Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by nickywes
We have ours up for sale too. Been on for about 3 weeks and had 2 viewers so far, no offers yet. Our agent is internet based only and vets every single buyer before sending them round. Good in lots of ways because I don't have to keep cleaning in half hours notice but takes almost a week for each viewing. Strange I think, but he says no point sending people round that either can't afford it or have not even got their house up for sale yet. Another viewing booked for Wednesday at 3pm so fingers crossed.
We have had visa since June but husband got really ill and just finished treatment and all plans put on hold. Wish we had put house up then, better market and all that.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Sounds like the agent isn't doing too badly - 3 viewings in 3 weeks. Who are they?

Bad luck on your husband's illness - hope he's better now. the market does seem to be picking up now, so I'm sure you'll sell soon.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:49 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

He is a new one based in Hertfordshire, Fairplay property. Quite good internet site and did a virtual tour and full page local newspaper advert. Very pleased with him so far but we will see. Think we may have it too high at the moment but worth trying our luck and just by having a couple of viewers already makes me feel that can't be that far wrong. Had 4 different valuations and there was almost £200,000 difference between them, how crazy is that. Want to sell it asap now but can't move until at least August when son finishes first year college and husband has at least one check up.
Roll on.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

He is a new one based in Hertfordshire, Fairplay property. Quite good internet site and did a virtual tour and full page local newspaper advert. Very pleased with him so far but we will see. Think we may have it too high at the moment but worth trying our luck and just by having a couple of viewers already makes me feel that can't be that far wrong. Had 4 different valuations and there was almost £200,000 difference between them, how crazy is that. Want to sell it asap now but can't move until at least August when son finishes first year college and husband has at least one check up.
Roll on.

We had £95K difference between the top and the bottom valuation too. It's mad. I think if your house is a one off, they don't know how to price them. We first put the house on £20K under the top price and have since reduced it to less than the bottom price with no luck.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:02 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds exactly the same as us. Our house is a one off and most agents looked on internet to find comparable i.e. 4 bed etc. but did not know how to value this type. We put it on at about 20k less than top value but are quite happy to accept 50k less if only someone would offer!! I am really impatient. Have been in the situation of chasing prices when we were in the recession before, hope it doesn't happen again.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds exactly the same as us. Our house is a one off and most agents looked on internet to find comparable i.e. 4 bed etc. but did not know how to value this type. We put it on at about 20k less than top value but are quite happy to accept 50k less if only someone would offer!! I am really impatient. Have been in the situation of chasing prices when we were in the recession before, hope it doesn't happen again.
Were you trying to sell 3 years ago? that's when we sold our last house and prices dropped then too. It wasn't too bad as we knocked more off the one we bought than the one we sold, but this time we aren't in a chain.

We put ours on last May as we knew the market was likely to slow, but unfortunately we accepted an offer from a couple who then pulled out in September.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:26 am

Oh my god that is worse than waiting for a buyer, someone pulling out so late. We were caught in the recession in early 90's and house prices dropped so badly that we ended up selling for some ridiculous amount because we had to. Have you had less interest now it is back on the market again? Whereabouts are you?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Just wondering if there is anyone from liverpool- merseyside way trying to sell their property at the minute. If so how you getting on?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh my god that is worse than waiting for a buyer, someone pulling out so late. We were caught in the recession in early 90's and house prices dropped so badly that we ended up selling for some ridiculous amount because we had to. Have you had less interest now it is back on the market again? Whereabouts are you?
I know, they pulled out because prices were dropping we think.... Not as bad as losing money in the 90s though - we sat that out thankfully.

Originally Posted by suart
Just wondering if there is anyone from liverpool- merseyside way trying to sell their property at the minute. If so how you getting on?
A poster called Issie was trying to sell her house in Liverpool for a long time. In the end she gave up and flew out without selling it this week.

