Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:41 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL. I whinged about it so much that he finished the job. Wouldn't have even started it if I hadn't though.

He is taking me out for a meal tonight but he hasn't booked anywhere. I told him that you had to book at the expensive places. Should have seen his face drop.

I got a lovely handmade glass pendant necklace from my daughter and some diamond earrings from the OH. He also got me a gizmo for transfering records onto CDs via the PC. This was really something he wanted himself... Last year he got me a sat nav! Never mind, I buy him decent shirts for his birthdays as he won' buy them for himself.
OMeffinG!!! Who's going to KFC tonight Never mind, if you're good, you might get to sit down at the tables, or even on the bar stools

The pendant sounds lovely & ear-rings are always nice - you sound quite spoilt

Have a lovely evening - & keep us posted if he starts any funny stuff, just coz he emptied the rubbish doesn't mean you owe him
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Have a lovely evening - & keep us posted if he starts any funny stuff, just coz he emptied the rubbish doesn't mean you owe him
Mine would expect full works 4 doing that

Suexx
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
That sounds good (in that he wanted to buy it before and is looking again) but if a buyer said that to me I would be tempted to plonk them one :curse: . Hope he doesn't do the silly offer thing...sorry if you have already said, does he know you are planning to emigrate?

That must be so frustrating for you Gonnago, although seems strange how nothing has been mentioned about the drop kerb since...

He does know we are planning to emigrate, but he was told today that Jason will go alone and I intended staying here until we have sold and Jason sorted something for us in Oz, we didn't give him any timeframes so are hoping we are OK. We started advertising at £10,000 less then our neighbours which is exactly the same house, they also want in excess of the price they are quoting and are advertising that. We have since reduced by £5,005, so he is getting a good buy even at our price now
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Afternoon all,

What buggers!! You know they are saving hundreds if not thousands of pounds by delaying. We had a buyer on one of our properties like this once. We agreed a good price for a quick sale. Then the sale dragged on 5 months for no reason. We told the EA to put it back on the market but unfortunately we had no other offers in the mean time and he got it cheap plus we paid the mortgage for him for 5 months.:curse:

Thanks Beth. I'm not that old really - I'm now working backwards....

Thanks Jen, I'm trying to convince my OH that he really sould be emptying the bins as it is my birthday.

That sounds very promising!! Hope he doesn't make a silly offer. I shall come round with a big stick if he does.:curse:

We haven't heard from our phantom viewer who wanted to bring her OH back. Ah well, that's the end of that. Onwards and upwards for Saturday's viewing.
We might need that stick and good luck with your Saturday viewing
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
Mine would expect full works 4 doing that

Suexx
PMSL - It's my birthday so I get to say leave me in peace.

He is taking me to the Maen Llwyd in Rudry, where you can't book, so he says.....

Jen - If we end up at the KFC, he can whistle for special privileges until my next birthday.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sparky Wife.

****Waves****

Did you sleep better last night?
Hello there Fly Away!!!

Hope you have a lovely meal...you know where you are going now then! Your pressies sounds great!!! Jewellery is something you can always treasure!
Hope the viewing on Sat brings some joy.

Um, not too good actually despite my best efforts! It was still a late one because OH was sorting out his electrical stuff for ARTC (I got off the web at about 9.15pm ) so in the end it was gone 11pm. Still woke up at 4am, although managed to go in and out of sleep then instead of wide awake.

Apart from that we are now sorting out our belongings and what we are going to do with them.

Hi Tracy, well, it sounds as though he is looking at a very good deal and he would be incredibly cheeky to put in a stupid offer. Hope he comes back with a realistic one.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:05 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Oh no! Don't you just love that.:curse: I bet you had cleaned like crazy and the house was looking lovely.

Fingers crossed that they rebook - our viewers yesterday cancelled TWICE before they finally came. So they could still turn up another time.
Yes, and when you've got a 3yr old and a 1yr old it doesn't help....bloody carpet treaders!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:10 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Had some news yesterday..... Our chain might be coming back together! It was our buyers buyers buyer that dropped out, anyway, our buyers buyer has accepted another offer BUT it is less and we all have to try to make the money up, so we have had to drop the price abit more waiting to see if all the others agree to do the same It's got to be a small price to pay to get the chain moving again though.
The new addition to our chain has nothing to sell either, all the surveys etc have already been done for the other 2 sales so it could be a matter of weeks!
Lets just keep our fingers crossed that our stingy buyer agrees....they already have a bargain, and the house they are selling is bigger than ours so it's pence to them
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:37 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of news my end too......rung one of those companies who buy your house for cash with a 4 week completion. They got back to me and it looks like they can offer us enough to cover the mortgage and the secured loan we have on the house
Be nothing left over.....but it's a step in the right direction with the market being the way it is right now.
We can also stay in the house until we are ready to fly.
Have to decide what to do now.
Beth x x
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

i would say not to be hasty!!!!

We are flying in 8 weeks and still have house on the market. We have dropped by 20k already, but no more. We are going whether house is sold or not. Just think, say you lose 20k by letting one of these companies sell your house, wouldnt you be better off going and leaving house on market, payments wouldnt be 20k........

Remember its the market not your property things are picking up
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:10 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
i would say not to be hasty!!!!

We are flying in 8 weeks and still have house on the market. We have dropped by 20k already, but no more. We are going whether house is sold or not. Just think, say you lose 20k by letting one of these companies sell your house, wouldnt you be better off going and leaving house on market, payments wouldnt be 20k........

Remember its the market not your property things are picking up
Just had the formal job offer through We have 12 weeks max to get out there!!!!
Feeling a bit numb now.
Beth x x
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Oh wow, its exciting isnt it!!!!!

We go 8 weeks today and then I start my job about 4 or 5 weeks after. Need some time to settle kids into school , find a house to rent, buy a car etc etc.

No more viewings arranged My hubby keeps saying dont worry it will all come together......
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:21 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by spaceys
Oh wow, its exciting isnt it!!!!!

We go 8 weeks today and then I start my job about 4 or 5 weeks after. Need some time to settle kids into school , find a house to rent, buy a car etc etc.

No more viewings arranged My hubby keeps saying dont worry it will all come together......
I'm scared to death right now
So many formalities to tie up and things to sort out......and that's just to leave the UK!!!
Hopefully we will laugh about this one day
Good luck your end,
Beth x x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Tell me about it Am trying to sort out shippers at the moment. OH wants to take 2 motorbikes so loads more paperwork to do

Right am off to sort out transport from airport to accommodation
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

excuse me a moment AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thanks

I have not been chasing our agents/solicitors as much this week, have got to stage where i thought everything was just going to fall into place, how fudging wrong can I be.....conveyancer's secretary (used to be my secretary) just phoned - she has chased buyers solicitor and no progress (thats for the last month now) still no mortgage offer BUT they have raised some MORE additional enquiries, why are they doing it now??? we have been almost ready to go since about christmas why do they keep digging stuff up at this late stage:curse: I dont know what they are but will find out tomorrow.:curse::curse:

Spoke to Dh, he thinks we should give them till end of month and then threaten to put house back on market, I dont know if htat is risky and cutting off our nose to spite our face though.

To think we all thought it would be sorted before Xmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.