Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by betsyboob
CHAIN BACK TOGETHER!!!
Yes, we have sold....again! just hope it sticks this time
EA reckons 6wks, should be in Oz in 8!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the moon! xxxx
Congratulations hope this all goes well sending you some Karma.

We have heard nothing from the people who came round for second viewing on saturday so I am going to forget that one. EA says people are looking three or four times and also putting in offers on more than one property to see which gives them the best deal. I am so fed up with keeping things clean and running around after three kids. Got another viewing at 4.30pm. My house smells like a brothel as littlest knocked a bottle of contradiction onto the utility room floor which is stone and the whole thing smashed!!!

Heres hoping that the wqeekend brings lots of eager buyers who are in position to move.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:10 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Been out most of the afternoon on retail therapy with daughter numero un (she has a half day on Friday) so sorry to see you're all having such a depressing time - apart from Betsyboobs (YAY!!! FOR THE CHAIN COMING BACK TOGETHER!!!)

C'mon ladies - we'll get this sorted - who gives a gnat's chuff about whinging friends, family in denial, bloody estate agents & everything else?

If it's meant to be, let's make our dreams happen

Bloody pathetic bunch of whinging pommy house-selling bints - let's have a little motivation in here

This lunatic message was brought to you by a Recently-Bankrupted-at-the-Sales JenniGee
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisey
Congratulations hope this all goes well sending you some Karma.

We have heard nothing from the people who came round for second viewing on saturday so I am going to forget that one. EA says people are looking three or four times and also putting in offers on more than one property to see which gives them the best deal. I am so fed up with keeping things clean and running around after three kids. Got another viewing at 4.30pm. My house smells like a brothel as littlest knocked a bottle of contradiction onto the utility room floor which is stone and the whole thing smashed!!!

Heres hoping that the wqeekend brings lots of eager buyers who are in position to move.
Hi Maisey. Sorry that you are having a tough time. Our house has been on the market for 9 months, (God I could have had a baby in this time!) and I am sick of cleaning too. We have a viewer tomorrow and I'm scrubbing again. One day it MUST pay off. Good luck with your viewing - it might just be the one. Maybe they like brothels??? (If you're worried, just tell them what happened - it'll break the ice.)

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Been out most of the afternoon on retail therapy with daughter numero un (she has a half day on Friday) so sorry to see you're all having such a depressing time - apart from Betsyboobs (YAY!!! FOR THE CHAIN COMING BACK TOGETHER!!!)

C'mon ladies - we'll get this sorted - who gives a gnat's chuff about whinging friends, family in denial, bloody estate agents & everything else?

If it's meant to be, let's make our dreams happen
Bloody pathetic bunch of whinging pommy house-selling bints - let's have a little motivation in here

This lunatic message was brought to you by a Recently-Bankrupted-at-the-Sales JenniGee
Hi Jen,

Could you go and give pep talks to the viewers please?? We WANT to sell our houses. They just aren't sure what they want..... :curse:

Hope you had fun in the sales - I am not buying anything ever again until I get rid of the stuff in my 20 foot storage unit, my 27 foot loft, my 17 foot shed, my 4 built in wardrobes, plus all the furniture etc in 3 properties.... can't start clearing any of this junk properly until we accept an offer and can mess the house up.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Well have just checked my messages as EA not turned up and guess what they cancelled at quarter to four - cheers for that all that wasted effort for nothing. Didn't even have time to go to supermarket to get stuff for kids dinner. Working this weekend so that will take my mind off it, no viewings booked so OH can relax I suppose.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well have just checked my messages as EA not turned up and guess what they cancelled at quarter to four - cheers for that all that wasted effort for nothing. Didn't even have time to go to supermarket to get stuff for kids dinner. Working this weekend so that will take my mind off it, no viewings booked so OH can relax I suppose.
OH NO Maisey.:curse::curse: What utter barstewards. They would have been crap buyers anyway if they behave like this. Sending you some Ks if I can for better luck.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

That's awful Maisey ...sending you karma for a decent buyer to come your way soon.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:39 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Shoot them. And threaten to castrate the EA if it happens again.