Sorry folks - I am usually more cheerful than this.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Well guys, I haven't noticed so much in the papers this week about recessions or house prices dropping, although maybe I am selectively reading. I wonder how Issie is getting on out there?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:11 am

There is a programme on tonight about the house prices, have taped it. I think a lot of people scare mongering makes the situation a whole lot worse. Did think about maybe moving out without selling but really need to take the house money with us.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Well guys, I haven't noticed so much in the papers this week about recessions or house prices dropping, although maybe I am selectively reading. I wonder how Issie is getting on out there?
I think the stock market hooha has put the housing market on the back burner. Not sure if that is good or bad

There is a programme on tonight about the house prices, have taped it. I think a lot of people scare mongering makes the situation a whole lot worse. Did think about maybe moving out without selling but really need to take the house money with us.
Too true, the media would love a crash to report.:curse:

My OH won't move without selling. He might change his mind when we get the visa though.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:38 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I think the stock market hooha has put the housing market on the back burner. Not sure if that is good or bad
The stock markets are sending out bad messages and I think this makes people feel less willing to make investments in anything, including houses. Uncertainty rules at present.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by suart
We live in Birkenhead and are just beggining the the whole house selling stuff, we haven`t put it up for sale yet, doing a bit, well a lot of spring cleaning and decorating.
Looking at the market, things seem slllloooooowww.
So hoping the markets picked up a bit by the summer when we`ll be ready to put it up for sale.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG just reading the thread and you lot have had two offers accepted over the weekend - excellent Hopefully the market is picking up and there are more offers to come

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
hi adele we are looking south of adelaide at the moment but who knows it may change. I guess it all depends where we get jobs. We are thinking of renting for a year first to settle in. We will have around $40k to put down on house and are hoping we wont need a mortgage for more than 350k x clare
Hi Claire - that sounds very like us! we started thinking that we would probably go south - and we ended up north east! and we said we would def not buy for the first year and here we are two months in buying ooooh a 350K mortgage is going to be scary repayments although that depends on how much you are used to paying.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hey TIggs - I will let FLy fill you in on the gossip... Glad to hear you are settling.
hi hun
i cant believe that i have been missing all of the gossip!!! i dont know i hang around here for two years and as soon as i go for a bit all the scandel comes to light!
fingers crossed your house sale sorts itself out.

Morning Everyone,

Thanks for the PM Tiggs - house looks wonderful - SO big and lots of land. You get a lot for your money don't you. Glad that the furniture didn't come with the house. Once that is out, I suspect that it will look a lot better anyway and there won't be too much work to do.

Sorry that things have been up and down for you. Hopefully you're through the worst now and will feel better in your own home. Gonnago, Clare and I will be out there soon to cheer you up.

Hope the boys are settling into school. Is the youngest going to Kindy or daycare, or are you trying to do everything with him in tow? (Not easy.)

Take care and come back soon.
thanks hun - the house needs a fair bit of updating but we are used to that! Our furniture is quite modern so is going to look a bit odd until we get some decorating done! We certainly have got more for our money than we could have done in the uk - but did have to pay a bit more than we were hoping - house prices have shot up here in the last few months even. Our problem was wanting a house on a larger block - they are not easy to find!
Still havent replied to your pm - but i havent forgotten!

Youngest is not due to start kindy until july - even though he was full time nursery in the uk. probably going to try and find at least a bit of day care for him - he is getting fed up of trailing around with me!

8000!!
cant believe the thread has got to 8000!!!!!!

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Feb 4th 2008 at 11:56 am.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
OMG just reading the thread and you lot have had two offers accepted over the weekend - excellent Hopefully the market is picking up and there are more offers to come

Hi Claire - that sounds very like us! we started thinking that we would probably go south - and we ended up north east! and we said we would def not buy for the first year and here we are two months in buying ooooh a 350K mortgage is going to be scary repayments although that depends on how much you are used to paying.

hi hun
i cant believe that i have been missing all of the gossip!!! i dont know i hang around here for two years and as soon as i go for a bit all the scandel comes to light!
fingers crossed your house sale sorts itself out.

thanks hun - the house needs a fair bit of updating but we are used to that! Our furniture is quite modern so is going to look a bit odd until we get some decorating done! We certainly have got more for our money than we could have done in the uk - but did have to pay a bit more than we were hoping - house prices have shot up here in the last few months even. Our problem was wanting a house on a larger block - they are not easy to find!
Still havent replied to your pm - but i havent forgotten!

Youngest is not due to start kindy until july - even though he was full time nursery in the uk. probably going to try and find at least a bit of day care for him - he is getting fed up of trailing around with me!

cant believe the thread has got to 8000!!!!!!
Hi Tiggs, could we do a swap our furniture is antique and just seen a house we are puttin an offer in but like you more than we wantd to pay, agent just phoned to say another person is putting an offer in today as well, we will have to wait and see.

Like you we were going to wait a year but house prices are only rising

Fly I wish I could send you some K's but it won't let me still.

To everyone else everything crossed for you.

What gossip ??????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.