x
Take care and get a good night's sleep that should help. Hope you can get lots of rest over the weekend. Make Dunc take care of you!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Good luck Hayles fingers crossd its a smooth one.

We have another offer on our house.....you would think I would be excited 2 offers in 3 weeks.

This one is pap 12k under the offer we have accepted (with conditions) they are FTB's and on paper great buyers but 12k ...shes having a larrfff

She thinks we are desperate...don't think i'm that desperate
Good news though Kaye You still might be able to negotiate them up to the level of the other offer. This is what you pay the EA for!! They can truthfully say that you've had another higher offer and will accept one from them if they match it.

I'm sure you will sell soon, there is lots of interest.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:20 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

We have another offer on our house.....you would think I would be excited 2 offers in 3 weeks.

This one is pap 12k under the offer we have accepted (with conditions) they are FTB's and on paper great buyers but 12k ...shes having a larrfff

Well done on getting 2 offers!!!!!!
I'm still waiting for EA to ring me with an answer :curse:
Beth x x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:25 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say despite my wobble in the middle with them, they have been great.

The EA has told them we have a better offer and that house was originally on for 200k but reduced to 189k within 2 weeks because we wanted quick sale.

The EA warned us she and her partner were like this though, she has her mother coming on viewings with her and she seems to be the one making the decisions.

EA said they would have advised us not to take the offer, but they knew we wouldn't anyway.

House on the next block to ours, very similar, was sold at aution for 160k in Jan and needed complete modernisation.

So think we can do better that 173 k.

Hopefully FA the interest is sustained someone warned us the first 4 weeks was the "hotspot" and that after that its down hill.

Beth I hope your EA rings soon with some good news there has to be something out there for you.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well done on getting 2 offers!!!!!!
I'm still waiting for EA to ring me with an answer :curse:
Beth x x
Chin up Beth,

I'm sure they are playing a nasty game with you.:curse:

Ring the EA and insist your house is remarketed ASAP. Don't mention these people and if they ask say you have realised they aren't serious buyers. This should get the EA worried, as they don't want to do any work do they???

Big hug hun, so hard for you. (((())))
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:32 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Chin up Beth,

I'm sure they are playing a nasty game with you.:curse:

Ring the EA and insist your house is remarketed ASAP. Don't mention these people and if they ask say you have realised they aren't serious buyers. This should get the EA worried, as they don't want to do any work do they???

Big hug hun, so hard for you. (((())))
House is back on the market now This bloke sure is having a hard time making a decision isn't he?!!!!! LOL
I'd hate to go shopping with him ROTFLMAO
Imagine the wedding......'do you take this woman to be your lawfully weded wife?'...........'uuuuuummmmmmmmm?' Hee hee
Stuff him...........odd ball he is
Beth x x
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have to say despite my wobble in the middle with them, they have been great.

The EA has told them we have a better offer and that house was originally on for 200k but reduced to 189k within 2 weeks because we wanted quick sale.

The EA warned us she and her partner were like this though, she has her mother coming on viewings with her and she seems to be the one making the decisions.

EA said they would have advised us not to take the offer, but they knew we wouldn't anyway.

House on the next block to ours, very similar, was sold at aution for 160k in Jan and needed complete modernisation.

So think we can do better that 173 k.

Hopefully FA the interest is sustained someone warned us the first 4 weeks was the "hotspot" and that after that its down hill.

I know - we had 2 offers in the first 3 weeks - one too low and accepted the other. Wish to God, we had accepted the lower one as the other people pulled out after 2 months of messing us about. No offers since. Price now under what the first people offered.

Beth I hope your EA rings soon with some good news there has to be something out there for you.
Hopefully your EA will be able to talk sense into them or find someone better.

House is back on the market now This bloke sure is having a hard time making a decision isn't he?!!!!! LOL
Imagine the wedding......'do you take this woman to be your lawfully weded wife?'...........'uuuuuummmmmmmmm?' Hee hee
Stuff him...........odd ball he is :
Beth x x :
PMSL, he does sound like the guy who bought our last house. I was moaning about him to our EA at the time and he said I shouldn't judge other people by my own standrds as most people don't know their arse from their elbow. Made me laugh...

Wonder if your guy is on a submarine - only explanation for inability to get to a phone...

Fingers crossed you get another buyer and stuff them!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:44 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind - are they any easier???
Yes, in the sense I don't have to go Hobbycraft to get all the little bits and bobs this year.

Originally Posted by somme
Happy Easter to you all. Hope you all get some viewers.
Happy Easter to you to Somme.