I really feel for you, trying to sell at the moment, it really is a buyer's market & as such, some of them just take the p**s

Try & enjoy the peace & quiet twith OH his weekend & with luck, someone will pop up out of the blue, just as you're about to have a norty bubble bath together
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:45 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Percentage wise we've knocked 11% off the original asking price now
Still no viewers
Next week will go to 15% and see what happens
Beth x x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Percentage wise we've knocked 11% off the original asking price now
Still no viewers
Next week will go to 15% and see what happens
Beth x x
Hi Beth,

It's terrible isn't it? We've reduced by 12% from the initial valuation a year ago. We even put it on the market at less than the figure the EA gave to encourage people. Fingers and toes and everything crossed for a result soon. You must sell sometime.

At least you have the property company offer as back up. Which company was it who gave you the best price? We had a couple quote but they offered less than the auction reserve we were quoted.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:54 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Beth,

It's terrible isn't it? We've reduced by 12% from the initial valuation a year ago. We even put it on the market at less than the figure the EA gave to encourage people. Fingers and toes and everything crossed for a result soon. You must sell sometime.

At least you have the property company offer as back up. Which company was it who gave you the best price? We had a couple quote but they offered less than the auction reserve we were quoted.
They are : www.qcfp.co.uk
Haven't tried any others yet though.....but something has to happen in the next few weeks before we leave
Beth x x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
They are : www.qcfp.co.uk
Haven't tried any others yet though.....but something has to happen in the next few weeks before we leave
Beth x x
Thanks Beth!

I clicked on the link, put my details in and they phoned back 2 mins later. Said they would send a pack and get back to me with a valuation next week. I dare say it will be insultingly low, but hey ho, you have to investigate every avenue.

I'm sure that something will happen for you. I have seen so many people sort out a sale at the last moment. We aren't in that position yet - still at the, well we might not get the visa's stage, so we haven't made the big push. Once we pass the meds, we will be at that stage!

Sending Ks for good luck if I can.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been on here much but the time lag makes it difficult and enjoying the sunshine.

Dave starts work on Monday for a pool company while he does the remainder of his electical course, crap money but chilled job.

Can't find a house we like (mainly me) at a price we can afford

Good news is there are hundreds to choose from so one will turn up

Still loving it, things I miss marmite, sausages.

Family and freinds but you can buy a card from the post office superbuzz for $20 and it gives you over 30 hours talk time to a landline in the uk

Would I come back to the uk, NO!!!!

Speak to you all soon.

Virtual Karma to you all, they will sell, you only need 1 buyer
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
Hi everyone, sorry I have not been on here much but the time lag makes it difficult and enjoying the sunshine.

Dave starts work on Monday for a pool company while he does the remainder of his electical course, crap money but chilled job.

Can't find a house we like (mainly me) at a price we can afford

Good news is there are hundreds to choose from so one will turn up

Still loving it, things I miss marmite, sausages.

Family and freinds but you can buy a card from the post office superbuzz for $20 and it gives you over 30 hours talk time to a landline in the uk

Would I come back to the uk, NO!!!!

Speak to you all soon.

Virtual Karma to you all, they will sell, you only need 1 buyer
Hi Somme,

Great to hear that things are going so well! Hope you find a house soon, you fussy bugger

The market is picking up here, so hopefully we'll be out there with you before you know it!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Somme,

Great to hear that things are going so well! Hope you find a house soon, you fussy bugger

The market is picking up here, so hopefully we'll be out there with you before you know it!!
I will try and put off our trip to adalaide untill you get over here, so bl**dy hurry up

You are right I am a fussy bugger
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by somme
I will try and put off our trip to adalaide untill you get over here, so bl**dy hurry up

You are right I am a fussy bugger
Thanks Hun. I will try to be as quick as I can - although OH has given up hope and taken another contract on. It can be broken if we sell the house though.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.