Originally Posted by tum
LITTLE UPDATE Well, we did it, we changed EA's, next Wednesday new pictures, on the market again hopefully on Friday let's hope our year on the market won't become 2 years HIHAAA
Let's hope the change of EA will bring you lots of good luck (and viewers ).

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Actually we've got our visa, but we can't move until July because of work.

The buyers did come up by £2,000 which we've almost accepted. We're just wrangling over move dates but (touch wood) we've got a deal that suits us both
Congrats. As long you're happy with the offer then that's the main thing.

Some people hey. Stick to ya guns Wardy and tell her where to stuff it.

Stuff him...........odd ball he is
Beth x x
Let's hope they stop playing games and come back to you soon.

Big Hug.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:47 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Hopefully your EA will be able to talk sense into them or find someone better.

PMSL, he does sound like the guy who bought our last house. I was moaning about him to our EA at the time and he said I shouldn't judge other people by my own standrds as most people don't know their arse from their elbow. Made me laugh...

Wonder if your guy is on a submarine - only explanation for inability to get to a phone...

Fingers crossed you get another buyer and stuff them!!
Well i just hope he's not in charge of the security for our country!!!! Imagine if he has the final say on whether to lauch a missile or not!!!!
I'm tempted to ring EA and put the price UP so they can't afford it any more...LOL
Bloody freezing outside........be warmer if it snowed!!!
Beth x x
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well i just hope he's not in charge of the security for our country!!!! Imagine if he has the final say on whether to lauch a missile or not!!!!
I'm tempted to ring EA and put the price UP so they can't afford it any more...LOL
Bloody freezing outside........be warmer if it snowed!!!
Beth x x
PMSL, errrm, should I fire the missile..... ermm, I'll just have a cup of tea and think about it... ermmm Ok, maybe I will.... BANG too late UK gone up in smoke...

Not been out yet - have to go out at some point to collect some electrical gear from the warehouse, but just had an email to say they're out of stock. GRRR.:curse: Why did I bother to place an order, I wanted confirmed delivery today not after the bank holiday...:curse: At least I hadn't dragged DD down there and found it wasn't in stock.

No word from my EA, was supposed to be phoning Mr I can't commit on the flat today to see what is happening.... I just want to sell one of these properties... they're all lovely and priced to sell. I blame the media for spreading doom and gloom.

Beth - did you get my email with directions?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:35 am
Make it happen!!!!

PMSL, errrm, should I fire the missile..... ermm, I'll just have a cup of tea and think about it... ermmm Ok, maybe I will.... BANG too late UK gone up in smoke...

Not been out yet - have to go out at some point to collect some electrical gear from the warehouse, but just had an email to say they're out of stock. GRRR.:curse: Why did I bother to place an order, I wanted confirmed delivery today not after the bank holiday...:curse: At least I hadn't dragged DD down there and found it wasn't in stock.

No word from my EA, was supposed to be phoning Mr I can't commit on the flat today to see what is happening.... I just want to sell one of these properties... they're all lovely and priced to sell. I blame the media for spreading doom and gloom.

Beth - did you get my email with directions?
Yes I got your email, dim panic.....diolch un fawr cariad
Got lost after hitting the Gabalfa roundabout though....LOL.....I'm sure Andrew will understand the directions.
Beth x x
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I got your email, dim panic.....diolch un fawr cariad
Got lost after hitting the Gabalfa roundabout though....LOL.....I'm sure Andrew will understand the directions.
Beth x x
Not to worry - I get lost every time I go round Gabalfa and go round it 4 times a day.....
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:46 am
Make it happen!!!!

Not to worry - I get lost every time I go round Gabalfa and go round it 4 times a day.....
PMSL......I actually believe that....LOL
Beth x x
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMSL......I actually believe that....LOL
Beth x x
Only because you've been round it yourself!

Some of my rellies from Oz came to stay last year. They had a hire car and would drive 10 miles out of their way to avoid Gabalfa as they said it was the worst roundabout they had ever seen. Couldn't believe the flyover just letting cars pull out into the middle of the traffic.

We did tell them about spaghetti junction, but they didn't believe us.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:52 am
Make it happen!!!!

Only because you've been round it yourself!

Some of my rellies from Oz came to stay last year. They had a hire car and would drive 10 miles out of their way to avoid Gabalfa as they said it was the worst roundabout they had ever seen. Couldn't believe the flyover just letting cars pull out into the middle of the traffic.

We did tell them about spaghetti junction, but they didn't believe us.
Yeah it's not the best planned roundabout
If we're late for the meet....you can bet we'll be doing a few laps on there....LOL
Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.